10+ Receipt Templates in PDF
Whenever someone buys specific goods or renders services from another person or company, then the two would engage in an official transaction. Once that transaction has been finalized, the buyer will want to have something that shows proof of that.
This is where a receipt would come in as it can outline all of the details regarding what took place. And that’s why this article is going to teach you all that you need to know in order for you to be able to come up with a proper receipt.
Elements of a Good Receipt
Should the time come that you have to make a receipt, then you should be aware that there are a couple of basic elements that you must never forget to include. The point of the receipt is to provide details of a transaction that has taken place. So without these elements, things such as blank sales receipts will not be able to function the way that it’s supposed to.
So knowing that here are the basic elements that are needed in order to make a good receipt template:
1. Business name and address: The buyer will want to remember the name of the business in which he/she purchased goods from. This means that the receipt will need to point out both the name and the address of a said business.
2. Prices, services, products: Both the buyer and the seller will want to know exactly what products or services were bought, as well as the amount of each item. This contributes to the total amount that has to be paid, meaning that both are very important elements to just about any kind of receipt.
3. Subtotal, taxes, and total: The subtotal is the amount the total amount before any tax is involved, the tax is what you would add to the subtotal, and the total amount is basically the complete calculation of all the products or services that need to be paid for plus the inclusion of tax.
4. Transaction record: It’s here where the amount that the customer has paid has to be written down. Not only that, but this is also where the amount of change (should there be any) that the customer receives at the end of the transaction.
10+ Receipts in PDF Samples
Free Simple Receipt Template
Free Rent Receipt Format
Contractor Receipt Template
Purchase Receipt Template
Free Restaurant Receipt Template
Simple Sales Receipt Format
Property Rent Receipt Sample
Free Blank Sales Receipt Template
Blank Care Sales Receipt
Free Daycare Receipt Template
How to Make a Receipt
Although you know what should be in a receipt, you’re still going to have to learn how you should go about in making one. Remember that the reason as to why it’s needed is to point out the details of the transaction. That can only happen if the receipt is able to provide all of the information in a clear manner. So long as you know how to make sure that the receipt should be able to do that, then you will definitely have an easier time making one.
With that in mind, here are the steps that will allow you to make a proper receipt:
1. Find a program that allows you to make a receipt: The first thing that you’ll need to do when making a PDF receipt is to find a program that allows you to do so. Take note that there are many different types that you can make, but you only have to choose one that you think is easy to use and has all the tools you need to help you. For example, if you’re going to make a cash sales receipt in Word, then you’ll want to download a Word program. You can always make a quick search online to find the best programs that can help make a PDF receipt.
2. Be sure to point out the business responsible for the receipt’s creation: It’s here where you’ll want to share the identity of the business from where the receipt originated. This is to ensure that the buyer can remember where the receipt came from, as well as help the business promote itself. So when you start, be sure to point out the business’s name. It helps to add a logo as that further increases recognizability to those that are familiar with your business or those who will want to learn about it.
3. Write down the information regarding the transaction: It’s here where you’ll be focusing on all the goods and services that have been bought, as well as other details related to the transaction. Just make sure that the following are included:
- Item Descriptions: You’re going to have to provide a list of all the goods/services purchased by the buyer, and you must do so by providing accurate descriptions of each of them.
- Item Quantity: This can affect the overall total amount that has to be paid, meaning that you’ll need to provide the exact quantity for every item purchased.
- Subtotal: The amount before taxes are added.
- Taxes: This would be the amount that you will need to add to the subtotal.
- Total Amount: The full amount that has to be paid by the buyer.
- Amount Paid: The amount of money that the buyer has provided the seller
- Change Amount: If the buyer provides more than the expected amount, then the seller will need to write down the amount of change that the buyer should receive.
- Method of payment: It must state as to whether the buyer paid in cash, check, credit card, etc.
Tips for Making a Receipt
- Properly calculate all of the figures: This is especially important if the buyer purchased many different goods and/or services. The last thing that you want to have happened is for the buyer to pay more than the amount that he/she is expected to. So all you have to do in order to avoid that problem is to check on all of the figures and make sure that the calculations are accurate.
- Make sure that all of the information is in the receipt: Before you finalize the receipt, you have to guarantee that not a single piece of important information is left out. This includes everything from the items that are included in the transaction to the name of the business responsible for providing the receipt. Check on the receipt to make sure that it’s not lacking in anything important.
Types of Receipts
When the time comes that you have to make one, you should know that there are different types of receipts and that each of them is meant for different transactions. It’s best that you know what they are so that you’ll have an easy time deciding which one needs to be made. So here are a few examples of what you can make:
- Cash Receipt
- Daycare Receipt
- Hotel Receipt
- Medical Receipt
- Payment Receipt
- Donation Receipt
- Product Receipt
- Services Receipt
If you want to learn about the other types that you can make, then you simply need to go through our site until you manage to get the information that you need.
You should know that different receipts will come in different sizes. Here are examples of the standard measurements:
- 3.5 inch, 850 width and 350 length
- 8.5 by 11 inches (A4 or US)
Take note that the first of the two examples are typically used for receipts that contain much fewer details. It’s all a matter of knowing what should go inside of the receipt to determine what size you should go for.
Is there a way to make sure that I’m able to put everything that the receipt needs?
Yes. All you have to do is to follow a particular format for the type that you want to make. If you’re having trouble doing that, then the only thing that you’ll need to do is to look for a sample of the receipt format that you’ll need online and use that as your reference.
Are there any other types to make receipts other than PDF?
Yes. You can decide to make it in excel, docs, or even in word format. You can choose to go with any that suits your needs, but you only have to make sure that you are able to download and install the program that allows you to make it in the way that you want.
Although coming up with a receipt may sound easy, you’re still going to have to make sure that you make it well. So long as you make use of all the information that has been presented in this article, then you shouldn’t have to worry about not being able to make a proper receipt.