The trend of vintage logo designs has been going strong for the past few years now, and it appears that the trend isn’t going to be disappearing anytime soon. People, even in the modern era, are still drawn to the unique style that vintage designs have. The vintage trend has proven quite a response from people by gaining appreciation to its lasting and one-of-a-kind designs. Vintage images give people the feeling of powerful and high-quality designs with complex but with detailed features.
Overall, making things seem dated makes people feel like they are being transported to happy moments in the past. Vintage celebrates history, some wonderful designs in the past. Here on Template.net, not only do we offer vintage logos but Beautiful Studio Logos at that. Feel free to peruse, use, and reproduce what we have to offer.
11+ Logo Templates in Word | PSD | InDesign | Apple Pages | Publisher | Illustrator - START DOWNLOADING
Fashion Designer Logo Design Template
Vintage Bakery Logo Designs
Bakery Shop Logo
Bakery House Logo
Bakery Logo in Vector
Vintage Company Logo Designs
Vintage Airline Company Logo
Construction Company Logo
Magazine Company Card Logo
Vintage Flower Logo Designs
Flower Boutique Logo Design
Flower Circle Logo Design
Flower Petal Logo Design
Vintage Photography Logo Designs
Photography Camera Logo
Photography Group Logo Badge Design
Professional Photography Logo
Vintage Restaurant Logo Designs
Restaurant Bar Logo
Restaurant Fast Food Logo
Restaurant Menu Logo Designs
How Do You Define Vintage?
Vintage has many definitions, one of which defines vintage as something that is already too old to be considered modern but not old enough to be considered antique. It is often used to describe something that was developed between the late 1900s and early 2000s and has been an adjective used for marketing to increase the probable value of an item as well as increase its profitability when it gets sold.
Three-Way Battle: Antique versus Vintage versus Retro
The words antique, vintage, and retro have their own different meanings, yet people often use them interchangeably. Continue reading on to know the differences between the three and how to use each word correctly.
It is something that is really old, musty, dusty, and moldy. It is considered as a “relic or object from the ancient times” or a “piece of art or furniture, or a decorative object made at an earlier period.” Anything can become an antique if it survives long enough. An antique usually shows some degree of craftsmanship or a certain level of attention to the design. According to custom laws, an antique is something that is at least 100 years old. Meaning, anything that is a hundred years old and older are considered to be antique.
- Taken from the French word vendage—meaning, “the grapes picked during the season.”
- Refers to a “period of origin or manufacture”; or a “length of existence.”
If antiques are those that are a hundred years old or older, then vintage is something that usually represents an era in which it was produced. Vintage defines a style which will never be unfashionable. It can mean an object is of a certain period of time, but it can also mean that the object displays the best qualities associated with a particular era. For an object to become vintage, it should somehow represent or be recognized as something that belongs to the era in which it was developed.
It could mean something that is basically outdated and out of style, or it could be quite new but has already been used many times already. Retro relates to or revives the styles of the past—in fashion, technology, and the way of life, in general. Retro items may not be old, but it actually references styles of the recent past. It can also mean something that is not as old as vintage items but is old enough to be more than “last season’s style.”
How to Make Your Designs Appear Vintage
Vintage designs have three prominent design characteristics: the color, effects, and the typography. Graphic designers take advantage of these three to create vintage images.
Vintage images are often desaturated. A vintage color palette usually includes a lot of beige and cream colors with a few brighter shades. Common color options include dark and bright blues, greens, teals, and peach tones.
To make a vintage color palette, start with a neutral base color and another color to be used as the primary shade. Then to achieve a vintage effect, simply desaturate your primary color and add white to the color mix (but you can choose to add instead if you prefer a darker theme).
Vintage textures lack smoothness. Instead, they usually have a more rigid look, such as that on a sandy paper or a chalkboard. Often, vintage textures will include some speckling in the background, faded or rough patches, and an asymmetrical look for the texture. These should appear randomized and often as a natural “worn” effect on a surface.
Another option when making vintage textures is to use a detailed repetitive pattern, which can result in a more Victorian-style feel. A tip here is to pay close attention to the details so that the texture looks natural and genuine.
Vintage font type is designed to appear like letters that were created during the time before computers ever existed, when letters were pressed out using wood or metal. Often, vintage styles include scripts and serifs with long tails and complex curves.
Vintage typography is bold, and you may also add some dark shadows or even embossing it for an additional sense of impact and boldness. The letters should also look like they are blended in and part of the canvas, rather than a separate layer on top of the entire image.
For more logos, check out our collection of Clothing Logos, Rocket Logos, and Recycling Logos.
Vintage Wedding Logo Designs
Wedding Invitation Logo
Wedding Planner Business Card Logo
Wedding Anniversary Logo
Vintage Vector Logo Designs
Building Contruction Vector Logo
Vector Design Studio Logo
Globe Vector Logo
Vintage Crown Logo Designs
Royal Crown Logo
Crown Castle Logo
Crown Fashion Designer Logo
Vintage Travel Logo Designs
Travel and Tour Logos
Travel Agency Logo
Travel Bag Logo
Vintage Car Logo Designs
Military Car Brand Logo
Car Garage Logo
Car Manufacturers Logo
What Is a Logo?
A logo is a recognizable and distinctive graphic mark, emblem, or symbol that conveys origin, identity, and ownership. The main purpose of logos is to promote the organization to gain the public’s recognition. The object of a logo is to serve as a mnemonic tool and identifier and to generate a desired emotional response.
