7+ Calendar Templates in PSD
Year in and year out, you do nothing but receive calendars. Friends, acquaintances, even your competitors are giving out calendars—desk calendars, wall calendar, even pocket calendars. Enough is enough. If everyone else is doing this type of marketing, it’s time to bite the bullet and join the fray. Besides, how hard can it be to design and create your own design of calendar?
Turns out, it’s not too hard. In this day and age, information can be gathered with a drop of the hat. We have this thing called the internet. So what is the best way to create your own calendar? Use a Calendar template! Let us discuss the highlights you get by using a calendar template in the creation of our very own calendar!
Elements of a Good Calendar Template
The first thing you need to consider is what are the elements of a good calendar. What are the key elements that will make your calendar stand out in the sea of calendars out there?
1. Simplicity: Believe it or not, it is often the most simple of designs that stand out the most. You want your calendar to be eye-catching, but in the simplest way. Choose two or three color schemes and stick to a few but necessary images. Overcrowding a page takes away from the overall effect that you want. Calendars should always blend with their surroundings. Remember, less is more. Even creative agencies like to keep things simple and direct to the point.
2. Marketing: Remember, the reason you are giving out these calendars is to market your company and yourself. The company logo should be present in all pages, but I a discreet way. Your clients and friends want to see the dates, not just an overwhelmingly large company logo on every page. Take this opportunity to advertise your products and services as well.
3. Ease of Use: People do not want to be encumbered by menial tasks. Make sure that your calendar is not overly complicated. Creativity is fine, but if it starts to create restrictions, your clients may not want to have your calendar around. You should keep this in mind when choosing your calendar template.
4. Detailed: Paying attention to the small detail is key. Everything from the color schemes, to the product placement, must be perfect. There is not a lot of space, and you need to make sure to use every bit of it as possible.
5. Informative: You are advertising your business after all. You should provide a brief, but informative, description of your company. Having a line or two for the products or service that you provide. Having links to your company URL and business numbers is a great addition too. If you have it, placing your social media accounts would put you in touch with the younger generation.
6. Targeted: Know your target market. By knowing what your clients want or need, you know what kind of product or service to highlight in your calendar. By knowing what your customers buy or what services they avail more often, you can highlight those, or even show them you have more to offer.
7+ Calendar Templates in PSD
SEO Calendar Template
Available File Formats
Creative Agency Desk Calendar Template
Law Firm Desk Calendar Template
Advertising Desk Calendar Template
2019 PSD Calendar Template
2019 Poster-Calendar Template
Desk Calendar Template
Steps to Make a Great Calendar
Now you know the elements that comprise a good calendar. Assuming at this point you have already chosen a template to follow, here are a few quick and easy steps in making your own calendar. Remember that this is a way to advertise your products and services!
1. Make sure it is for next year: Funny as this sounds, first-timers typically make a calendar for the current year. It is a common mistake. Some people usually realize this a little too late.
2. Choose the template: As mentioned earlier, everything you need is at the tip of your fingertips. Choose a template to use. Do not worry too much about the appearance because you will be able to freely edit the calendar. The calendar template is just that, a template. A guide you can use to simplify the entire process.
3. Gather the Information: Now that you have the template, you need to pick the information that you are going to place on your calendar. Have a summarized version of your company description. Pick out keywords you want your customers to associate you with. If you are going to add products and services, do not be afraid to go to professionals to help you. You can get help from big companies to search engine optimizers for maximum search value.
4. Layout: Carefully layout the sequence of your calendar. Make sure to line up your products and services to the right season. You would not want your customers to be looking at a summer product during winter now, would you?
5. Test Print: Before sending out your calendar for mass production, make sure to have a few test prints to check the quality, and to see if it is to your liking. There are sometimes that the material used changes the way certain colors show. A matted paper may give it a duller look. A glossy paper might make it shine a little brighter. And sometimes, the ink just doesn’t give you the same colors you see on your computer screen.
Types of Calendar Template
Calendars come in many different shapes and sizes. Each of these types can help showcase more of your products and services over others. Like how law firms use desk calendars over wall calendars. Here are the common kinds of calendar templates.
1. Table or Desk Calendars: Commonly used in offices by individuals. This type of calendar is useful to people work in cubicles. This is also perfect for advertising multiple products and services. The owner will be flipping monthly and you have twelve months to use for marketing.
2. Wall Calendar: Mainly used for homes or lobbies. Perfect to endorse your company and give clients old and new an overview of what product or service you provide. Also, a way to provide big time advertisement.
3. Pocket Calendar: Usually a small calendar made to fit in wallets. This is usually used for event promotions.