10+ Address Label Templates
Sending a gift to a loved one who is living abroad or outside the country requires the services of delivery men in a courier service provider. And in order to be able to meet the sending standards of most States and countries, the parcel or the mail should have the required number of stamps, should meet the maximum weight limit for the item to be sent, and must be checked by the authorized parties of the courier service. Another important component to be considered by the sender is an address label to be placed onto the package of the parcel.
An address label is essential for informing the receiver of the parcel of where he can return the item or the mail, as well as send a response to the sender. Moreover, another address label can be added onto the parcel which will be for the detailed address of the recipient. As a result, the parcel will have two labels; one is of the sender’s while the other is of the recipient’s.
Elements of a Good Address Label Template
There can be a lot of address label templates throughout the web, however, when choosing or creating one, the following elements must always be present on it to make the address label an effective add-on to the mailed item or even in a simple envelope with a greeting card inside:
- Must state a complete address: Regardless if the address stated in the address label is of the sender or the recipient, it must be complete. The address should be able to include the street and building name of the resident, the floor number, unit or room number, country, ZIP number, and a P.O box number if applicable.
- Should have a clear font: Clarity is an important element of an address label template. To evaluate the clarity of the font, the letters or the words in the label template should not be too close to each other, must not be too tiny to be seen by the naked eye, and should not have too many decorations or lines which can interfere with the interpretation of the word.
- Size should be enough to be placed onto the parcel or item: Some parcels are small, some are large and bulky, which is why it is significant that the chosen address label template should suit the measurement of the item to be sent. To ensure that the template is perfect for the mail, checking the size first before choosing must be done.
10+ Address Label Templates
Business Address Label Sample Template
Family Address Label Sample
Graduation Address Label Sample
Holiday Address Label Sample Template
Monogram Address Label Design
Photo Address Label Sample
Round Address Label Template Example
Wedding Address Label Sample
Mermaid Address Label Sample
Party Address Label Template
Steps to Make a Great Address Label Template
Creating an address label template from scratch is an easy piece of cake to dig into especially if the one who creates has an eye for good design and is prepared with the right tools for his creation. To make an address label template that one can use over and over again for his mailing and delivery needs, the steps below must be followed:
1. Plan a measurement: Not only the width and height sizes of the address label design template must be finalized but also the image quality of it in pixels.
2. Add a placeholder for the address: The reason why a placeholder is incorporated into the template instead of stating the address immediately is so that the area will be edited whenever the address label will be needed. The placeholder can also have allotted lines for the basic address components ranging from the street name up to the room number and contact information of the resident.
3. Decorate the template and save: Adding the decorations around the address placeholder is recommended in order to avoid mixing the decors with the texts. Also, coordination should be kept in mind when choosing the font-styles and the rest of the template decorations. After the template is made, it must be saved onto the file storage which will then allow the creator to use the template whenever he needs it.
Simple Tips for an Excellent Address Label
Other than the aforementioned elements and steps to make an address label, there are also tips which can be taken note to ensure that the label template output will be eye-catching to the recipient of the mail or the parcel. Below are some tips to remember in order to create and send-out an excellently-designed address label:
- Gather the updated address details: Putting an erroneous address or simply the wrong room number into the address label can cause a significant amount of trouble to all parties involved; the sender, the recipient of the parcel or mail, and the courier delivery service provider. This is why checking the address prior to writing it into the address label is a beneficial move to take. If the address to be stated is of the recipient, then calling or asking the recipient about his full address should be done to have an assurance that the mail will be received by him.
- Determine what other pieces of information will be added onto the label: Information such as the name of the supplier of the item and marketing greetings or messages can also be included in the address label, especially if the contents of the parcel is the recipient’s product order.
- Choose the right type of print-out material to use: When choosing the material to use, factors to consider should be the ability of the material for its texts and designs to stay readable on severe weather conditions during delivery, as well as its professional impact to the overall package.
- Layout several templates in one document sheet: By putting not only one, but ten and more templates in one document sheet, space and the use of ink and paper will be maximized. This means, however, that a margin between each template should be utilized to ensure an ease in cutting out the templates once they are printed.
Types of Address Label Templates
Stick on address label templates and envelope address label templates are the two known types of address label categories. A stick on address label template requires the user to print it out to a sticker paper or a dry peel paper in order for him to stick it on the parcel or mail. This template can also be printed into a regular paper yet must be attached with the use of an adhesive. On the other hand, an envelope address label template is directly printed out to the envelope where the letter of the sender will be placed inside.
Address Label Template Sizes
Address label template sizes range from an inch to three inches. The most common size used for postcards is the size 1″ x 3″ since this is enough to fit in a basic envelope or card. With this size, the user can incorporate more details such as the phone number of either the sender or the recipient, and the name of the courier provider.
Moreover, a size “2” x 1″ is applicable to be used if the only information to be stated in the address label template is the return address of the sender and no other details.
Address Label Template FAQ’s
How Can Address Label Templates Be Used?
There are two ways to use an address label template. The first one is to print and fill, while the other is to fill and print. Specifically, the “print and fill” method is the easy option to take especially if in a hurry to use a single address label for a delivery item. This method requires the user to simply print the template and fill it out with the address details by writing on the printed template.
The other method, which is the “fill and print” will require the user to first enter the address details on the template by typing on a desktop then printing it out. The advantage of this method is that it will allow the user to create duplicates of the pre-filled templates rather than writing over again on the printed blank templates.
Can I Use Address Label Templates for Other Items Aside From Mails and Parcels?
Yes, address label templates can be used for other items even if that item will not be sent to another person. For instance, an address label can be placed on a notebook or in a music journal book of a student to have an assurance that whoever can pick up the book will be able to know where he can return it since there is a return address stated on the label. Address label templates can also be used along with other materials which are used for identification such as luggage name tags which are attached or tied onto passengers’ luggage to help in avoiding ownership confusion.
To sum up, address label templates are important for any person whether a mailman, a delivery courier service provider, a gift giver, the receiver of the gift, or just a mere individual who wants to have an assurance that his properties will have a return address on it to avoid losing his property completely. Nevertheless, one must remember to always update the address which is used in the label from time to time especially if he or she has moved on to another residential location.