Formal parties are as fun as any party with booze, music, and food. The only difference is the kind of drinks, entertainment, and meals there is in a rather traditional and ceremonial event. But the most notable contrast of a formal event from other types of gathering is the dress code. Often called as a black-tie event, one can easily reckon that the attendees are required to wear tuxedos and dressy outfits.
From an evening wedding to prom nights or a corporate gala to charity fundraisers, planning a formal party is actually more meticulous than planning a regular one. First of all, an invitation is required for guests to attend rather than being optional in any other event. We have compiled some Invitation Templates for formal parties on this page for you to use.
99+ Party Invitation Templates in Word | PSD | Google Docs | InDesign | Apple Pages | Publisher | Illustrator - START DOWNLOADING
Customized Formal Invitation
Anniversary Party Invitation
Classy Wedding Invitations
Elegant Formal Wedding Invitation
Lavish Floral Wedding Invitation Card
Red & White Theme Wedding Invitation Card
Formal Party Invitation Template
Surprise Party Invitation Template
Office Party Invitation Template
Slumber Party Invitation Template
Dance Party Invitation Template
Housewarming Party Invitation Template
Pool Party Invitation Template
Free Surprise Party Invitation Template
Formal Dinner Party Invitation
Formal Birthday Party Invitation
Formal Tea Party Invitation
Formal Engagement Party Invitation
Formal Cocktail Party Invitation
The Difference of a Formal Event to an Informal One
Whether you prefer a formal or informal event theme, here are some considerations you need to make in planning the occasion.
- Guest list. Only invited individuals are expected to attend such events. Formal parties usually cost a lot more than informal ones as it usually requires a venue and catering. Therefore, the number of guests is predetermined to avoid overspending and getting short on the budget.
- Timing. Although both formal and informal events can be scheduled on any time of the day the host wishes, most formal events happen during the evening as the atmosphere is much cooler and people don’t have to worry about messing up their long gowns and three-piece suits.
- Dress code. The most perceptible difference of a formal event is the dress code. People are dressed in formal wear to follow a specific official event protocol. You can add another element on a formal dress code, though, such as a color.
- Entertainment. The kind of music being played in a formal event should correspond to the desired ambient of the occasion. Formal events should have soft music played in the background such as jazz and ballroom rather than music that sets the mood for raving.
- Location. Most formal parties are held indoors such as hotel conference halls or an upscale ballroom with chandeliers and waiters to serve food.
It is important to get to know these differences so that the right elements are used in a Formal Invitation Template, while anything can go to a Party Invitation Template.
Formal Surprise Party Invitation
Formal Farewell Party Invitation
Formal Graduation Party Invitation
Formal Holiday Party Invitation
The Formal Dress Code
Formal events also vary in the level of their formality as well as the levels of formal attire appropriate for each one.
- White tie. This is the most formal dress code. Men wear tuxedos featuring a black jacket with tails and a white bow tie, while women wear floor-length evening gowns that are usually in dark colors.
- Black tie. In contrast to white tie, this event calls for men to wear black tuxedos with a black bow tie. Whereas, women can opt for dressy cocktail dresses and classic floor-length evening gowns.
- Black tie optional. Just a notch below black tie, men can wear black tuxedos without the tie or dark suits with ties or button-down shirts. On the other hand, women can go for knee-length cocktail dresses or the classic little black dress.
Do not forget to download our Formal Event Invitation to jump-start your formal event planning and have your guest look forward to the party.