According to historians, bowling is said to have originated in ancient Egypt with remnants of the crude bowling balls that were used by ancient Egyptians discovered all across the location. But of course, during those times, the rules and mechanics of the sport were way different than what it is today.
Whether you’re into the history of the sport or more into the enjoyment of playing it, you might find this article interesting because of what it has in store. Below are ten of the best party invitation templates that we have gathered from the internet, and these templates are perfect for any bowling party.
Elements of a Good Bowling Party Invitation
1. Name of the party host: A good invitation card should start with the name of the party host, and this refers to the person who made the party possible. Their name should be placed on the topmost area of the invitation simply to inform readers who are behind the party.
2. Name of the honoree: Oftentimes, the party’s host and honoree are two different people, and while the former is the person who put together the party, the latter is the person being honored in the party. In other words, the honoree is the reason why the party is being held.
3. Party heading: A party invitation card may or may not need a heading, but why would you resort in not including it? It would be like a movie without a title or an advertisement without a headline. If you want your invitation card to be more memorable, then put in a heading or title.
4. Date of the party: This element and the next one below speak of when the event is going to be held, and for the date, you can write it in two ways. If you’re making an invitation for a casual event, you are allowed to use abbreviations or numbers. However, if you’re making a formal one, then you should strictly spell out the date incomplete words.
5. Time of the party: In terms of the time, the same rule applies wherein if the invitation is for a formal event, then you should write everything in complete words. But in addition to that rule, you may be allowed to use the military time or the twenty-four-hour system.
6. Location of the party: This element serves to convey to the reader where the event is going to take place, and you should write this by indicating the name of the place and the complete street address. If you want, you may be allowed to give out a few landmarks to guide the reader, just enclose this detail in parentheses.
10+ Bowling Party Invitation Templates
Bowling Party Invitation
Monochrome Bowling Party Invitation Example
Vintage Bowling Party Invitation Layout
Blue Minimal Bowling Party Invitation
Retro Bowling Party Invitation Design
Pink Bowling Party Invitation Template
Minimalist Bowling Birthday Party Invitation
Sketched Bowling Party Invitation Sample
Free Bowling Birthday Invitation Template
Free Printable Bowling Invitation Template
Modern Bowling Party Invitation Template
Steps to Designing a Good Bowling Party Invitation
1. Sketch the layout of the party invitation: If you want your party invitation to be organized and neat, you will need to plan out the layout, and what better way of doing that other than making a rough sketch of it? This way, you’ll have a clear picture of what elements you want to include and how to arrange them on the layout.
2. Choose a type of invitation card: Invitations come in different types, and when choosing a type to use for your party, you should take into consideration the theme and the reason behind why the party is held. If you are unsure what type of invitation to use, turn your attention to the list provided below, short descriptions for each type of invitation are laid out for you.
3. Choose an appropriate size: Aside from just having different types, invitations also come in different sizes. If you want something that’s compact and can be sent easily, then you might want to go with a smaller-sized invitation. However, if you want your invitations to be impactful, then you might want to go big.
4. Prepare a short personalized message: Some invitations come with a message, and this message is meant to communicate the party host’s intentions of inviting the reader to come to the gathering. Most invitation messages are kept short in order to save space for the other elements, but if you were able to make a bigger room for this, then you may write a longer and more heartfelt message for the reader.
5. Download an invitation template: Instead of starting from scratch, why not take advantage of the invitation templates that you have just seen in this article? These templates are easily downloadable and are already halfway done, which means that these templates can obviously save you a lot of time.
6. Edit the downloaded template: As mentioned earlier, these templates are only halfway done, which means that the remaining half still needs to be worked on. Fortunately, these templates are fully editable as long as you’re using the right editing tool for the right file format. So, refer to your sketch and edit the template according to your planned design.
7. Evaluate the edited design of your invitation card: After editing the design on the template, take one good look at the overall presentation of the invitation and decide whether or not it needs further editing. Also, you might want to ask another person to evaluate the design with you. As they say, two heads are better than one.
