10+ Modern Housewarming Invitation Templates
“The home is where the heart is”, which means that regardless of the structure that you are living in, it will only become a home if you cherish everything single thing about it. A very good way of initiating that is by welcoming your friends and relatives to it by throwing a housewarming celebration.
A housewarming is defined as a celebration honoring a person as they move into their new home. Just like any celebration, this involves feasting, socializing, and other activities. And of course, this also involves invitations, which is why we recommend that you check out our collection of housewarming invitation templates below.
Elements of a Good Housewarming Invitation
To really attract people to your invitation and event, the right set of information should be communicated. Since the allotted space on the invitation card is limited, only the best and most relevant information should be included. The list below enumerates some of those elements that need to be included on your housewarming invitation.
1. Homeowner’s name: This is the element that explains who is throwing the celebration or who it is being honored to. They should be always identified on the invitation card, and it should even come first in the hierarchy of content.
2. Date and time of celebration: This element explains when the celebration is going to take place. Since most housewarming events are casual themed, you may be allowed to use numbers and abbreviations when writing both the date and time.
3. Address of house: Since you have already indicated the name of the homeowner on the article, you no longer need to mention it again here. When writing the location of the celebration, you simply need to mention the complete street address of the house.
4. Contact details: Whether you plan on using an RSVP card or not, it would still help to also include your contact details on the invitation. This way, it’ll make you more accessible if in case the invitees need to reach out to you.
5. RSVP: Speaking of RSVPs, you might also want to include this in your invitations even if you’re going informal with your celebration. An RSVP can actually help you in determining the confirmed number of attendees.
10+ Housewarming Invitation Templates
This article houses some of the best housewarming invitation templates found on the internet, and these templates were taken from highly reliable sources. Other than that, these templates are also fully editable and capable of keeping its quality together despite the level of editing put into it.
Rustic Housewarming Party Invitation
Available File Formats
Housewarming Invitation Card Template
Housewarming Invitation Card Sample
Unique Housewarming Invitation Card Example
Housewarming Invitation Card Layout
Simple Housewarming Invitation Format
Housewarming Party Invitation Design
Printable Housewarming Party Invitation Template
Barbecue Housewarming Party Invitation Sample
Chalkboard Housewarming Invitation Example
How to Create a Magnificent Housewarming Invitation
Whether or not you’ve had experience making invitations for your own events, it would still be worth learning how they should be done the right way. The list below explains a more organized and structured way of creating your own housewarming invitation cards, this may actually help you out.
1. Think of a specific style for your invitation: How do you feel about your housewarming celebration? How would you incorporate your emotions towards the design? Or how do want people to feel when they go through your invitation? These are just some of the factors when considering a style for your invitation card.
2. Make a draft of the invitation’s content: Even if you already know what needs to be included on an invitation card, you will still need to ensure that every element is able to communicate what an invitee needs to know about the event. To make this work, you should prepare a draft of your content and determine how you wish to say it.
3. Take a good photo of your house: Since housewarming celebrations involve honoring the person as they move into their new home, it may be a good idea to showcase your new home on the invitation. Take a photo of the house, and it’s up to you to decide whether to showcase the interior or the exterior aspect.
4. Download and edit an invitation template: Templates are very useful resources that can help you in creating your projects easily, and we’ve got some for creating housewarming invitations. By now, we assume that you’ve seen all invitation template in this article; if not, scroll back up to see them.
5. Edit the design and add the necessary content: The best thing about templates is that they are already pre-designed and will already give you a head start. What we can guarantee from our templates is that they are all fully editable as long as you’re using the right editing tool.
6. Evaluate the design and proofread the content: Evaluating the design means ensuring that every element is where they should be, and proofreading the content means checking for any grammatical or spelling error. If you are unsure with your own judgment, grab another person to help you out.
7. Have your invitation design printed out: And when all the needed evaluation and proofreading has been performed, you can finally print out your invitation cards. Always remember to print more copies than needed. This way, if there is a last minute need to send out additional invitations, you’ll be able to do so in no time.
