A Recommendation Letter is the kind of letter requested by an individual to a reference should it be needed by an entity for the completion of a person’s application. Writing a well-curated recommendation letter can help a lot in the application undertakings of a person especially if the letter highlights the strengths of the person to whom it is written for. More so, recommendation letters should not only focus on having a great content. It should also follow appropriate formatting that can relay details properly and in an organized and professional manner.
Recommendation letters can be used by students, job applicants and other people who would like to apply for a specific function, position or any involvement to a group or organization. If you want to have an effective recommendation letter, assure that you properly select the reference to whom you will request a recommendation letter from. You also need to be aware of the situation where you will use the recommendation letter. Lastly, you need to identify how the expertise and competencies of the reference who will write the specific letter for you related to the field where the recommendation letter will be used.
Recommendation Letter for Job in PDF
Recommendation Letter for Job from Employer
Format of Recommendation Letter for a Job
Request for Recommendation Letter for Job
Personal Recommendation Letter for a Job
Recommendation Letters in PDF Format
Academic Recommendation Letter Template
Scholarship Recommendation Letter Format
Business Recommendation Letter Format
Formal Recommendation Letter
Recommendation Letters for a Student
Recommendation Letter for a Student for a Scholarship
Recommendation Letter for a Student Volunteer
Recommendation Letter for a Student from a Professor
Recommendation Letters from an Employer
College Recommendation Letter from an Employer
Recommendation Letter Sample from an Employer
Recommendation Letter from an Employer for an Employee
Best Recommendation Letter from an Employer
Recommendation Letters for Scholarship
Sample Recommendation Letter for Scholarship from a Professor
Recommendation Letter for Scholarship from a Friend
Recommendation Letter for Scholarship from a Teacher
Components of a Recommendation Letter
A recommendation letter should include the following components to assure that it can help in the purpose where it will serve its functions:
- It should have a concise evaluation of the person may it be personally or professionally. Recommendation letters do not only talk about the aspects that are related to the functions that the individual will be tasked to do should they be considered or accepted by the entity. A recommendation letter can also talk about the character of the individual where their ability to adjust to situations and do the work functions properly can be seen.
- It should provide a clear information about the professional relation of the reference to the person who will use the recommendation letter. This will assure the entity who will review the recommendation letter that the reference knows the individual very well and that all the information provided in the recommendation letter are credible and backed up with real life events and instances.
- It needs to have all the needed information that will allow the selection committee to assure that the individual to whom the reference letter is for is truly qualified for the position. These details should be precise and detailed for it to be more appealing and straight forward in terms of highlighting the competencies of the individual.
- It should contain a summary that enumerates the entirety of the recommendation and why the individual should be considered by the entity where they are currently applying.
- It should list down the potentials of the individual that can be shown should they be given the chance to put them into practice if they will be considered to take a post in the group, business, or organization’s processes.
- It should give details of the applicant’s skills and abilities. It should also contain the individual’s consistence, persistence and dependability.
- More so, a recommendation letter should also include the motivations that an individual needs to have to work accordingly and the contributions of the person to the communities, events, or programs where they have been a part of.
Importance of Recommendation Letters
A recommendation letter is important for the following reasons:
- Specific processes require a recommendation letter for the entire transaction to be considered complete. This is very essential as recommendation letters are truly needed by entities to get more information about the individual who would like to be a part of the group’s activities.
- Recommendation letters give more reasons for employers to hire the individual to whom the recommendation letter is for. The positive notes in the recommendation letter, especially if it came from a professional whose expertise are aligned in the field where the entity belongs, can provide a lot of advantages to the applicant.
- Recommendation letters can be used in internal promotions which is a great way for a person to be at a better place in the work place. Recommendation letters used for internal promotion can provide information about the performance of the person to be promoted which can be based on company records and documented instances.
- Hiring managers look at recommendation letters during the interview and entire application process. This means that this document truly is a great addition to the resume that the applicant has passed.
- It validates all the information that the applicant has stated in past interviews and other documents presented during the entire application process.
- It talks about the past achievements of the individual and how these achievements have molded the individual to be the person that they are today.
- It can provide a promise of the possible performance of the individual should s/he be considered to be a part of the entity where they are applying for.
Though various recommendation letters differ from each other, it is still a fact that its use can provide a huge advantage to whoever will use it for application. For other samples of recommendation letters, you may browse through and download our templates of Friend Recommendation Letters and Personal Letter of Recommendation.
Recommendation Letters for a Friend
Scholarship Recommendation Letter for a Friend
Recommendation Letters for Graduate School
Recommendation Letter for Graduate School Admission
Recommendation Letter for Graduate School from Professor
Law School Recommendation Letter Templates
Law School Recommendation Letter from Employer
Law School Application Recommendation Letter
Short Letters of Recommendation
Short Letter of Recommendation for Employment
-Short Letter of Recommendation for Coworker
Characteristics of a Well Curated Recommendation Letter
You can tell that a recommendation letter is well-written and done tastefully if the following characteristics are present in the specific letter:
- It fully explains why the person who is writing the letter is qualified to recommend the person that needs the recommendation letter. The weight of the recommendation letter depends on the reference’s job qualification, professional experiences, and work capacity.
