Graduations are always a joyous occasion. It is not only for the one who is graduating, but also for that person’s friends and family. To let your loved ones know about the upcoming ceremony, it may be worth getting a few graduation invitation templates. After all, what better item to use when heralding the imminent arrival of such a day? Take a closer look at all the details of graduation invitation templates below and see for yourself what an excellent product this can be. You may also see invitation designs.
Elements of a Good Graduation Invitation Template
Here we shall review the common elements of any graduation invitation. Regardless of what type, size, or design, you can easily expect that these elements will help define what the overall item means. To familiarize with these templates is to familiarize yourself with these items, so take a close look at each one:
- The name of the one inviting: This would be the graduate in the case of graduation invitation templates. It is his or her big day, after all. No invitation would be complete if it did not identify the one who sent it in the first place.
- The invitational message: Another thing to expect would be the message imploring the potential guest to attend the graduation ceremony. Of all elements, this is the most crucial.
- The nature of the event: As far as graduations are concern, this is the part of the invitation that specifies what type of event it is going to be. Sending out invitations without this particular detail would leave guests terribly confused as to what is going on.
- The date, time, and place: More crucial details like when the ceremony will take place, the location it will be held, and its exact time need to be specified in the invitation.
- Attire instructions: This element will provide guests with information regarding the dress code of the event. It may only convey general instructions or provide highly specific ones, such as potential color themes or prohibitions.
13+ Graduation Invitation Templates
Graduation Party Invitation
Simple Graduation Invitation
College Graduation Invitation Template
Black and White Graduation Party Invitation Template
Free Sample Graduation Invitation Template
Free Graduation Announcement Invitation Sample
Free Graduation Invitation Template
Free Simple Graduation Invitation Format
Free Graduation Programs Example
Free College Graduation Invitation Design
Free Graduation Celebration Invitation Template
Free Graduation Party Invitation Sample
Graduation Invitation Template Design
Red Graduation Invitation Sample
Steps to Make a Great Graduation Invitation Template
Now we move on to the actual creation process of a graduation invitation template. Below are a generalized step-by-step procedure that you and anybody else can follow for a surefire success. There isn’t much to this and you can even make whatever changes you want to these steps once you gain enough knowledge and confidence.
- Step One. Download your preferred template: You may base your own template off another one, especially if you find something that is close to the design you have in mind.
- Step Two. Change the images: After getting the template, among the first changes you can make is to change its images into something you like a lot better. There’s no need to change every image; just the ones you deem necessary.
- Step Three. Change the fonts and texts: There can be no need to change the fonts if it is already something you like, but if it is the other way around, know that you have the option to do so. Same goes for the text.
- Step Four. Change the background: Your template’s background, like every other detail, may not exactly fit into the design you have in mind. Fortunately, you are also in a position to make the necessary changes with the use of the necessary tools or programs.
Tips for a Great Graduation Invitation Template
In addition to the steps specified above, you can also make use of certain tips that can help you ensure that your graduation invitation template’s quality turns out as high as possible. Take a look at each tip and see for yourself just how well they work out for you.
- Do not neglect any crucial information: Things like the nature of the event (graduation), the place it will be held, the exact time and date, among other things need to be specified in the invitation. To neglect even a single one will lower the usefulness of the product and results in a much lower overall quality.
- Always include a call to action: Just like in numerous other items, a call to action is something that is needed in an invitation template because it implores guests to take the appropriate action. Leave this off and what you have comes off as looking a bit passive and definitely less interesting.
- Make sure to always proofread the invitation: As wonderful as every other element or detail contained in the invitation may be, if there are typos or errors in the text, it always automatically takes away from the quality. Your guests will be able to spot it clear as day as well, so as much as you can, always proofread the invitation before sending it out.
Types of Graduation Invitation Template
Now that you are aware of the typical elements and how you can create your own graduation invitation template, the next piece of crucial information involves the different variations of invitations.
- Flat invitations: This is the variation which can be described as ‘sleek and open-faced information displays’ that informs potential guests regarding everything they need to know about the event at a glance.
- Send and seal fold-up invitations: This invitation type has enough space for the necessary event details along with a tear-off response card, allowing for the reply process to be that much simpler.
- Pocket invitations: These are the invitations that come with gatefolds, monogrammed seals, and color coordinating ribbons.
- Folded invitations: These are the classic examples of invitations that are styled from greeting cards. Those who require enough space for extensive information may choose this particular style.
Graduation Invitation Template Sizes
Now we move on to the sizes. As with other invitation templates, here are the following sizes you can expect to get out of a graduation invitation template:
- Mini card size – 2 x 3 1/2 inches
- A1 blank cards – 3 1/2 x 4 7/8 inches
- A2 blank cards – 4 1/4 x 5 1/2 inches
- A6 blank cards – 4 1/2 x 6 1/4 inches
- A7 blank cards – 5 1/8 x 7 inches
- A7.5 blank cards – 5 3/8 x 7 1/4 inches
- A9 blank cards – 5 1/2 x 8 1/2 inches
- Pocket enclosure cards – 7/8 x 6 7/8 inches
- Slim blank cards – 4 x 9 1/4 inches
Graduation Invitation Template FAQ
Is there just one specific method available for the creation of your own graduation invitation template?
No. In this article, a generalized procedure is provided for, but even that is meant to be just a template of sorts. You may follow it to the letter, but you are also free to come up with your own methods, as similar or as different as they may be. There is a noted versatility in the creation process of any graduation invitation, so feel free to experiment.
Is it always necessary for you to keep your customers in mind when creating graduation invitation templates?
Yes. If the success of your business or project has any significance to you at all, you will listen to your customers and keep in mind what they have to say. They are, after all, the lifeblood of your business. Their wants and needs will shape the demand for your products and as such, they cannot be ignored.
What are the available format file types when downloading BBQ invitation templates?
The supported file format types for graduation invitation templates include Illustrator, MS Word, Adobe Photoshop, Publisher, and Mac Pages.
Well there you have it. Whether it be a highschool or a college graduation invitation, these invitations can be far more complicated than they initially seem. Now that you know more about them than you previously did, you are now free to find greater ways of increasing your output’s overall quality. Look far and wide for amazing templates; they will no doubt come in handy sooner or later.