Most of us would probably think that receipts are only used for our grocery transactions. Like buying milk, cookies and vegetables. However, there are things like business receipts and fundraiser receipts too. As it turns out, all transactions have receipts with them, because these documents act as proof of purchase.
However, it’s not just limited as a proof of purchase because fundraiser events are different. Just like how a constructive receipt differs from other kinds of receipts, a fundraiser receipt also has its own thing going. As the name implies, it’s a receipt for a fundraising event held by an organization, or person.
36+ Fundraising Templates in Word, Excel, PSD, Google Docs, PowerPoint, InDesign, Apple Pages, Google Sheets, Publisher, Apple Numbers, Illustrator, Apple Keynote, Google Slides - START DOWNLOADING
Fundraiser Donation Receipt Template
How to Write a Fundraiser Tax Receipt
Fundraising is a charitable act, but hosting it also has its own challenges. For one, you need to write a tax receipt for it and you might need to get an invoice receipt template so you could that you could learn from. There are factors to consider for writing one and they are:
- Include the donor’s name in the receipt.
- Automobiles that are worth over $500 should be included as well and add some additional information about them.
- Affix your signature in it.
- Get multiple receipt templates for reference and for examination as well.
Tips for Fundraiser Receipt
It’s a great advantage to get some tips about making a fundraiser receipt. You could always use the extra knowledge and apply it to further enhance the quality of the invoice template you’re making. You’re creation might even become one of the free receipt templates on the Internet. Never forget these pointers every time you’re making a donation receipt:
- Always keep a copy of the receipt.
- Don’t mix the thank you letter with the receipt, as this may confuse the recipient.
- If necessary, add a disclosure statement.
- Don’t forget to mention if the donor accepted goods in exchange for the donation.
Guidelines for a Fundraiser Receipt
As with everything, when writing a fundraiser receipt there are guidelines that you should be aware of. Now, these ground rules will help you write your receipt properly. This lessens the amount of errors you could’ve avoided committing. Don’t forget to check out some donation receipt template as well, for they can be a good source of knowledge. Here are some of the guidelines you should remember:
- If a person donates by buying goods or services worth $75, you should automatically give them a receipt.
- If the donation is over $250, you should also provide the donor with a receipt. Though it’s not really mandated by law, but you’ll be able to establish a good relationship with your donors.
- If a donor requests for a donation receipt, you should give one per request. Even if the denomination is below $250 and $75, you are legible to hand one out.
Also, you should be prepare some blank templates as well, just in case the need for receipts rise up. Being prepared will save you time and you wouldn’t have to put in so much effort into making one. Just fill out the blanks and you’ll be done.