- File Formats
Need a formal way to invite colleagues, friends, and family members to a special event or occasion? If yes, we recommend that you create not just a regular invitation card but, instead, make a Save The Date invitation card. This way, guests will be given ample time to prepare for the event and make sure that they show up for the event.
In this article, we share with you multiple tips and hacks on how to create captivating Save The Date cards. Examples of these downloadable invitation card templates are also embedded below. Take a look! You may also see invitation samples.
A Save The Date invitation is just like any kind of invitation cards. What sets it apart is usually just the timing when these invitation cards are sent out.
Nevertheless, what makes an excellent regular invitation card may also make a marvelous Save The Date invitation. Listed below are a few elements, that when woven together well, will help create a memorable Save The Date invitation card. Find out what these are below.
1. Theme: The first element to consider when creating any kind of invitation card is the event theme. This applies whether you are planning a traditional wedding or just a child’s first birthday party. A theme will help bring together all the design elements used in the invitation card. And, in effect, it helps create a focal point in the card design.
2. Typography: To make a compelling invitation card design, you also have to think about typography. This refers to the artistic expression and presentation of all the text elements used in a graphic design project. In the case of a Save The Date invitation card, you need to choose font styles, typefaces, and a creative way to present them and help create a story.
3. Invitation Wording: Another important element of any invitation card design is the actual text or wording used. Most invitation cards follow a formal tone especially if it is created for a formal event like a wedding or the christening of a child. So if you are planning an informal 18th birthday party, you may opt for a less formal invitation wording instead. Remember to match the tone of your invitation with the kind of event you are planning. Maintain a courteous and cheerful tone all throughout the invite. This makes it more likely for the party guest to show up at the event.
4. Card Design Layout: If your goal is to create an aesthetically pleasing Save The Date card, it is best to also consider how all the graphics and text elements used in the card design are arranged. Choose a clean and clutter-free invitation card layout. Emphasize the invitation text or wording since this is the first thing that guests will read when they receive the invitation.
5. Response Card: Save The Date cards are usually sent out weeks or months before the official invitation card arrives and way before the actual event occurs. This is done to make sure that the invited guest knows can prepare for the event even if the event hosts or planners have not yet decided on other event details. Event planners should make it easy for guests to respond to the invitation. To do this, your Save The Date invitation card should include a self-addressed and stamped response card. Or, you may include detailed information on how a guest may contact the event planner to confirm his or her attendance.
Once you got all these elements down, creating a Save The Date invitation card will be a breeze. Do not limit yourself to these elements or characteristics when creating a formal event invitation card. Learn to hone your craft as you plan more special events and parties.
Check out all these save the date invitation card templates that anyone may use for whatever party or event they are planning. Most of these templates are available in multiple file formats for easy editing and printing.
Shared below is a step by step guide on how to create a Save The Date invitation. These steps may be applied whether you are creating a simple birthday invitation or an elaborate Save The Date label invitation. Read on…
1. Decide on a party or event theme: Choose a theme that will represent the party host and the event he or she is trying to pull off.
2. Choose matching invitation card theme and layout: All the decorative and stationery designs used for the event should match with the original theme. And since you are creating a Save The Date invitation, it should also sport the same design theme or motif.
3. Write down all the information you want to include on the invitation card: Before you sit down and actually create the Save The Date card, you need to know what specific information you want to reveal on the card and how you want to say it. You may consult with different online tools and books on the proper way to do this based on the event you are planning.
4: Decide if you want to make handmade Save The Date invitations or if you want to use pre-made printable invitation templates: The decision is yours to make. If you are only making a few invitation cards and you want to have as much creative control, then choose handmade cards. However, if you want time and cost efficiency, then using customizable Save The Date invitation templates is the way to go.
5: Make design template edits: Whether you are making the invitation card from scratch or you are using a pre-made digital template, it is not time to make all the necessary customizations on your base template. Do this until you are satisfied with the card design.
6: Review the design: Have another person take a look at the invitation card design and evaluate it. Ask him or her to look for typos, spelling issues, and image or design consistency issues. Make the necessary corrections or changes afterward.
7: Print out the invitation card template: If you have chosen the printable invitation card template route, it is now time to save the template design and then print it out. You may use your home printer or hire the services of a commercial print shop. The latter option is recommended if you have a lot of Save The Date cards to print out.
And that’s it! You now have a printed Save The Date card on hand. It’s time to get moving and start sending them out to prospective guests.
Save The Date invitations are categorized according to the type of event they are created for. Listed below are a few types of these Save The Date invitation card categories:
Just like other kinds of invitation cards, Save The Date cards may be sized according to the event or party host’s preferences. In this article, we mainly feature downloadable Save The Date in a 5 inches by 7 inches print size.
A Save The Date invitation template is a digital file that includes all the necessary graphics and text elements needed to create a Save The Date card. As a digital template, they can be customized to match the end user’s preferences and then printed out as easily.
Save The Date invitation cards will often include a response letter card or an RSVP card with a self-addressed stamped envelope. Use these response cards to reply to the invitation either by mail or courier service. In some cases, party and event planners may also accept invitation responses through email, phone calls, text messages, or other means. Contact information will be included in the Save The Date invitation card itself.
If planning an event or party (like a wedding) that will occur in the next 6 to 12 months, Save The Date invitation cards may be sent out as soon as the event date is finalized. Note that in the case of a wedding, an official wedding invitation card should still be sent out at least 1 to 2 months before the wedding. For events that will occur in the next 1 to 5 months, Save The Date invitation cards may be sent out at least 3 weeks ahead.
Use all the tips that you have learned here today to create the best Save The Date invitation cards for an event or party you are planning. For more examples of printable invitation card templates, check out the rest of Template.net.