It is clear as crystal how enormously the world has changed. One major change that is indeed vivid is advanced technology, and that includes advancement in multimedia. Multimedia uses a combination of various content forms such as text, audio, images, animations, video, and interactive content. It can be recorded and played, displayed, and can be accessed by information and content processing devices such as digital devices. During live performances, multimedia can also be used.
In relation to multimedia, we offer artistic multimedia icons that you can use for your designs. If you are into technology-inspired things, then this page is for you. There are different multimedia or social media icons for you to choose from on our page, and these are all downloadable. Below are templates you could use for your reference. Check them out.
61+ Designer Templates in Word, Excel, PSD, Google Docs, InDesign, Apple Pages, HTML5, WordPress, Publisher, Apple Numbers, Illustrator - START DOWNLOADING
Multimedia Folder Icons
Multimedia Player Icons
Multimedia Button Icons
Free 3D Multimedia Icons
Where Does the Term Multimedia Come From?
Singer and artist Bob Goldstein was the person who created the term multimedia to promote the July 1966 opening of his LightWorks at L’Oursin show at Southampton, Long Island. Also, American artist Dick Higgins, who discussed a new approach to art making, called it intermedia.
Two years later, in 1968, the term multimedia was re-appropriated to describe the work of a political consultant, David Sawyer, the husband of Iris Sawyer—one of Goldstein’s producers at L’Oursin.
What Is a Multimedia System?
When defining a multimedia system, the processes that allows the capability of multimedia data processing always come to mind. This is because this specific systems can actually manipulate applications, information and data that are directly related to multimedia. Through a multimedia system, multimedia information can be:
- Processed according to use
- Generated in a specific manner
- Rendered to fit the expected output of the end user
- Manipulated for accurate performance; and
- Stored for referencing and future usage
The usage of multimedia technology has been rampant nowadays due to the development of electronic and digital processes. Multimedia technology can be described as follows:
- It serves as a platform where applications that are computer-based can be presented and used.
- It is used to develop online graphics and digital content.
Increased levels of interactivity are made possible by incorporating multiple forms of media content. Online multimedia is rapidly becoming object-oriented and data-driven, activating applications with collaborative end-user innovation and personalization on multiple forms of content over time. Thus, multimedia invention created a huge impact, especially to today’s modern society.
Black and White Multimedia Icons
Retro Multimedia Icons Set
Web Multimedia Icons
Application of Multimedia in Different Settings
- Creative industries. Creative industries use multimedia for numerous reasons ranging from fine arts, entertainment, commercial art, to journalism, and media software services. A person who specializes multimedia design covers the spectrum throughout their career. Requesting for their skills such as technical, analytical, and creative.
- Entertainment and fine arts. In this area, multimedia is heavily and widely used. Especially to develop special effects in movies and animations (VFX, 3D animation, etc.). Multimedia games are also software programs available either as CD-ROMs or online. Some video games also use multimedia features.
- Journalism. Newspaper companies all over are trying to embrace the new phenomenon by implementing its practices in their work.
- For commercial use. Multimedia plays a very important role towards commercial artists and graphic designers. Through it, they can create exciting presentations that can grab and keep attention in advertising.
- Education. Multimedia can make learning more fun and interactive. Through the usage of multimedia, academic and learning institutions can already make use of computer-based or online training programs and courses.
- Engineering. Software engineers may use multimedia in computer simulations for anything from entertainment to training such as military or industrial training.
These are just some settings where multimedia is a great tool in making things more appealing with a touch of modernized components. Since people opt for something that is more realistic and stunning to look at, our icons are a great way to capture the norm’s attention.
Here, we have a unique set of icons that are perfect for this modern world that we lived in. These are templates—meaning, they could be downloaded and modified easily. With state-of-the-art designs, you will surely love them. Apart from these multimedia icons, we also offer distinct flat icons.