5+ Calendar Templates in Publisher
Looking for the perfect marketing tool to help your clients, friends, and acquaintances remember you, your business, and your products and services? Looking for a way to conveniently be remembered when they need your services? Like if they need legal advice or counsel if you work in or own your own law firm?
Try giving out calendars. Believe it or not, calendars are a subtle and effective marketing tool. It sits on the desk or hangs on the wall, twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week. Whenever there is an upcoming event, people can’t help but look for a calendar. If this doesn’t sound like marketing, I don’t know what is!
I know, you are probably thinking, “Making my own calendar seems hard!” Well, no need to worry. In this day and age, information can be gathered almost instantaneously. We have the most powerful data gathering tool in the world at the tip of our fingertips. And I mean this literally. The internet is such a convenient resource. So let me answer the worried voice in your head. No, it is not too hard. The easiest way to make your own calendar is to find calendar templates.
Calendar templates are easy and convenient to use. Looking for the right calendar template, now that is a little bit more challenging. Let us look at the elements that make a good calendar template. The information you get, combined with a little bit of luck, should give you all the results you desire.
Elements of a Good Calendar Templates
Let us talk about the elements of what makes a good calendar template. Knowing these elements will spell the difference between an exceptionality and mediocrity.
1. The Simplicity of Design: As said by Leonardo Da Vinci, “Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication”. Make sure that when choosing your calendar template, you choose a calendar template that is both simple and efficient to use.
2. Noticeable: Taking what was mentioned above into account, make sure your design is noticeable. As contradictory as this sounds, make sure that your calendar template both catches the attention and blends into the surroundings it is placed in. Let me explain. First, the eye-catching part. You want your clients to see the calendar when they need it. Make sure that it stands out enough to be noticed, but not so much that it encumbers your clients. Now, why does it have to blend in if you want it to stand out? A lot of people like to adhere to a degree of orderliness. If your design stands out like a sore thumb, your clients may not want to use it.
3. Easy to Use: No one likes to be surrounded by menial tasks. Showing your creativity is a good thing, but if it puts a hamper on your client’s productivity, they may bin your calendar altogether. Make sure when you are choosing the calendar template that you keep the user in mind. Do not give anything that you would not use yourself to anyone. Especially not to a valued client.
4. Advertising: Keep in mind that the reason you are looking for a calendar template is to be able to market your products and services. For example, if you work with or run a compy that specializes in search engine optimization, you want your clients to see and know the services you provide. Depending on the type of calendar you use, you can advertise as few or as many products and services you want.
5. Proper Spacing: Carefully pace out your calendar. Professionals like to note down events on their calendars. This allows them to keep track of meetings, events, or other important dates. Make sure that your calendar template provides enough space for your clients to add in the details they want and need.
6. Provides Information: Aside from the usual information a calendar provides, you want to provide your company details as well. Your calendar should be able to provide company details, product, and services provided, and contact details. If space provides, you should also provide your business URL, phone numbers, and even social media links. Never underestimate the power of social media. So many people are quick to go to social media for information.
7. The Relevance of Products and Services: Depending on your type of calendar, you can have as few as one page and as many as 14 pages. Choose the kinds of products and services that you place in the calendar and make sure it has high relevance to you and your company. You also want to make sure that the product or service correlates to the month it is placed under. You would not want your clients to be looking at Halloween products or services during spring break!
5+ Calendar Templates in Publisher
Advertising agency Desk Calendar Template
Creative Agency Desk Calendar Template
SEO Calendar Template
Available File Formats
Law Firm Desk Calendar Template
Desk Calendar Design 2019 Template
Steps to Make a Great Calendar Template
Congratulations on making it this far! At this point you have already chosen your calendar template and given the header, you are looking for the steps to make the calendar. Let us get to it then. Here are the quick and easy steps in making your own calendar templates.
1. Confirm that the template is for the next year: Yes, this is step one. As ridiculous as this step sounds, it is often the biggest mistake made. There really is no point in making and giving a calendar to anyone for the current year. Especially if a month or two has already gone by. By making sure that you are giving out calendars for the next year, you are ensuring that you will have twelve months of marketing at the very least.
2. Gather all of the Necessary Information: Space is limited. Make sure that all of the information is gathered ahead of time. This way you prevent crowding your calendar. Choosing what the customers see is part of your main goal. You want to advertise as many of your products and services as possible. Picking out keywords and summarizing product descriptions will allow you to make use of the limited space. Remember, less is more.
3. Make sure you Have Proper Arrangement: As stated earlier, you want to have the right product or service at the right time. Arrange your promotions, products, and servicer to correspond to the right month.
Types of Calendar Templates
There are three main types of calendar templates you can use. Each of them serves a specific purpose. If you work in a bank or law firm, for example, you would want a desk calendar. Here are the three main types of calendars.
1. Desk or Table Calendar: Placed on tables or desks. Ideal for seasonal promotions.
2. Wall Calendar: Found in homes and communal areas. Ideal for both company promotions and seasonal promotions.
3. Pocket Calendar: Typically used as a giveaway for company-wide events. Designed to fit into pockets and wallets.