Simple Tips for an Excellent Housewarming Invitation Layout
Here is another list that may also help you out in the process of creating invitations. While we have already discussed the creation process in general, the list below will provide you with some easy to follow tips on how you can foolproof your way into making your housewarming invitation’s layout excellent.
- If you wish to include more than just one photo, organize them into frames.
- Enhance the layout of the invitation by adding a themed background that reflects the event.
- If you’re planning to go minimal, add a solid-colored border that matches with one of the colors from any of the elements.
- Easily draw attention to your invitation by incorporating an eye-catching header.
- Keep the design as simple and presentable as possible.
Types of Invitations
In the early stages of creating your own invitations, you will need to choose a particular type that matches with the occasion that is being planned. The list below enumerates some of the many types of invitations available, and you can use it as your guide in choosing which type would work best for the occasion.
1. Event invitation: The most basic and most commonly used among the types, event invitations work best with any form of social gathering. However, this type of invitation is geared more towards casual gatherings since these have a rather informal theme.
2. Business invitation: If you’re ever planning to invite people to business-related gatherings, then business invitations would be the ideal type. These work best in business meetings, conferences, and seminars. They may even be used for inviting potential business partners.
3. Wedding invitation: While the previous two invitation types have a rather general purpose, this one is quite specific in the sense that it is meant only for weddings. Since wedding invitations belong under the formal category, it is a must that an RSVP card is used.
4. Formal invitation: Speaking of formal theme, here’s one invitation type that’s meant to be used for all sorts of formal gatherings. This type of invitation is notable for its use of an RSVP card, and also for the way that the date and time should be written.
5. Handwritten invitation: Oftentimes, exerting additional effort can help make your projects much more valuable, and this is true with handwritten invitations. However, too much effort can easily drain you out, which is why the use of this type of invitation is only best for smaller gatherings.
6. Pocket invitation: From the name itself, this type of invitation can easily fit inside your pocket, which means they are actually smaller than the other types. In order to make up for their size, this type of invitation actually has more beautifying and decorative elements.
7. Online invitation: And if none of the previous invitation types seem to work, then the final resort would be the online invitation. This type no longer needs to be printed out and mailed, you can send them out immediately after editing the design.
Sizes of Invitations
Oftentimes, choosing an invitation type goes hand in hand with choosing the size, which actually makes sense since some types have a particular measurement. However, you may also be allowed to separate those two features if you want. Listed below are the different sizes of invitation cards.
- RSVP card: 3.5 x 5 inches
- Square invitation: 5.25 x 5.25 inches
- Small response card: 4.25 x 5.5 inches
- Big response card: 4.5 x 6.25 inches
- Standard invitation: 5 x 7 inches
- Medium-sized invitation: 5.5 x 7.5 inches
- Large invitation: 6.5 x 8.75 inches
- Thin invitation: 4 x 9.25 inches
FAQs about Invitations
If you want more information regarding invitations, we’ll give you more information. Here are some questions that have been frequently asked about invitation cards, and we have also provided some answers to it. If you’ve got any concerns, feel free to refer to this section, the answers might just be here.
What are the best types of paper to use for printing invitations?
- Matte paper: This type of paper isn’t shiny and doesn’t reflect light, and they tend to make the colors appear softer and more natural. Other than that, the matte paper also works best for monochrome designs.
- Glossy paper: Paper with a glossy finish has a lot of shine and makes the colors look very rich and vibrant. The downside with glossy paper, however, is that they can easily attract fingerprints.
- Satin or silk: This type of paper is something in between the matte and glossy paper types, it makes you get the best from both—the handling ease of matte and the vibrant colors of gloss.
What are factors to consider when deciding what wording should be used?
The theme and tone of the event, the people who will be invited, and the host’s personal preference.
How does postage work when mailing invitations?
Each envelope should already be stamped, including the ones that contain the RSVP card. When the invitations are brought to the post office, they are weighed before they are forwarded to the delivery section.
Just as you are celebrating your new home with your friends, family, and relatives, we also want you to make an impact through your invitations. If you haven’t downloaded a template yet, you should know that these invitation design templates were all designed by professionals who’re more than willing to help you make an impact.