10+ Logo Templates in Word
Logos are considered the beacon of power for any company. A logo is designed to be the very image of what the company wants the world to perceive them. It is created with utmost care, creativity and heart. Making one actually takes awfully extensive time and an abundance of effort compared to what is expected. To relieve a designer of the tedious process, help from logo templates might just be what is needed. There several ways to get a hold of them and in different formats too. But if one seeks the classic way, Microsoft Word has got it all.
Elements of a Good Logo
There are a few things that matter in creating a good logo. The following are listed with explanations of how one must consider it a necessity to remember:
1. Simplicity: A logo should not become too complicated for it to be easily recognizable and memorable. It must be unique but not too avant-garde. The thing about logos is that, the simpler it looks, the longer it took for the whole process of creating it to be done. In this day and age, simplicity is key.
2. Concept: When creating a logo, a good concept is essential. A logo concept should be backed up by research and creativity. These traits make the very soul of the logo. Without a good concept, the logo will be seen as bland and will not become the embodiment of power for the company.
3. Relevance: Any logo made should root from a company’s history, vision, and mission. It must relay the company’s message clearly. It must also be appropriate for the target customers. To be more specific, if a company’s target market is kids, the logo should bear more colors. If the supposed customers are all men, a dark theme set would suit it well.
4. Longevity: Logos should stand the test of time. After all, a lasting business is often a successful one. The striking appearances these logos hold will be inspiring to people who are connected to respective companies.
5. Versatility: A logo must be flexible enough to resize and still be recognizable in shades of black. It must also still function even though its colors are reversed. Logos are attached, posted, and printed in all sorts of materials used for promotions of a company. It is essential for them to fit in whichever color and material paired to it.
10+ Logo Templates
Law Firm Logo Template
Makeup Artist logo-Design Template
SEO Logo Template
Advertising Agency Logo Design
Wedding Planners Logo Template
Massage Logo Design Template
Advertising Consultant Logo-Design
Travel Agency Logo Template
Spa Logo Design
Ice Cream Logo Template
Steps to Make a Great Logo
Written below are the things needed to be done to make a great logo that would serve its purpose:
1. Research: It is important to know the field/industry the company belongs in. This will provide perspective on what creative angle should be taken. This process will also allow the application of thoughts or ideas from a company’s desired outcome.
2. Make a decent amount of sketches: Two to three sketches can be an ideal number. These give just enough choices and creates room for only a few revisions. There will be less complications for future processes.
3. Create revisions: Once done with the sketches, evaluate what changes must be done to the previous designs. This is when other views can be considered alongside the original.
4. Finalize: This is when a logo’s final design is decided. The decision will be drawn from a fewer choices and a confirmation on which ones are usable for a certain company.
Types of Logo
- Wordmark: The other term for this is called logotype. This logotype is dependent on the usage of texts and typographic treatments to convey the company’s brand name.
- Lettermark: These are also called monogram. Just like wordmarks, this type of logo use brand names but the difference is its use of initials rather than a full name.
- Brandmark: This is a type of logo that has an abstract touch. The logo contains smart choices on graphics and the creative arrangements that wound all of these together.
- Iconic: These are known as combination logos. These use text and graphics and mesh them into one creative design for a logo.
Logo Template Sizes
- 110 pixels to 1200 pixels – Instagram
- 165 pixels to 1102 pixels – Pinterest
- 170 pixels to 1200 pixels – Facebook
- 250 pixels to 100 pixels – browser
- 400 pixels to 1500 pixels – Twitter
- 500 pixels to 1024 pixels – Pix print
- 800 pixels to 2560 pixels – YouTube
What is the main function of a logo?
The logo not only showcases the company name but also acts as the visual representation of the company. It serves as an inspiration to people connected to the company. It is essential to the company’s branding. Determining its effectiveness in representing the company as a whole is dependent on the longest time possible it will remain known and used within the company.
How long does it take to create a logo?
There really is no definite time-frame in creating a logo. At times, designers get to make a logo in a span of two hours. Others who are meticulous in executing the process might take a week. It all depends on the abilities of designers and the specific conditions underlying within the whole span of time in designing the logo.
What is the difference between a logo and an emblem?
A logo actually shares the same function as an emblem. The only difference is that the latter is the obsolete term for the formerly mentioned and it had only been attached to a physical object.