8. Proofread the content: Once you have evaluated the design, you should also evaluate the content, and this task is otherwise known as proofreading. During this step, you will need to inspect every word on the content to see to it if all are spelled correctly and if all lines are precisely written.
9. Print and send out your invitations: After you have evaluated the design and proofread the content, the only remaining steps that you will need to do are to print out copies of your invitations, and then send them all out to their respective recipients.
Simple Tips for an Excellent Bowling Party Invitation Layout
- Add beautiful colors to make the elements stand out and also to make the overall appearance livelier.
- Make room for white space to keep the layout from looking cluttered.
- The use of margins can also help in making the layout look more organized.
Types of Invitations
1. Party invitation: This type of invitation revolves around parties, and it doesn’t even matter what kind because as long as it’s a party, this is the best and most appropriate type to use for gathering guests. The templates that you have just seen are all intended for making party invitations, and if ever you need to make one that’s bowling-themed, then you are definitely in the right place.
2. Wedding invitation: While the party invitation type is more general in nature, this one is more specific and can not be used for any other type of event. A wedding invitation is used only for wedding ceremonies and wedding receptions, hence the name. And since most, if not all, weddings have a formal theme, the design and tone of the wedding invitation should also have a formal theme.
3. Handwritten invitation: Basically, a handwritten invitation is a type of invitation that has its contents written by hand, although there are some under this type that also has its graphics hand drawn. Because of the extra amount of effort needed to create each copy of this type of invitation, it is best to only use this for smaller and more private occasions, those that are attended by fifty guests or less.
4. Business invitation: Just like party invitations, the business invitation type revolves around all business-related events or gatherings. In other words, if there are upcoming business meetings or seminars, then the best way to invite guest speakers, audiences, and visitors is through a business invitation. Additionally, this type of invitation can also be used for inviting businesses to become another’s business partner.
5. Folded invitation: This type of invitation is basically just a regular type of invitation that has a fold in the middle, just like a half-fold brochure. This is best used for formal events wherein you will need to utilize the inner panels for writing a more thorough and personalized invitation message for the reader. This type of invitation can also be used for weddings, and you may or may not add another panel for the list of roles, or for the flow of events during the wedding.
6. Electronic invitation: There are instances wherein the traditional way of sending invitations won’t work, and this may be due to either time constraints or the distance between the host and the invitee. In order to get the invitations to their respective recipients in the quickest way possible, the host will need to resort to the digital and paperless alternative, which involves sending out the invitation through the internet, and these invitations are called electronic or e-invitations.
Sizes of Invitations
- Standard: 5.13″ x 7″ (Folded); 10.5″ x 7″ (Unfolded)
- A1: 3.5″ x 4.88″ (Folded); 7″ x 4.88″ (Unfolded)
- A2: 4.25″ x 5.5.” (Folded); 8.5″ 5.5″ (Unfolded)
- A6: 4.5″ x 6.25″ (Folded); 9″ x 6.25″ (Unfolded)
- A8: 5.38″ x 7.88″ (Folded); 10.63″ x 7.88″ (Unfolded)
- A9: 5.63″ x 8.63″ (Folded); 11.5″ x 8.63″ (Unfolded)
- A10: 5.88″ x 9.25″ (Folded); 11.75″ x 9.25″ (Unfolded)
- Small Square: 5.5″ x 5.5″ (Folded); 5.5″ x 11″ (Unfolded)
- Medium Square: 6.25″ x 6.25″ (Folded); 6.25″ x 12.5″ (Unfolded)
- Large Square: 6.75″ x 6.75″ (Folded); 6.75″ x 13.5″ (Unfolded)
FAQs about Bowling Party Invitations
What is the standard size for invitations?
The standard size is between 4.25 by 5.5 inches to 5 by 7 inches.
Are RSVPs necessary?
For formal gatherings, YES. But for casual ones, it’s optional but is highly recommended.
It’s normal to be skeptical about something on the internet, but with regards to our invitation templates, you don’t have to be. These party invitation templates are not only beautiful and high quality, but they are also fully editable and are capable of withstanding all sorts of modifications. This means that you can edit them as much as you want, and not worry about compromising the quality.