A well-designed logo can provoke the public’s thoughts, which can help strengthen the brand image and the corporate identity, which in turn can help give the organization a psychological advantage over the competition. The logo is the core of your identity, defining and symbolizing the nature of your organization.
Logos may come in the form of graphic emblems, symbols, icons, and those that are composed of the organization’s name. These are usually affixed, incorporated, or printed on all the business’s advertising, structures, communications, literature, products, stationery, letterheads, and even company vehicles.
What Are the Types of Logos?
Read on to distinguish the many types of logos you see every day.
Icons and symbols are convincing but straightforward pictures that are meaningful to a particular organization or product. They use symbolism that conveys a literal or abstract portrayal of your organization. Symbols are less direct than straight text, leaving enough space for extensive understanding of what the organization represents.
A logotype, usually referred to in the design industry as wordmark, incorporates your organization or brand name into a exceptionally styled font types. These fonts come in so many variations, shapes, sizes, and styles, with each conveying a slightly different impression upon your target audience.
Fonts can also include hand-drawn letters, characters, or images that have been rendered in such a way as to gain the interest. Images can likewise be integrated into a logotype, often to awesome visual effect.
Combination marks are images with both text and a symbol that signifies the brand image that you wish to project for your organization. Compact text can supplement an icon or symbol, giving supplemental clarity as to the nature of your business.
What Are the Advantages of Having a Good Logo Design?
- Having a logo will make your business look bigger and established. Business cards printed with clip art will only make you look unprofessional, which can only cause your clients to turn away.
- A logo can help attract more clients. A few clients look for a well-defined company, which might be one of their criteria for deciding what to purchase.
- A logo and professionally-done marketing tools printed on high-quality materials show that you are focused on both your business and to your customers.
- Having a logo will give clients a sense of stability, which can go a long way towards building trust.
- A logo can make your company become more memorable, which can make you more inclined to be at the forefront of potential customers’ minds when they need your products or services.
- If your organization’s name contains a little-known word or an acronym, the logo can help in giving visual clues to its significance.
- A well-designed logo can have numerous subtle implications and can demonstrate to clients how you do business, including the exceptional practices that make you stand out from the others in the industry.
- A professionally done logo and an identity system can put you far ahead of the competition, particularly when combined with a solid marketing program.
- In some industries, a logo is simply anticipated. But in the innovative administrations industry, having a logo is an industry standard.
For even more templates, also check out our collection of Farm Logos, Cleaning Logos, and Soccer Logo Designs.
Vintage Farm Logo Designs
Fish Farm Logo Design
Fresh Farm Logo
Organic Farm Logo
Vintage Music Logo Designs
Music Band Logo
Music Man Logo
Music Academy Logo
Vintage College Logo Designs
College Sports Logo
College Knight Fight Club Logo
Vintage Logo Template
Vintage Business Logo Designs
Business Education Logo
Business Firm Logo
Vintage Superman Logo Designs
Superman Golf Logo
Super Hero Logo
Do’s and Don’ts When Designing a Logo
- Do your first designs in black and white. The right color can make any logo stand out, but it’s also very important to know how that same logo looks in black and white. Simply try printing a copy of your logo in black and white and see what it looks like. If the logo appears distorted or illegible, then your logo needs to be redesigned.
- Do separate the images from the text. You may think a logo is a combination of an icon and a text into a single entity, but if you can separate the icon from the text, it actually makes your logo better and more versatile.
- Do avoid unnecessary words. Incorporating too many words doesn’t work in the marketing industry and it doesn’t work in logo designs either. Logos actually work in because they’re simple. To make a memorable and shareable logo, you need to rearrange everything. Separate the company name from the symbol, choose less words and focus on the logo itself.
- Don’t add too many colors. Color is a good thing, of course, but when it comes to logo design, it’s best to keep it limited. Strive for simplicity and keep your logo design to two or three colors only. To ensure your design isn’t too cluttered, take the image and shrink it on your computer. If the image turns up blurry in this image, then it’s better to get rid of some colors.
- Don’t pick the wrong font. If you are attracted to a font type simply because it looks awesome on the screen in front of you, test how it really looks like by looking at it in different scenarios. Glance at it in from a distance or see how it appears when merged with the other fonts that your brand uses in printed materials or on your website. If your newly selected font type looks good in all of those settings, then it just may be the font for you. Just don’t forget not to use too many font types for a single logo, a maximum of two is the recommended number of font types to be used.
Why Download Our Logo Templates?
These templates were selected from among the best ones all over the internet and were designed by imaginative and skillful graphic artists worldwide. You may be able to download these templates easily for a very reasonable price, and you can choose to save it in either PSD, AI, or EPS, depending on which format works for you. These templates are compatible with most raster graphics editors and are fully editable to give you with the freedom to make the necessary customization according to your preferences.
Downloading Our Logo Templates
Search for the template that you wish to use (for easier navigation, click on the magnifying glass icon found on the upper right-hand corner of the page and type the title or part of the template’s title). Download your chosen template by clicking on the green Download button below the thumbnail and save it on your computer’s directory (always remember where you saved your downloaded file). Open the template file on a photo editing software and make your modifications and personal touches. Once you’re done editing it, save the finished product back to your computer and your logo is now ready for publishing.
Before you leave, don’t forget to check out our collection of Real Estate Logos, Heart Logos, and Panda Logos.