10+ Classic Debut Invitation Card Templates
Birthdays are annually celebrated but there’s something special about eighteen that makes it different from other celebrations. Most girls dream about grand parties for their eighteenth birthday since it is has become a part of our culture. Debuts are Quinceañera-inspired celebrations. Hispanics are known to celebrate their women’s 15th birthday because, for them, it’s the age of maturity. As for most countries, eighteen is considered to be the official coming of age. Debuts and Quinceañeras both share the same objective, to celebrate womanhood of young girls transitioning to a state on independence and social awareness.
Elements of a Good Classic Debut Invitation
A sample debut invitation must be perfect so that guests won’t get confused. Missing even just the littlest vital information could leave a very bad impression and might cause trouble for the rest of the celebration.
1. Celebrant’s name: Indicate the name of the celebrant in the invitation. This would be helpful information and would help out guests in buying an appropriate gift for the celebrant. It is also optional to include the debutante’s photo in the invitation.
2. Follow exact date and time, and location: Guests might be putting aside another appointment for the celebration you are inviting them to, so make sure to start on time and on the indicated date. This is very vital information in your invitation. You can also include a map on your invite of the venue location so that no one gets lost.
3. Theme: The theme of the debut should be reflected on the layout and typography of the invitation card. A well-designed invitation card would be more than enough to inflict excitement on the guest.
4. Indicate dress code: Most debut celebrations revolve around a theme, and these themes have dress codes to follow. So it’s important to specify the dress code so no one would come into the party looking like a fish out of the water.
5. Mailing stamps: If you are inviting a friend from afar, put mail stamps on your envelope to ensure that the invitation will be sent out. Make sure to mail at least two weeks before the celebration to avoid delays.
10+ Classic Debut Invitation Templates
Yes, personalizing your own debut invitation could be fun, but would be time-consuming. If you are reading this article, that means you are probably looking for invitation templates. Then you are in the right place. Here are some templates of classic debut invitation.
Classic 18th Birthday Invitation Template
Available File Formats
Classic Debut invitation Card Template
Floral Debut Invitation Template
Boho Debut Invitation Template
Formal Debut Invitation Template
Passport Debut Invitation Template
Pastel Debut Invitation Template
Sample Debut Invitation Template
Elegant Debut Invitation Template
Watercolor Debut Invitation Template
Steps How to Make a Great Classic Debut Invitation
1. Think on a theme: Themes are what makes debut celebrations exciting. Think of a theme that will fit the celebrant’s personality or point of interest. This should be the first step before setting off to making a debut invitation because the event theme should be reflected on the invitation theme.
2. Choose a template: Starting from scratch can be quite timorous. To save your energy, feel free to look through and use an invitation template for debuts. These templates are pre-designed so you don’t have to go through the hassle of trying out which layout works out or what typography will match well.
3. Write vital information: Answer the four Ws—who, what, when, and where. The time and date should be set in stone. Guests might have some other appointments that they have to consider, so this would be helpful information.
4. Finalize layout: Do a quick overview of the entire layout of the invitation. Is what the debutante wants? Is it appropriate for the theme? Does it compliment the typography? Have you already written down all the vital information? Is the template printable?
5. Print template: You are allowed to personally print your invitations, however, if you want high-quality printouts, have the templates printed in a professional printing shop. Matte finish and thick stock papers are suggested for printing invitations.
Tips to a Great Classic Debut Invitation
- Include an RSVP: Include an RSVP card cause this will help you prepare an estimate of resources for the correct number of people.
- Get fun with the designs: Break free from the conventional type of invitation cards. Laser-cut papers are a trend nowadays most especially with invitations. You can also try printing your invites on different mediums such as metals, cloth, or even on wood. Try to bring up your invites by putting in gems, ribbons, twines, or beads. Another idea is to have an uncommon invitation template like a passport.
- Include a program card: This may be optional but it’s a great idea. You might have some guests who will appreciate having a program card so they can follow through the activities of the night. A well-written program card could serve as a guide most especially for those who have a role to play in the celebration such as speeches.
Sizes of Classic Debut Invitations
The debut invitation templates in this article follow a 5 by 7 inches, and 4 by 6 inches size. For your reference, listed below are the other sizes for invitation cards.
- 3.5 x 5 inches
- 4 x 6 inches
- 4.25 x 6 inches
FAQs about Classic Debut Invitations
What is an RSVP?
RSVP, or répondez s’il vous plaît, is a derived French word which means “Please respond”. RSVP cards play as reply cards for guests who are invited to an event. These cards are very helpful most especially to the host because these cards can give them a heads up to the total number of people who are actually coming to the event.
When is the right time to send out invitations?
Send out an invitation at least three weeks before the celebration. This can give the guests ample time to prepare, most especially for the apparel they will wear to the party. Doing so will also help guests clear out their activities on the day of the party, so they can come to attend your celebration.
Should I make the invites exclusive?
Yes, you should. That is the main role of invitation cards, it makes events exclusive to guests who have received it. You wouldn’t want gate crashers to come to join and cause trouble.