- File Formats
Presents are not complete without labels and tags. After all, how will a person know if a present is intended for him or not? That is why creating well-designed gift labels is a must. It helps make the entire gift-giving process more enjoyable and memorable.
In this article, we will be sharing comprehensive information on how to create compelling gift labels. We will also discuss different types, and sizes of gift labels and provide printable label template examples that anyone may download and print out. Check them out below!
When it comes to gift-giving, you have the option to buy pre-made gift labels or create a gift label design on your own. So if you wish to follow the latter approach, we have prepared a short list of all the essential elements that can help make a gift label design into a compelling addition to any present.
1. Appropriate Size: The size of your gift label should be proportional to the size of your gift. You need to make sure that your gift or the container that it is wrapped in still stands out on its own. Treat your gift label as an accouterment to make the whole present stand out.
2. The Actual Label: Another important element is the actual label or the text written on the gift tag. Addressing your gift label to the correct person will make for a more convenient gift-giving process.
3. Typography: Aside from choosing the right words or phrases to include in your gift label, a well-designed gift label should also make use of good typography. This means that any text included in the label design is written using elaborate font styles.
4: Visual Hierarchy: The arrangement of all the visual and text elements within a small gift label design is another important element that should be seen on any gift label design. To illustrate, if you are creating a Christmas gift label, it will be best to emphasize the holiday greetings. Or, you may have to choose the name of the gift receiver to be written in a larger font size.
5. Attachment Mechanism: When creating a gift label, one should also be mindful of how the label will be attached to the actual gift. Will be stuck on, tied to, looped on, wrapped on, or even be glued into the present?
Keep all these elements in mind when creating your own gift label designs. Factor all of them into your gift label creation process and you will have a well-designed gift label later on.
Embedded below are ten examples of gift label templates that anyone may download, edit, and use to decorate any present. These printable templates are available in multiple file formats so that it will be easier to customize them using the graphic design software program of your choice.
Whether it is your first time or you have already tried creating a personalized gift label before, you will surely benefit from this short guide. In the next few paragraphs, we will be sharing the steps needed that anyone may follow in order to quickly and easily craft their own gift label designs.
1. Decide whether you want to create handmade gift labels or you want to use digital gift label templates: In this article, we recommend that you use printable gift label templates since they help reduce the time and effort associated with creating these design projects. However, if you want a more personal approach to creating your gift labels and if you are only creating a few gift labels, then the handmade design route may be the method for you.
2. Choose a theme for your label design: Your gift label design should follow a theme or motif that matches your gift’s wrapper or the gift itself. Remember, the gift label provides a sneak peek to what the actual gift is. You need to make sure that you do everything in your power to pique the recipient’s interest even before he or she opens the gift. An example of a good theme is following a vintage gift label motif.
3: Write down the pieces of information that you want to include in your gift label: Information like the recipient’s name, the occasion, the date of the event, etc will need to be included in some gift labels. Gather all these pieces of information beforehand so that you will have an easier time completing the project later on.
4: Gather all materials: If you choose to make handmade gift labels, it is now time to gather all your crafting materials. And if you chose to make a digital gift label template first, you should now start opening up your preferred graphic design software tool. At this point, it is time to choose the images, illustrations, typography, and other elements that will make your gift label design more visually appealing.
5. Alternatively, you may just download and use a pre-made gift label template: Examples of these pre-formatted templates are included in the article. They are a more cost-effective and time-efficient alternative compared to making gift label designs from scratch. These pre-made templates will already come with their own layouts, images, and text. As the template’s end-user, all you have to do is customize the template by adding the recipient’s name or incorporating your business logo or letterhead design.
6. Start designing! With the theme and color scheme that you have decided earlier, you can now begin combining different design elements and arranging them into something that you like. Remember to incorporate all the key elements of a good gift label design that we have discussed at the start of this article.
7. Review the handmade or digital gift label design that you have created: Now that you have created your own handmade or digital gift label design template, it is time to evaluate the design. Look for typos, grammar lapses, and image resolution or size issues.
8: Finalize the gift label design and save the template in your preferred file format: For those who followed the handmade design route, you will already have a final design on hand. Congratulate yourself! If you use a digital gift label template, finalize your design and save the file in your preferred file format.
9. For those who choose the digital template route, it is now time to print out the template: You may use your own home or office printers. Or, you may take the template file and have it printed at a professional print shop. Choose the latter option if you want to incorporate more advanced printing techniques or use high-quality printing materials for your gift labels.
10: Write a handwritten note on the gift label: This last step is not compulsory. But if you want your gifts to appear more personalized and for it to have more impact on the recipient, try out including a short and sincere note with the gift label.
And that’s it! These are the easy steps that anyone can follow and take to heart if they want to create compelling gift labels that can go well with any kind of gift.
Gift labels may be classified according to the occasion they are created for. Listed below are a few examples of the different types of gift labels according to the event or purpose they are created for:
There is no standard size for gift labels since they tend to be resized according to the size of the gift. In this article, all the embedded gift label templates may be resized depending on the gift item you have in mind. For example, we have wine gift labels to hangover gift labels.
A gift label should include any of the following information: 1) greeting or message (may be personalized and handwritten or not), 2) occasion-relevant images or illustrations, and 3) name of the person/s the gift is intended for.
As we have mentioned earlier, gift label templates are pre-formatted digital files that contain all the design elements needed to create gift label. Purchasing and/or downloading a gift label template reduces time and effort associated with creating a gift label design from scratch. Multiple examples of these printable pre-made gift label templates are featured in this article.
The most common software tools used in creating gift label designs are Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign. While Microsoft Word and Publisher may still be used to create simpler gift tag or label designs.
In the grand scheme of things, gift labels are not a necessary addition to any kind of present. What is important is the intention and sincere feelings behind the gift-giving act. Sure, if you want to make a more favorable impression from the gifts you send out, you can always add a nice little gift tag. And when you do so, do not forget to use any of the free printable gift label templates and designs that you can download from our site.