What could be more exciting in life than waiting for the coming of the newest member of the family? The level of excitement and anticipation is simply beyond anything you could ever imagine. If that’s how everybody feels when a baby is on the way, how much more for the parents?
One way of channeling out the excitement is by throwing a baby shower. This usually comes a few weeks or months prior to the expected date of delivery. Below are some baby shower invitation templates that you can use for inviting your guests, feel free to download and use any of them.
Elements of a Good Baby Shower Invitation
Invitation cards consist of different elements, and in order for your invitations cards to be considered as good and effective, it has to have the right ones. Listed below are some of the most important elements that should be seen on your baby shower invitation, use it as your guide.
1. The invitation statement: The invitation statement is a short sentence (or sentences) that actually informs the reader that they have been invited to a gathering. Regardless of how you state this element, it always comes first in the hierarchy and is followed by the name of the honoree.
2. Pregnant mother’s name: Baby showers are usually thrown in honor of the pregnant woman, and their name should always be indicated on the invitation card. This element is not to inform who is throwing the party, but rather, who the party is being thrown for.
3. Title of the occasion: The occasion is referred to as a baby shower, and even if it seems obvious already, including it on the invitation statement is still the most ideal way of telling a reader that they have been requested to attend. You may be allowed to use something else other than just “baby shower”, just make sure that it doesn’t drift too far from its original title.
4. Date and time of the baby shower celebration: The date and time communicate to the reader when the baby shower is going to be held, which makes it a highly essential element. Most baby showers have an informal theme, which means you can use number and abbreviations on your invitation. But if you are planning a formal baby shower, then you may need to spell everything out.
5. Venue or location: This element informs the reader where the baby shower is going to be held, and it may either be at the honoree’s own home or someplace else. Nevertheless, you should indicate whose house it will be or the name of the establishment and then include the complete street address.
6. Host’s contact number: The host should also indicate their contact number on the invitation just in case. This element is very useful because it enables invitees to ask questions before committing to the occasion, and it can also be used when there are last-minute concerns.
7. An RSVP card: Regardless if you’re planning to make your baby shower celebration formal or not, the RSVP card would be very helpful in confirming the exact number of people that will be attending.
8. Graphical elements: These elements include but are not limited to photos and illustrations, and they can greatly help in improving the look of the invitation card. If you want, you may be allowed to include a photo of the baby’s ultrasound on the invitation.
10+ Baby Shower Invitation Templates
We looked at various websites to find baby shower invitation design templates that are worth sharing with you and were able to find ten of them. Not only are these templates worth sharing, but they are also worth downloading. We gathered these templates ourselves so you won’t have to, feel free to check them out.
Zoo Baby Shower Invitation Template
Editable Baby Shower Invitation Sample
Pink Roses Baby Shower Invitation
Floral Baby Shower Invitation Example
Princess Baby Shower Invitation Layout
Superhero Baby Shower Invitation
Baby Shower Invitation Format
Couples Baby Shower Invitation Design
Baby Shower Party Invitation
Printable Baby Shower Invitation Template
Steps to Designing a Good Baby Shower Invitation
Just like any project, there has to be a process describing how it was put together prior to creating it, the process itself, and then what needs to be done afterwards. The same thing can be said when designing baby shower invitations, a process should be followed in order to really pull off a stunning invitation card.
1. Prepare what you need: This covers everything from the content that explains the details of the baby shower to the photos that you wish to include on the invitation. Ensure that you have everything prepared to make the rest of the process go smoothly.
2. Download and edit a template: Invitation templates can be found all over the internet. In fact, we have some of the best ones gathered in this article. To save you a lot of time, simply download a baby shower invitation template, and work on it from there.
3. Evaluate and finalize: Once the design has been edited and the content has been written, do evaluations for both and then make the final touches. During this stage, you should already determine whether or not your invitation is ready for printing.
4. Print out your invitation: When printing out copies of your baby shower invitation, always print more than what you need. And also, always remember to use high quality, durable materials such as the paper stock and the ink toner.
Simple Tips for an Excellent Baby Shower Invitation Layout
“There’s always a trick to everything”, we always say that when things seem to be as complicated as they should. When making a project, the process would be a lot easier if you are familiar with what needs to do. Same can be said when designing invitations, there are certain tips to ensure an excellent layout.
