An engagement is a period where couples spend time together between the marriage proposal and the wedding day. There are activities held during this period, but they vary depending on the customs and traditions of the location where the couple live. Personal decisions and religious beliefs can also be factors contributing to possible changes made during the special engagement period. A party is usually hosted to celebrate this special moment with families, friends, and other people who are part of their lives.
Before we proceed to present our curated list of engagement announcement example cards, let us first know the different reasons why announcement cards are important tools in a couple’s engagement.
Engagement news are meant to be shared with the people you love, and what better way to inform them properly and professionally than by sending them personalized announcement cards? We have listed a few reasons why using announcement cards for your beautiful engagement is a must. The reasons are as follows:
1.They are informative. An announcement card is a great medium to carry out information for your ideal engagement. Although they are often compared to basic invitations, they still vary on the amount of information that they present. Announcement cards contain less information than invitations, and these are the following:
The details are minimal, but they are more than enough to give people the things that they need to remember for the grand engagement party.
2. They take a personal approach. It is easy to send information through social media or any online platform. All you have to do is prepare the content of the message, create a list of the recipients, and, with a single click, it is already sent to everyone. But, even with all the convenience and efficiency that technology provides, it still lacks the personal approach that people greatly appreciate. The designs for the announcement cards are personalized. They reflect the image that the couple wants to project for themselves. Although commonly made by just printing, some of them are even handmade. That is how you know that these cards are made with care and passion, and the guests will surely love and adore you more after knowing that.
3. They set the tone for the event and create anticipation. The design for the announcement cards indicates the kind of event that will be held. Once the guests receive the card, they will know the kind of event they are going to attend. And, since they already have an idea, they would then make preparations for the modern engagement, like what they are going to wear or bring as gifts for the couple, should they decide to do so. It creates immense anticipation and excitement that they could hardly wait for that certain day to come! You may also see beautiful invitation card designs
4. They are effective reminders. After receiving the announcement card, the recipients will mostly likely put it somewhere it is easily seen so they would be reminded of the upcoming scheduled event. Some of the places that the card can be placed are the memo board, refrigerator, pinboard, bedside table, or even the mirror in their room. There is no more need to set reminders on their phones as seeing the announcement card is already enough. You may also like handmade card designs
5. They evoke wonderful memories. After the event, some people keep the announcement card as a piece of memorabilia. There are those who like to put it in their scrapbook or add it to their collection of announcement cards, invitation designs, and other things that will remind them that they were part of such joyous moments. Keeping things like an announcement card will help you relive those moments, even if only through memories. You may also see sample card designs
Beaches are common venues for parties and events, most especially for engagements and weddings. If you want your special engagement party to have a beach theme, then this one is definitely for you! The picture of the beach is in portrait style, and it is creatively positioned in a way that the overall layout of the template is divided into two sides: the beach and the bay. The flowers and the leaves, which are commonly found in tropical countries, add to the total aesthetic of the theme. If there are details that you need to change, you can freely do so as this template is fully customizable.
Summer can be quite hot for an simple engagement party, but it does not mean that it is a bad season for it. The flowers resemble that of the summer season, with colors of orange, blue, and pink. Although the overall look is not that detailed, it still aptly gives off the vibe of summer. This template is measured at 4 inches by 6 inches and is styled in portrait orientation. The files included in this package are compatible with the most common software programs such as Adobe Illustrator, Adobe InDesign, Microsoft Word, Adobe Photoshop, and Microsoft Publisher. You may also like business card design
This template is perfect for those couples who are affiliated with the marines, or those who have great admiration and fascination for such things. The anchor on the header of the layout is a dead giveaway that this announcement card has a nautical theme. The leaves, which are placed on the upper and lower border, is aptly embedded in the design as they remind you of the trees that line up along the bay. The color for the border, the texts, and the designs all mesh up well together. Should you want to edit some details, you can do so as this template is customizable. You may also see unique business card designs
If you and your partner are into vintage design, then you definitely need to download this one. What makes this announcement card seem vintage is its background. It has a rustic look that resembles old films. The flowers and leaves surrounding the header matches well with the background by adding color to the overall aesthetic. But, if you want to change some of the colors and text, do so until you are satisfied with the results.
