Fashion icons are mini pieces of vector/graphic art that are usually used as a stand in for promoting or advertising a line of products related to fashion icons. They are vibrant, creative, and trendy. It’s considered a fresh approach to outline most products with icons to give a rough concept of the particular product you are selling without being too informative.
They come in pixelated form and do not take much room to showcase on a website. They are great for designers to showcase their collections by listing them under said artwork. You can see also Star icons.
> Shapes and Varieties of Designs they Come in
Fashion icons come in various forms to display a variety of products. We will provide you with a list of some of the most popularly used Fashion icons. You can see also emotion Icons.
- Skirts and Tops
- Lipstick/Makeup/Hair Accessories
- Gift Boxes
Fashion Jewelry Icon Set Download
Amazing Fashion Icons & Badge Download
Colorful Flat Fashion Icons Download
275+ Simple Fashion Icons Set Download
600 Clothes & Fashion Icons Set Download
50 Beautiful Fashion Line Icons Set Download
50 Clothes & Fashion Icon Design Set Download
125+ Flat Fashion Clothes Icons Set Download
Mens Fashion Clothing Icons Set Download
Mens Fashion Hairstyle Icons Download
Sunglasses Fashion Flat Icons Set Download
16 Fashion Icon Set Collection Download
125+ Amazing Fashion Vector Icons Set Download
Creative Set of Fashion Icons Download
Vector illustration Fashion Icons Download
Fashion Vector Icons Set Download
32 Beautiful Fashion Icon Set Download
Awesome Fashion Icon Set Download
Downloadable Woman Fashion Clothing Icons Set
Men Clothing Fashion Item Set Download
Fashion Clothes Design Icons Set Download
Amazing Fashion Icons Set Download
50 Fashion Line Icons Set Download
Modern Fashion Icons Design Download
Unique Fashion Icons Download
Lady Fashion Icon Design Download
Beautiful Fasion Icon Set for Website Download
Lovely Fashion Icon Set Download
Fashion PSD Icons Set Download
> Uses for them in Popular Forms of Business
- Boutiques – Most boutiques have fashion icons listed in their catalogs to help customers browse products such as Dresses, Wedding gowns, Jewelry. They give an aesthetic touch to market products
- Fashion Designers – Use these icons to list them under their sites to give it a more glamorous and trendy platform for potential clients to choose from. They also serve has a quick access link to the products being searched for. You can see also Book icons.
- Retailers – Online retailers also use fashion icons for optimization purposes and creating a hip interface. Instead of uploading heavy images and cluttering their site, it’s far easier to just show a silhouette list to make the customer’s experience user-friendly.
- Applications – You can find them quite commonly listed on design applications to ensure that the user has a nice well-listed interface to showcase on small screens such as mobile phones, tablets.
> Steps to Create Your Very Own Fashion Icons
Before we create any design, it is important to choose the right software to create your artwork. Some of the following software are popularly used by designers. Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator, GIMP, Inkscape, Iconmaker, etc. Let us try to help you understand the basic steps it takes to design an icon
- Decide on using a real photo to convert to art form or sketching one
- Use an Image editing software to make necessary changes like effect filtering, silhouette effects, color effects, pixel size, etc.
- Use the shape builder tool to further enhance and sharpen the edges
- Resize icon and save image
- You are now the proud owner of your very own icon
> Tips/Rules to Follow While Using any Icons
As with all artworks, it’s important to understand that all fashion icons available online are not free and hence require licensing to use. It is important to contact the rightful owner who spent hours designing and creating a unique look for these icons.
After acquiring the rights or designing your own icons, you can then proceed to use them as per your convenience but it is necessary to brand the right icons under the right products or you could be generalizing a whole category into one icon which is not what customers look for.
by Phoebe Tonkin