The smell of grilled meat, the outdoors, and the quality time that you get to spend with friends and family, barbecue parties are indeed enjoyable and memorable. The best thing about barbecue parties is that they are relatively easy to pull off, you actually don’t need to plan them out very thoroughly.
While there are some barbecue parties that are thrown spontaneously, we still recommend some level of planning to it; and when you’re planning for an event, you will need to use invitations. Below are some barbecue party invitation templates that you may use to invite your guests, feel free to check them out.
Elements of an Awesome BBQ Party Invitation
As casual or simple as barbecue parties can get, it still wouldn’t harm if you try to go a little extra mile to ensure that its content remains relevant and informative. This way, there’ll be a good chance that you’re guests hold on to their copy of the invitation as a keepsake. Below is a list of some elements that should be seen on your invitation.
1. Name of the person throwing the barbecue party: This person is otherwise known as the party host, and they are the ones responsible for putting together the party. This may be only one or more than one person, but regardless of how many they are, it is always best to have them acknowledged on their party’s invitation card.
2. Title of the party: Your invitation card may refer to your party simply as a barbecue party, or you may also call it differently. This element serves to inform readers what kind of gathering they are being invited to, while also keeping your invitation card catchy and interesting.
3. Schedule of the barbecue party: The main purpose of invitations is to formally inform the reader that they are being invited to a gathering, but it should also inform them when that gathering will take place. When writing the schedule, make sure to include everything from the year, month, day, and the time.
4. Location of the barbecue party: Another very important information that should be found on your party invitation is the location where the party is going to be held. Almost always, barbecue parties are held at the party host’s own home, and you should mention that on the invitation along with their street address.
5. A short list of the possible dishes that will be served: Adding this list to your invitation is actually optional, you might not even find this in other invitation types but it can help entice the readers to come to your party. You don’t necessarily have to be detailed with this, just mention some of the dishes (and drinks, maybe) that will be served during the party.
6. Contact person and their phone number: Your invitation card has to have a contact person that readers can reach out to when needed, and this person may or may not even be the party host. And of course, you should also indicate that person’s phone number, how else can they be contacted if you fail to include it?
7. An RSVP: An RSVP is actually optional in casual or informal gatherings, but they can help the party host to easily determine the confirmed number of guests. With this, they can easily make adjustments on how much food to prepare, and how many seats and tables to set up.
10+ BBQ Party Invitation Templates
Indeed, this article has some of the internet’s most awesome barbecue party invitation templates, and we took the liberty of gathering them up for you. These templates come from multiple very reliable websites, which means that you’ll be seeing only the best ones that you can download and use for your barbecue party.
Modern BBQ Summer Festival Invitation
Awesome Rustic BBQ Party Invitation
Minimalist Holiday BBQ Party Invitation
Rehearsal Barbecue Party Invitation Template
Barbecue Birthday Celebration Invitation Sample
BBQ Engagement Party Invitation Example
BBQ Housewarming Party Invitation Format
Summer BBQ Party Invitation Layout
Minimal BBQ Birthday Party Invitation
Flat Barbecue Party Invitation Design
How to Create an Awesome BBQ Party Invitation
Since we can’t always expect people to know how to use any of our templates right off the bat, here is a step-by-step guide on how you can. In addition to that, the list below can also serve as your guide to simplify the entire process and to ensure that everything is done in an organized manner.
1. Write a draft of the content: An invitation’s content includes the date and time of the party, the address of the venue, and the statement that informs the readers regarding the party. Writing a draft as your first step can help you determine what’s relevant, and if your content would all fit inside the card stock.
2. Download a barbecue party invitation template: After preparing a draft of the content, you can then start choosing from any of the invitation templates above and download it. Using a template can help save you a lot of time since they already come with design, all you need to do is to edit the design and add the content.
3. Edit the design of the downloaded template: Right after downloading a template of your choice, you can immediately find out that the design that comes with it is fully editable. Here, simply rearrange the existing elements on the layout, or you may even choose to either add more or remove irrelevant elements.
4. Add the finalized content: By now, you have probably made a final version of the content that you have prepared in the first step. If so, now is the time to add that content to the invitation. Don’t worry if you haven’t reached a final version yet, there is still time for you to do it and you will still need to proofread your work before printing them.
5. Evaluate the design and proofread the content: This step involves going through your entire invitation to check on each and every detail. These details don’t only refer to the design, but also its content. This is best performed together with another person because it makes the evaluation and proofreading phase more manageable.
6. Print copies of the invitation: After evaluating the design and ensuring that the content is free from any error, the only thing left to do is to have your invitations printed out. Take note, that you should print more copies than the expected number of invitees, and this is just a safety precaution.
Simple Tips for an Awesome BBQ Party Invitation Layout
While the instructions above may seem enough to assist you in your process of creating an awesome barbecue party invitation, why stop there? Here is a list of some easy to follow but very useful tips that could help you make the most out of the template that you chose to download.
- To reflect the excitement in parties, you should use bright colors on your invitation.
- When choosing font styles, choose those that are able to complement each other.
- Make a specific focal point on the invitation design to help draw the reader’s eyes to it.
Types of Invitations
There are actually various types of invitations; in fact, there are more than the six that are listed below. We only included this six to narrow it down to the ones that are relevant or at least supplemental to this article. Take note, that while these invitation types serve specific purposes, some of them actually share a similar one with another.
1. Party invitation: This invitation type is probably the most used and is also the least tedious to create. The reason behind that is this invitation’s highly versatile nature, meaning it can be used for any party regardless of its nature. Whether you’re throwing a birthday party or a barbecue party, this invitation type will work.
2. Business invitation: Whether you’re planning to host a seminar, a meeting, or a product pitch in front of a live audience, business invitations are the ideal choice. Another way that this type of invitation can be used is by sending it to another company or business professional to invite them to become your business partner.
3. Wedding invitation: This type of invitation is already too self-explanatory because of its name, and this is the type used specifically for inviting people to a wedding event. Wedding invitations provide more than just information of the request, they also indicate whether or not a guest has a special role in the wedding.
4. Electronic invitation: This type of invitation works just like the email and the electronic greeting card wherein they are edited and sent online. While electronic invitations are only used as a last resort, they are still as effective as the other invitation types.
Sizes of Invitations
Invitations cards also vary according to their size. The list below enumerates the different invitation sizes along with their measurements, but these shouldn’t stop you from making up your own card dimensions. When choosing a size, make sure that it is enough to hold the content without making it look cramped.
- RSVP card: 3.5 x 5 inches
- Square invitation: 5.25 x 5.25 inches
- Small response card: 4.25 x 5.5 inches
- Big response card: 4.5 x 6.25 inches
- Standard invitation: 5 x 7 inches
- Medium-sized invitation: 5.5 x 7.5 inches
- Large invitation: 6.5 x 8.75 inches
- Thin invitation: 4 x 9.25 inches
FAQs about Invitations
Before proceeding to the conclusion, here are some frequently asked questions that we have found on the internet which are all related to invitations. We hope that the answers to these questions are enough to provide you with the knowledge you need to make your barbecue party invitations confidently.
When should invitations be sent or mailed?
At least four to six weeks before the party.
How soon should be the deadline of the RSVP?
It should be around two weeks before the party.
We want you to enjoy everything about the barbecue party, and it’s only fitting that we provide you with the appropriate templates. These invitation templates are more than just mesmerizing, they are also highly editable. If you need a template for your invitation, look no further, we’ve got them here for you.