The template is sized at 4 inches by 6 inches and is in portrait orientation. The package includes high-quality photos and artworks, and the file for this template is compatible with applications such as Adobe Illustrator, Adobe InDesign, Microsoft Word, Adobe Photoshop, and Microsoft Publisher. You may also like modern card designs
What makes fall season a great time to have an engagement party is the visual that it gives. Imagine holding the event with surrounding trees, their dying leaves slowly falling one by one until they land gracefully on the ground. Now that would be a sight to behold! So, to complement the aesthetic of the venue, an announcement card with a fall basic theme is the perfect one to use. It is a simple design that uses leaves and branches carefully placed on the opposite corners of the layout.
This layout is sized at 4 inches by 6 inches in portrait orientation and is compatible with the most commonly used software programs such as Adobe Illustrator, Adobe InDesign, Microsoft Word, Adobe Photoshop, and Microsoft Publisher. You may also see free card designs
1. They are editable. The templates that we have provided are all in digital format, so expect that you can manipulate their designs. You can freely change any element that you want as the design templates are fully customizable. With a photo editing software program, you can put your personal touch on any of these templates and transform them into the design that you prefer the most. Make sure that the final design will reflect both your personality and character so people will easily recognize that the announcement cards are personally designed by you. You may also like creative business card designs
2. They are downloadable. The designs for the templates are made by graphic artists and are shared with the world so they can be downloaded and/or bought by those who might need some help in their designs. You can download similar templates from graphic-centric websites such as Best Templates, Creative Market, Graphicriver, Etsy, and Zazzle. Generally premium templates come with a price, but they are not always expensive. And, if you are on a tight budget, there are other sites that provide free templates that you can freely download.
3. The quality is top-notch. Premium templates are not only associated with being highly priced but also with having excellent quality. Since you are paying for these templates, expect that their quality is the standard or even more than that. There are templates that might go over your business budget, but they are priced that way for a reason.
4. They offer an array of impressive designs. Not all of us are creative, and even if some of us are, there will often come a time that we run out of ideas to use for the free designs. These templates are ready-to-use in case that moment comes. Or, if you insist on creating your own, you can use these basic templates as inspiration for your work. This way, it will be less stressful for you in choosing a design or creating one.
A simple garden is one of the most common venues to hold an special event, but it is also one of the most beautiful. The guests would not get bored looking at the flowers surrounding the area. You also would not need many decorations as the flowers are already enough. So, to match with the venue, having a garden theme for your announcement card is the obvious choice. The flowers, placed on the upper and lower border, are colored in purple and yellow, and they match well with the colors that of the texts and layout. It is a simple layout that only needs the touch of flowers to create a visually appealing graphic design.
The package for this template includes files that are compatible with Adobe Illustrator, Adobe InDesign, Microsoft Word, Adobe Photoshop, and Microsoft Publisher. It is styled in portrait orientation and measures 4 inches by 6 inches.
What makes this template elegant is the style of the border. The meticulous website design only occupies the four corners of the layout. But, even with just that, the vibe that it exudes is definitely that of elegance and class. Take this one as the website template for your announcement card and make your guests feel special. This template measures 5.25 inches by 7.25 inches and is styled in portrait orientation. The package includes files compatible with Adobe InDesign CS4 and CS5, and Microsoft Word versions 2007 to 2013.
If you want a colorful engagement card, then this template fits just right. The meticulously designed flowers lining up at the upper and lower border all have different colors that match well with each other. The fonts used for the texts also have different colors. Should you want to edit some details, you can do so as this template is fully customizable. This measures 5 inches by 7 inches and is in portrait general orientation. The package includes one Microsoft Word file format and one PSD file, and it goes without saying that these files are compatible with Microsoft Word (2007-2013) and Photoshop CS6.
There is no other business template on this list that is as neat is this one. One glance is all it takes for you to see it. But not only is this template neat, it also looks stylish because of the font style that is used for the headline. A minimalist approach for the announcement card is perfect if you want your engagement to be simple. This template measures 5 inches by 7 inches with a bleed of 0.25 inches. The package includes files that are compatible with Microsoft Word with a minimum version of 2007; Adobe Photoshop with a minimum version of CS3; and Adobe Illustrator with a minimum version of CS3. It also has a 300 DPI resolution which is the standard for most templates.
An engagement ceremony is an important period of a couple’s life as it is the time when they get to prepare themselves to enter into the beautiful life of being married. Celebrate it with the people close to your heart and those who have been part of your journey until now. Through these announcement greeting cards, you get to let them know that you want them to be there in your next chapter in life. We wish you all the best on your engagement and we hope for your marriage to be a long and happy one. Cheers!