- Choose typefaces that are timeless or memorable: Since the typeface is also part of the layout, it can contribute to the invitation’s ability to make an impression towards the reader. Go with typefaces that stand out, but make sure with something that’s highly legible.
- Decide between photos or illustrations or both: It’s always up to you whether to go with photos or illustrations for your invitations. Though you may be allowed to use both at the same time, just make sure to leave enough white space.
- Align your text at the center: Center aligning your textual elements can easily direct your reader’s attention and gives more value to them than when they are aligned differently. Also, it can help create balance to the weight of the layout.
- Never crowd the layout with too many elements: As we said earlier, be sure that there is enough white space if you choose to use both illustrations and photos. Generally speaking, you shouldn’t use too many elements to avoid cluttering up your invitation’s layout.
Types of Invitations
There are numerous types of invitations, with each one having a definite purpose. Some types are actually more versatile than others, meaning they can be used for more than just one purpose. There are also certain types that have the same purpose as another. Listed below are the different types of invitations and their corresponding definitions.
1. Event invitation: This type of invitation is considered to be an all-around type since it can be used for a variety of purposes. Event invitations are excellent for all kinds of gatherings and occasions, they may even be used by businesses and organizations to gather attendees or audiences to their events.
2. Formal invitation: Unlike event invitations, this type is specifically intended for formal gatherings such as weddings, business gatherings, and dinner parties. Formal invitations are best known for their use of the RSVP card, and the schedules that are spelled out completely.
3. Pocket invitation: This type of invitation may be smaller in size than the others, but they actually make up for it. These invitations are very heavy on the design while still keeping it informative and relevant. Pocket invitations are a good alternative to the usual ones used in weddings, and they are indeed made to impress.
4. Handwritten invitation: This type of invitation is only best for small and intimate events or gatherings that are attended by no more than fifty people. This is because handwritten invitations are a lot tedious to make than the other types, and making more than fifty would require an extensive amount of time and effort.
5. Electronic invitation: Considered as the opposite of the handwritten type, electronic invitations are probably the easiest to prepare since they no longer need to be printed out or even sent through the mail. These invitations utilize the internet and are commonly used when the host needs to notify their guests as soon as possible.
Sizes of Invitations
Aside from the different types of invitations, they also come in various sizes ranging from the standard 5.25 x 7 inches to the A10 size. Since part of the process of creating invitations involves choosing a size, you may use the list of size below as your reference.
- Standard: 5.25″ x 7″ (Folded); 10.5″ x 7″ (Unfolded)
- A1: 3.5″ x 4.88″ (Folded); 7″ x 4.88″ (Unfolded)
- A2: 4.25″ x 5.5.” (Folded); 8.5″ 5.5″ (Unfolded)
- A6: 4.5″ x 6.25″ (Folded); 9″ x 6.25″ (Unfolded)
- A8: 5.38″ x 7.88″ (Folded); 10.63″ x 7.88″ (Unfolded)
- A9: 5.63″ x 8.63″ (Folded); 11.5″ x 8.63″ (Unfolded)
- A10: 5.88″ x 9.25″ (Folded); 11.75″ x 9.25″ (Unfolded)
- Small Square: 5.5″ x 5.5″ (Folded); 5.5″ x 11″ (Unfolded)
- Medium Square: 6.25″ x 6.25″ (Folded); 6.25″ x 12.5″ (Unfolded)
- Large Square: 6.75″ x 6.75″ (Folded); 6.75″ x 13.5″ (Unfolded)
FAQs about Invitations
If in case none of the information provided above was able to provide you with an answer to a particular question, perhaps this section will. We have taken the liberty of seeking out some of the most frequently asked questions regarding invitations and answered them for you.
Why is it important to send invitations?
1) They set the tone of the event; 2) They are informative; 3) They are worth holding on as a keepsake.
What is an RSVP?
It is an acronym that was derived from the French phrase “Répondez s’il vous plaît“. This phrase can then be translated into English as “to require confirmation of an invitation”.
Invitation vs. save the date
While the invitation serves to formally invite the recipient to the gathering, the save the date simply advises the date and venue to the reader. This is usually sent out earlier than the invitation and is meant to allow the reader enough time to prepare themselves and their schedules.
This article has everything you need for making your own baby shower party invitations, from templates to instructions and tips, they’re all here. With regards to the templates, they are more than just beautiful and editable, they were meant to be treasured even after the baby shower and to stand the test of time.