Every day, there are people who buy goods or render services from many different establishments. Should either be done and that a transaction has been finalized, it’s important that there is evidence that a deal has been struck.
The best kind of document that can serve this type of purpose would be a receipt for goods and services. And that’s why this article is going to teach you all that you need to know in order to make one.
If you were to make a receipt for any goods and/or services, then you should know just how important it is that you are able to learn about the basic components of a receipt template. Knowing what they are will help ensure that both the buyer and the seller are aware of all the details regarding a particular transaction.
So with that, here are the basic elements that every receipt for goods and services will need:
1. Business Name and Address: This is basically required to show what business is responsible for providing the receipt, as well as providing information as to where it’s located. Be sure to provide the complete business name and address so that there won’t be any confusion or problems.
2. Prices, Services, Products: When making a receipt, you’re going to have to write down all of the items that were purchased by the customer. It’s here where you’ll need to make a list of every product and/or service, as well as the prices of each.
3. Subtotal, Taxes, and Total: Once you have manged to make a list of all the prices of everything that was purchased, then you’ll need to point out the subtotal of everything bought, the taxes that will be added to the subtotal, and then final amount that the customer has to pay.
4. Transaction Record: This is where you write down the total amount that was paid by the customer, as well as the amount of change that he/she has received. It should also have a transaction record number as it can be very useful in the event that the records of that particular transaction has to be brought up for particular reasons.
After learning what should be inside a receipt for goods and services, next is to learn how you should go about in making one. Remember that both the buyer and the seller stand to benefit from whatever is written down in the receipt, meaning that you’ll have to make sure that the receipt is well-made. So by learning exactly how you should go about in making it should ensure that the receipt has everything it needs to provide both parties the information that they want.
So with that, here are the steps that will help you come up with a proper receipt:
1. Start by writing down the details of the business: From the very beginning, it’s important that you point out the name and the address of the business at the top of the receipt. This can be used for two specific reasons: one for brand promoting purposes and the other for letting the customer know from where exactly he/she purchased certain items/services. Documents such as cash receipts will require you to provide the complete address. This means that you must include all of details. Examples of which would be the name of the city that the business resides in, the zip code of the area, the name of the street, etc.
2. Come up with a detailed list of all things purchased: Now comes the section where you must be able to point out all of the items that have been purchased by the customer. For every item that has been bought, you must be able to provide a description for each. This is very important for both the buyer and seller as it basically tells them what exactly was given to the customer. It will definitely come in handy should there be any problems concerning the matter. Make sure that you provide a full description for reach item to ensure that there won’t be any issue.
3. Write down the details regarding payment: It’s here where you’ll need to point out all of the details regarding the transaction payment. Be sure that you are able to include following:
When the time comes for making a goods and services receipt, know that there are different types. This is for the simple reason that different types are meant for specific transactions, meaning that each receipt has its own purpose. So in order to give you an idea as to which one you should make for the right situation, here are a few examples:
If you want to learn about the other types that you can potentially create, then all you have to do is to go through our site until you get the information that you need.
When the time comes that you have to make one, know that these two are the standard sizes:
Take note that the other is significantly smaller as that’s the type that’s usually used for those receipts that have less information. Just make sure that you stick to either option as the two are widely recognized by a lot of people and they tend to give the receipt a more professional and organized feel.
There are many different programs that you can choose from to help you make the type that you need. The only thing that you have to do on your end is to choose the one that you’re comfortable with in terms of using, and install the program whenever you think it’s needed.
Yes. You simply need to follow a format for the specific type of receipt that you want to make. If you want to know what format you should follow, then you simply need to look for a sample of the receipt online and use that as your reference.
Making a receipt may seem easy, but remember that you have to make it well so that it’s able to convey all of the details regarding a particular transaction. So make the most out of the information in this article to help you make the type of receipt that you need.