In some cultures—Western Christians and Greek Orthodox, a carnival is a season that occurs before lent that involves banquets and celebrations. But for most of us, when we hear the word carnival, we think of the amusement show that involves rides, entertainment, food, games, and merchandise. You may also see invitation samples.
While the two are very different from each other, they both bring happiness and joy to the attendees. This article is more on the amusement show type and is applied as a theme to these invitation card templates. Below, we have a collection of templates that you can download and use to make your own invitation cards.
Elements of an Excellent Carnival Invitation
Make your carnival invitations stand out by ensuring that you’re putting only the most relevant content. The list below will educate you what elements you should include on your sample invitation card.
1. Name of the event host: The host of the event may either be a person, a business, or an organization, and they are the ones responsible for putting together the event. An invitation card should always start with the acknowledgment of the event host, and this is mainly to inform the reader on who made the event possible.
2. Brief invitation statement: After acknowledging the event host, it is usually followed by a short statement that explains what the host is trying to convey to the reader. This is known as an invitation statement, and this usually consists of a single line unless you’re making an invitation for a formal gathering.
3. Title of the event: This answers the reader’s question regarding what the event is going to be about. When creating the title, you are allowed to be creative with it, but just make sure that it is still relatable to the nature of the event.
4. Complete date and time: An invitation is usually for providing an invitee with information regarding the event, and some of the most important ones include the date and time that the event will take place.
5. Venue of the event: Another very important piece of information that should be seen on an invitation card is the venue where the event is going to be held. This element is usually written by indicating the name of the place and complementing it with the place’s street address.
6. Graphical elements: In order to keep your invitation card from looking uninteresting, you will need to add in some graphical elements to enhance its physical features. Refer to the list of tips below to learn how you can make your invitation’s layout even more visually appealing.
15+ Carnival Invitation Templates
Here are the carnival invitation templates that we have gathered from the internet. These templates are guaranteed to be high quality and are also fully editable if you’re using the right editing tool.
Carnival Party Ticket Invitation Template
Vintage Carnival Party Invitation Template
Circus Carnival Invitation Template
Carnival Party Invitation Template
Circus Carnival Birthday Invitation Template
Carnival Birthday Invitation Template
Carnival Ticket Birthday Invitation Template
Carnival Invitation Card Template
Carnival Birthday Party Invitation Template
Carnival Birthday Party Invitation Sample
Carnival Ticket Invitation Card Example
Clubhouse Carnival Invitation Card Format
Creative Carnival Invitation Card Sample
Wedding Ceremony Carnival Invitation Layout
Steps to Designing an Awesome Carnival Invitation
Regardless if this is your first time to design your own invitation, the list of steps below may actually be worth reading. However, feel free to modify these steps to something that’s more convenient to you.
1. Set a budget for your invitation: When designing an invitation, always remember to start off by setting a plausible budget. Consider factors such as the quantity and quality of the invitation cards.
2. Write a draft of the invitation’s content: In order to give you an idea of what content to include, it is best to prepare a draft early in the process. This way, it’ll also save you a lot of time in the proofreading phase.
3. Download and edit a carnival invitation template: Save yourself a lot of time by downloading a carnival invitation template from our website. And after getting your hands on one, you can then proceed to the editing phase.
4. Proofread the invitation’s content: Failing to proofread your work proves very risky since a single error on the content can decrease the credibility or value of your invitation. Always remember to proofread your work at least once.
5. Print out your invitations: And when everything is already according to plan, you can finally proceed to have your invitation card design printed out. To be safe, print more copies of your invitation than intended, you might need them when you least expect it.
Simple Tips for an Excellent Carnival Invitation Layout
It’s one thing to make your invitation card informative, but if you want it to really make an impact, then you should complement it with a stunning layout. Here are a few useful tips that might help in making that possible.
- Be familiar with the meanings of colors in order to use that for communicating your message.
- Never crowd your layout with too many elements, use them sparingly and apply a good amount of negative space.
- Center-align your text to create balance in the layout.
Types of Invitations
There is a certain type of invitation for every gathering, and we have a list below of the different types of invitations that you can choose from. Be sure to choose an invitation type that best fits your event.
1. Party invitation: This is basically the type of invitation that is being used by people for inviting guests to their party. This type of invitation is quite easy to create because of its casual nature, just make sure to provide all the necessary details.
2. Business invitation: Any business-related gathering will work with this type of invitation. Whether you’re inviting people to a business meeting, a seminar, or a conference, business invitations are the most ideal type to use.
3. Wedding invitation: From the name itself, this type of invitation is used for inviting people to a wedding ceremony and reception. Wedding invitations are usually used alongside a Save the Date card and/or an RSVP card.
4. Electronic invitation: Often shortened to just e-invitation, this one works more or less the same way as the email, wherein they are sent through the internet without having to print them out.
Sizes of Invitation Cards
Not only are there different types of invitations, but there are also different sizes of invitations that you can choose from. Refer to the list below for the different invitation card sizes.
- Standard: 5.25″ x 7″ (Folded); 10.5″ x 7″ (Unfolded)
- A1: 3.5″ x 4.88″ (Folded); 7″ x 4.88″ (Unfolded)
- A2: 4.25″ x 5.5.” (Folded); 8.5″ 5.5″ (Unfolded)
- A6: 4.5″ x 6.25″ (Folded); 9″ x 6.25″ (Unfolded)
- A8: 5.38″ x 7.88″ (Folded); 10.63″ x 7.88″ (Unfolded)
- A9: 5.63″ x 8.63″ (Folded); 11.5″ x 8.63″ (Unfolded)
- A10: 5.88″ x 9.25″ (Folded); 11.75″ x 9.25″ (Unfolded)
- Small Square: 5.5″ x 5.5″ (Folded); 5.5″ x 11″ (Unfolded)
- Medium Square: 6.25″ x 6.25″ (Folded); 6.25″ x 12.5″ (Unfolded)
- Large Square: 6.75″ x 6.75″ (Folded); 6.75″ x 13.5″ (Unfolded)
FAQs about Invitations
We know you still have a few questions regarding invitations that haven’t been discussed in this article, which is why we will be providing you with a few FAQs. Hopefully, the answers to these questions can provide you with the info you need.
1. What is an RSVP?
RSVP stands for “répondez, s’il vous plaît“, which translates to “please respond”. This is usually used in formal invitations and serves to inform the reader that they are required to confirm their attendance on or before the date indicated.
2. What is a Save the Date?
This is common in weddings and is sent earlier than the invitation cards. This is simply for giving the reader a heads up and for them to make the needed preparations.
You will never go wrong with any of our carnival event invitation templates in this article. These were all gathered from highly reliable sources, were created by professional graphic artists, and are all very easy to edit. If you’re in need of a template to make your own invitations, look no further because we already got that covered for you.