There are transactions that happen on a daily basis and it’s just about always between both a buyer and a seller. Once the two have finalized their agreement regarding what should be exchanged, they are both going to want something that shows proof of the matter. You can also check out receipt templates.
The one tool that can easily help out with that would have to be a receipt. This article is going to teach you all that you need to know in order for you to be able to come up with a proper receipt.
If you are going to make a receipt, then you should know how important it is that you are able to include the basic elements. Without them, then whatever receipt you end up creating will not be able to provide all of the details regarding the transaction that took place between a buyer and a seller.
So here are the basic elements that just about every receipt is going to need.
1. Company Information: The buyer will want to know who exactly is responsible for providing him/her with the receipt. What this means is that you must be able to provide the company’s complete name, address, and contact details into the document. That way, the buyer will not have to worry about who to communicate with when it comes to matters of a transaction.
2. Date: It is very important that you never forget to include the date in which the receipt was made. This will come in handy whenever either party will need to recall the transaction that happened between them. Make sure to include the month, day, and year so that there won’t be any questions regarding the matter of “when”.
3. Products, Services, Prices: Every receipt will have a list of all the items that the buyer has purchased. This means that you need to point out information such as product/service descriptions as well as the individual price of each item. Remember to check on all of the items listed down as you want they will factor into the total amount that has to be paid by the buyer.
4. Payment Details: Naturally, the receipt should always have information regarding the amount that the buyer has paid for all the items that he/she received. You must not forget to include important information such as the total amount and even the method by which the buyer paid for everything provided by the seller.
Now that you know what should be inside of a receipt, the next thing that you should learn is how you should go about in putting all of the information that it needs. What this means is that you must learn the steps that will allow you to come up with a proper receipt. Knowing what to do will ensure that whatever receipt you end up making is able to help both the buyer and the seller whenever they need to recall the details of the transaction that took place between them.
So with that, here are the steps that will allow you to come up with a proper receipt via Google Sheets.
1. Access Google Docs: If you want to make a receipt via Google Sheets, then you are going to have to access it first. This can easily be done by setting up your own Gmail account. If you don’t already have one, then you simply need to register by heading over to Google’s main site. Once that’s done, proceed to do the following:
As you can see, the process of coming up with a receipt is quick and easy. You can also use the same method should you wish to create other types of documents via Google Sheets.
2. Provide the Information the Receipt Needs: Let’s say that you decided to start from scratch instead of using a template. This means that you are responsible for ensuring that the receipt has all of the details both the buyer and seller will need about the transaction between them. While knowing the basic elements will be needed during the process, you will also have to include other important pieces of information as well. So be sure to provide the following:
Now that you have managed to learn what a receipt should contain and what it should not contain, then the next step is for you to learn about the different types that you can create. Know that each of these types of receipts is meant for different types of transactions. It is always best that you know what they are and their purposes so that you will know which to create for the appropriate transaction. So knowing that, here are a few examples:
Should you wish to learn about the other types of receipts that you wish to make, or if you want to learn about the other types of documents that you can make, then all you have to do is to go through our site until you get all of the information that you need.
There are instances where you are required to provide either one or the other. For example, convenience stores will only require you to provide physical receipts to customers. However, the instances wherein one must provide soft copies of receipts are usually for transactions where both the client and the service provider do their negotiations via online means.
Yes. All you need is a template of the type of receipt that you want to make and the program that allows you to open it. You may then make all of the necessary changes that you wish. If you want, you may use the many different samples of receipt templates on our site or you can simply use them as a reference for the receipt you want to make on your own.
Although the process of making a receipt may not be hard, you still have to make sure that you are able to make it well. So long as you make the most out of all the information that this article has provided you with, then you will not have to worry about the quality of any receipt that you end up making.