Reunions can be the best type of party as it gathers different people who have not seen or heard from each other for a long time. So if you are interested in throwing a shindig that will be remembered for a long time among people whom you share a past connection with, it is best to start with creating a beautiful reunion invitation card.
Read on as we share best practices for creating reunion invitation cards. Also included in this article are multiple examples of reunion invitation card templates that any reunion or party event planner may use.
Party and event planners and hosts, take note! Listed below are essential features that should be found in a reunion invitation card for it to be considered a good and effective invitation. Study each element so that you can easily incorporate them into your invitation card design.
1. Memorable Theme: Choose an invitation card design theme that is both memorable and creative. Reunion parties or gatherings tend to only attract those who have had enjoyable times together in the past. Capitalize on this and use a theme that will all the invitees to reminisce their past and then spur them on to attend this new reunion event.
2. Persuasive Wording: Another essential feature that should be found in an invitation card is persuasive invitation wording. Memorable visuals and theme will work better if it is combined with persuasive text. You may use your generation’s slang (if creating a class reunion invitation) or you may even opt for a more formal tone (if creating a family dinner reunion invitation). Just remember that your words matter, so choose wisely.
3. Typography: In addition to a coherent theme and word choice, also factor in the typography used on your reunion invitation card. Choose typefaces that allow you to tell a story and hook your guests into wanting to not miss out on your planned reunion party or event.
4. Layout: The next element that should be found on any reunion invitation card design is an organized layout. Depending on your card-making methods, follow a layout that will make it easier for guests to peruse and then read the invitation card. Nothing turns off a reader more than looking at confusing and over-the-top card designs.
5. RSVP Options: The characteristic As the reunion party planner, it is your job to make it easier for your guests to come to the party. Therefore, your invitation cards should already come with a response card (preferably a self-addressed stamped envelope). Or, to keep up with the modern times, you may include your mobile phone number, email address, or social media accounts so that your guests may send their responses through those channels instead.
Keep all these elements in mind and you will be on your way into creating compelling reunion invitation cards. And if you want an easier time creating invitation cards, look into the use of pre-made digital invitation card templates as we discuss them more below.
Embedded below are printable reunion invitation templates and designs that anyone may use for whatever reunion event or party they are planning. Also, note that these templates are fully customizable as long as you have a compatible graphic design software program that matches the download file format.
The most effective reunion invitation cards are those that manage to entice people whom you have not seen or heard from for a long time to attend the event. To achieve this, you need to create invitation cards that are tailored for the potential guests. Listed below are a few tips on how you can do just that.
1. Incorporate class or batch colors into the card theme: When designing a reunion invitation card, it is best to follow a theme that incorporates your own class colors. Or if you are planning a family reunion, use your clan colors. By doing this, you help increase recall to a hopefully more enjoyable and younger time in your guests’ life. Using your batch colors will also make for an easier design process since you do not have to test out different color schemes when creating your reunion invitation cards.
2. Include information about the reunion event timeline: Another thing that will help encourage more people to attend a reunion is when they have an idea of what will transpire during the entire event. When wording your invitation card’s message, it is best to include a brief event timeline. This way, the invitation will not appear long and droning. And the timeline will still let your guests know what to expect without spoiling anything fun that you may be planning.
3. Use throwback photos and pop culture references: Reunions, in essence, help people look back at their lives and how they used to spend it. And if you wish to encourage people to attend such events, mentioning events, people, or things that were popular in the past may help them want to be in the presence of people who are part of that time in their lives. Apply this tip in moderation as your invitation card may risk looking like a scrapbook instead of a formal invitation card.
4: Make RSVP-ing easy: As we have mentioned earlier, making it easier for your guests to send their response to the invitation can help increase the chances that they will attend the reunion. So when you design a reunion invitation card, make sure that it includes a separate response card that they can mail out in reply easily. Or, you may also include other ways to send in their responses like sending an email or a text message.
5: Use social media: Gone are the days when you have to send out invitation cards and letters by mail and wait for months before you get a proper response. In the digital age, you may now harness the power of social media in making sure that you reach out to anyone who you need to invite for the reunion party you are planning. You may also use social media to remind people of the upcoming event in case they failed to receive or respond to the printed reunion invitation cards that were sent out.
6: Emphasize what’s in it for the guest: Lastly, it is important to remember that not all everyone may want or need to attend a reunion. That is why it is best to create a greater objective or goal for the reunion you are planning. For example, you may create a reunion event agenda for raising funds for refugees. By creating such a social goal, invitees may be more inclined to attend the reunion since it is done for something greater than themselves.
So there you have it, a few highly practical tips on how you may create reunion invitation cards that get responses and positive results. Combined with the use of any printable reunion invitation templates that we have included above, you will soon have a compelling final invitation design on hand.
Reunion invitations may be categorized according to the type of reunion they are used for. Listed below are a few examples of different types of reunion invitations:
In this article, most of the reunion invitation card templates are available in 5 inches by 7 inches print size. Do note that there is no standard size for invitation cards. You may resize your reunion invitation card template to match the final printing size that you prefer.
A reunion invitation template is a pre-formatted digital file that allows anyone to easily create a reunion invitation card. These digital files are fully editable, ready to print, and re-usable. Multiple examples of downloadable invitation templates are included in this article.
When creating a reunion invitation card using graphic design and compositing software tools is essential as they allow you to control almost any aspect of the design creation process. The most common graphic design software tools are Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator. Simpler software programs like Microsoft Word and Publisher may also be used but with limited graphic design functionality.
There is no standard format for writing a reunion invitation card. What is important is that you include the most pertinent details when writing the invitation. These details include the following: name of the event, the name of guest, date and time of the event, type of event, response options, and contact information of the party host or planner.
Reunions are one of those events that only a few people ever want to attend or get to truly enjoy. That is why if you are planning a reunion party for old classmates or for your entire clan, make sure that you create a favorable first impression starting from your reunion invitation card design. Study all the tips shared above and do not forget to incorporate them into invitation card-making process.