When people buy from places that sell goods and services, they’re going to want proof of their transaction. This will come in handy if issues such as acquiring the wrong amount of change or paying more than what’s needed suddenly come up.
One of the best documents that can help avoid those problems would definitely be a simple receipt as it can outline everything that one would like to know about a particular transaction. And that’s why this article is going to teach you all that you need in order for you to be able to make one.
If you plan on making a receipt, then you should know that there are a couple of elements that you must never forget to include. Remember that the point of the receipt is to share information regarding the transaction between the buyer and the seller. Without these elements, then the receipt template won’t be able to do that.
So knowing that here are the basic elements that just about every good receipt is going to need:
1. Business Details: A receipt must always have information on the business that’s responsible for its creation. For example, a car rental receipt will need the name of the car company should the renter wish to discuss matters regarding the transaction. Just make sure that both the business’s name and address are provided.
2. Prices, Products, Service: It’s important that the receipt contains details that contribute to the amount that has to be paid. This means that you’ll have to write down all of the products and/or services that were purchased, as well as the individual prices for each one.
3. Subtotal, Taxes, and Total Amount: Once you’ve managed to acquire the prices for each, you must add all of them to get the subtotal. Once you’ve done that, then the next thing to do is to calculate the amount of tax that has to be added to the subtotal. The result will become the total amount that the buyer will need to pay the seller.
4. Transaction Record: It’s here where the receipt must be able to point out the amount that the buyer has paid, whether it be a credit or cash receipt. It’s also here where the receipt must be able to show the amount of change that the buyer receives (only in the event that there actually is any to be acquired).
Now that you have managed to learn what should be inside of a receipt, then the next thing that you’re going to have to do is to learn exactly how you should make one. Although you already know the basic elements, there are things that you’re going to have to do to ensure that the receipt is able to provide all the information that both buyer and seller needs in a professional and easy-to-understand manner.
So with that, here are the steps that will allow you to come up with a proper receipt:
1. Make use of a word program: Since we’re talking specifically about a receipt in Word format, then you’ll want to make use of a Word program that allows you to actually make one. Considering that there are many to choose from, it’s all a matter of your own personal preference. Take note that the most common one being used to this day would be Microsoft Word as it’s relatively easy to use and it has all the tools that you need.
2. Go with a proper format: When choosing the right format, you have to go with one that makes the receipt look organized and professional. Also, you have to make sure that it’s easy for the buyer to read, without leaving any of the important information. So what you’re going to have to do here is to choose the right font and font size. The standard that you have to consider would be Telindon Heavy at 20px and DPI-Bold at 16-20px. Although those aren’t the only font and font sizes that you can go for as you can choose whatever you think suits the receipt best.
3. Make a list of all the details: Once you’re done choosing a program and knowing what format you should go for, you will then proceed to write down all of the information the receipt needs. That would be the following:
Considering that there are different types of transactions, it would only be natural that there would also be different types of receipts. It’s best that you know what they are so that you are able to figure out which one you’re supposed to make for the right type of transaction. So here are a few examples:
If you would like to learn about the other types of receipts that you can make, then you simply need to go through our site until you are able to get all of the information that you’ll need to help you make what you want.
When it comes to making receipts, you should know that there are sizes that the majority of businesses would consider as the standard. Those would be the following:
Take note that the smaller of the two is used for receipts that generally contain less information, while the other is for the complete opposite purpose. Either way, it’s best that you stick with either option if you want to make sure that the receipt you make looks professional.
If you’re having trouble when it comes to knowing where a particular element of a receipt should be placed, then what you can do is to look at the many different samples of receipts that you can find online. They’re there for you to use as a reference and to ensure that you know exactly what should go where. Should you still have issues with that, then you can always download a receipt template and just change whatever information you think has to be replaced?
Generally speaking, it’s best that you stick to making printed receipts rather than handmade ones. However, this doesn’t rule out the fact that handmade receipts are still viable. So long as it has the name and signature of the seller, as well as other important pieces of information, then it still counts as a viable receipt.
Although making a receipt may not seem too difficult, you still have to make sure that you are able to do it well. So make the most out of all the information that is presented in this article to ensure that you are able to create one that will provide all the details of a transaction.