- It shows the confidence of the reference regarding the candidate’s application. This allows the business to trust the individual even more as they feel reassured that they will pick the appropriate candidate for the position.
- It is written to fit the brief of the position that the individual is applying for directly. The items are properly related to what the entity is looking for and the inclusions of the recommendation letter provides a striking impression regarding the positive impact that the individual can provide to the group or the business.
- It shows specific instances and examples that are not based on generalized facts. It lists down accurate documentation of the things that the applicant has done and how this items have helped the operations of the group or business where it transpired.
Kinds of Recommendation Letters
A few samples of recommendation letters include the following:
- Transfer recommendation letters are the recommendation letters that can be used for the following transactions:
- It can be a recommendation letter that provides reasons why an individual deserves to be transferred from one business department to another. It can provide the details regarding the competencies of the individual that are more related to a company department/division compared to the department where the employee is currently working for.
- It can be a recommendation letter that supports the transfer of the employee from one business branch to another location based on a variety of reasons and circumstances.
- Employment recommendation letters are used for specific purposes which includes the following:
- It can be a recommendation letter for an applicant who is applying for a specific position in a company.
- It can be used to provide support to the promotion of an individual and why they deserve to be employed to a higher position.
- It can also be used to provide details on the qualification of a person who would like to have a career shift so the employers will know that the applicant can properly do the job functions that he or she is not used to do. It can be based on the technical skills and the character of the individual which can be discussed in the recommendation letter where proofs can be included as well.
- Student recommendation letters can be any of the following:
- College recommendation letter provides information about a student applying for college admissions.
- Scholarship recommendation letters are used by scholarship grant applicants who would like to get assistance for their educational undertakings in exchange of the additional academic value that they can provide to the institution who can possibly give them a scholarship.
- Graduate school recommendation letters are used to recommend a student who would like to immerse him or herself in a more specified study after college. These studies are commonly focused on a specific field of expertise and needs researches and a more keen knowledge about the subject of the entire study subject.
There are still a lot of recommendation letters that you may use for other purposes. Aside from our samples and templates of recommendation letters, you may also be interested to browse through and download our samples of Letter Templates and Cover Letter Templates.
Generic Letter of Recommendation Format
Generic Letter of Recommendation for Student
Generic Letter of Recommendation for an Employee
Generic Letter of Recommendation for a Teacher
Personal Letter of Recommendation from a Friend
Personal Letter of Recommendation for a Friend for College
Faculty Recommendation Letter Templates
Nursing Faculty Recommendation Letter
Faculty Promotion Recommendation Letter
Faculty Job Recommendation Letter
Academic Recommendation Letter Example
College Recommendation Letter Example
Business Recommendation Letter Example
Suggestions in Creating a Recommendation Letter
A few suggestions that you may follow in creating a comprehensive recommendation letter are as follows:
- Assure that you will use an official format in creating the recommendation letter. A proper format can make the recommendation letter look more professional looking and appropriate for whatever undertaking the individual to whom the recommendation letter is for is immersing himself or herself in.
- Use a letterhead that contain the name and information of the reference. This provides a more corporate appeal which makes the entity who will review the reference letter to assure that the reference is a credible person in the field related to where the recommendation letter will be used.
- Assure that you will use paragraph spacing that is appropriate to showcase all the needed information appropriately.
- Create an ending or a conclusion that will invite the people who will look at the recommendation letter to contact the writer for any inquiries and/or further information that they would like to clarify or know. This can be done by including the reference’s job position, company, business mobile number, personal phone number and email.
- Start the recommendation letter with a positive note or an immediate statement of support. Do not state the obvious but also do not veer away from the fact that you need to impress the entity that will create the decision regarding the application of an individual.
- Focus more on the work performance or personal character of the individual in the recommendation letter. We have already covered why this is very important in this article.
Request a Recommendation Letter References
We have mentioned how important it is to select the proper and accurate reference that will write a recommendation letter for you. A few of the references that you may tap should you be needing a recommendation letter to be used for a specific function are as follows:
- If the recommendation letter that you want to have will be used for your application for a specific job position, you may select from any of these people to serve as your references:
- Your immediate head from the company where you have previously worked for
- Any of your department supervisors from your past jobs
- The managers that you have worked with and reported to
- Any high-ranking officials of your previous company
- The Human Resource Personnel of any of your previous work places
- The counselor of the companies where you have worked
- Your workmates
- Academic recommendation letters or the recommendation letters that will be used for any academic undertakings may be written by the following references:
- Any department or organization head
- Your class adviser
- Any of your professor especially on subjects related to the academic undertaking that you are currently focusing on
- Your thesis adviser
- The guidance counselor of your school
- Any of your school mentors
- If you want to prove your character to the institution where you are applying, you can ask the following people to serve as your references:
- Your community leader
- Your life mentor
- Your friends and/or relatives
- Officials of the location where you live
- Church ministers or pastors
Assure that the reference that you will select can truly help you in the process of your application by creating a well written recommendation letter. Other than our samples of recommendation letter in PDF templates, you may also want to download our templates of Simple Thank You Letters and Termination Letter Samples.