Planning to host an evening banquet for a group of close friends, family, or colleagues? If yes, then do not forget to send out matching invitation samples card beforehand. These custom-made cards can help set the tone for the event that you are planning for.
In the next few paragraphs, we will guide you on how to create the best dinner invitation card designs. We will also share multiple examples of invitation card templates that can help spur your own inner creative spark. Read on…
If you want your party to become the most talked-about event within your circle of friends and colleagues this year, it pays to invest in well-designed dinner invitation cards. To help you with that endeavor, we have prepared a short list of the most important characteristics that should be found in a dinner invitation card design. Learn what they are below.
1. Dinner Party Theme: One of the most important things to consider when creating or choosing a dinner invitation card design is your dinner party’s theme or motif. It is best that a dinner invitation should follow the same design theme as this will translate to concept coherence. Plus, it will also make the whole thing appear organized and well-planned.
2. Invitation Content: Another element or design characteristic that should be present in any invitation card design is the invitation’s content itself. This means that you should either choose a dinner invitation with pre-written wording or you will have to write your own invitation wording. The tone and choice of words used in your invitation card’s content will tell your guests what type of event you wish to have and, somehow, what is expected of them as guests. For example, invitation cards that are worded formally and follows a professional tone will suit a fancy dinner event.
3. Card Layout: The next essential feature that makes a dinner invitation card compelling is its layout. Choose or create a dinner invitation card that follows an organized and well-structured layout. Most often, invitation cards use a one-page layout with all the party details listed down in a top to bottom order. Follow this kind of card layout or formulate one that will make your dinner invitation card easy to look at and to read.
4. Paper Type and Size: The size and type of the paper used for printing a dinner invitation card is another element that will help make an invitation more compelling. Choose high-quality cardstock or paper to print out your invitations on. You may also add printing effects like embossed or debossed headers or incorporate papercutting techniques. Do what you think will best suit your formal event invitation and the kind of dinner event you are hosting.
5. Typography: One of the most effective ways to make a dinner invitation card more compelling is through the use of well-designed typefaces. Carefully choose font styles that match with each other with the kind of event you are hosting. For example, if you are planning an informal Thanksgiving dinner with close family and friends, then it may suffice to choose font styles that remind you of fun home life for your Thanksgiving dinner party invitation.
And that ends this short guide on the top elements to consider when choosing a dinner party invitation card. Study all these elements so that you can easily apply them to any of your card-making projects. Also, do not forget to check out the rest of our website for more card-making design inspiration.
Shown below are the top examples of dinner invitation card templates. Check out them all out until you find the card template design that will best fit the dinner party you are planning.
Do you still find creating a dinner invitation card such an arduous task? Fret not. Feeling like this is totally normal especially for those who are throwing their first dinner parties. To help ease the sense of card-making dread, we are sharing a few design tips to help you create standout dinner invitations. Read more about them below!
1. Add relevant images: One way to make a dinner invitation card stand out is to add photos. If the dinner event is held in honor of a person, you may add his or her photos. Choose flattering photos and those that have a similar color palette with your invitation card. You may also add illustrations or artwork that complements the theme of your dinner party and invitation card design.
2. Take advantage of negative space: Treat your dinner invitation cards as a work of art. You do not have to fill every corner of the card with text or images. Allow areas for negative space for all the other important graphic design elements to breathe and stand out on their own. When used well, negative can help elevate the overall look of your dinner invitation card.
3. Use textured paper or cardstock: We have shared at the beginning of this article that the type of paper you use will greatly affect your guests’ impression of your planned dinner event. You may purchase specialty papers and cardstocks that have different textures and color palettes. Experiment with different paper textures and types until you find the one that fits your preferences.
4. Use matching envelopes: Wow your guests more by making sure that you create matching envelope designs for all of your dinner invitation cards. This aspect is often taken for granted by most event planners so make sure that you are not like any other event host. You may use the same envelope design for your own dinner invitations or you may also use pre-made envelope design templates to make it more convenient for you. With your dinner invitation card and envelopes having matching designs, your guests will know that you have looked into every detail of your upcoming dinner party.
And that’s it! Those four tips are just a few tips that anyone could incorporate into their dinner invitation card-making process. Learn to incorporate them into your designs and you will have the most compelling dinner invitation cards in no time.
Writing a dinner invitation card (or any kind of invitation card for that matter) does not mean you have to slit a vein. It can be relatively easy as we have listed down the most important pieces of information that should be found in an invitation. Check out the list below:
Dinner invitation cards may be categorized according to the kind of event they are created for. Listed below are some of the different types of dinner invitation cards:
Dinner invitation cards follow the usual invitation paper size which is 5 inches by 7 inches. Remember that this is not the standard printing size so you can easily resize any invitation template you are using to your preferred printing size.
A dinner invitation template is a preset digital file containing all the text, fonts, and graphic elements for a dinner invitation card. End users can edit anything in a sample dinner invitation card template and then print them out right away.
If you are going to a dinner party held at another person’s home, it is customary to bring a little gift. The best gifts for this kind of situation are a bottle of wine, a dessert, a side dish, fancy scented candles, bouquet of flowers, or preserved goods (like jam and honey).
If you are sent a formal dinner invitation card, accepting or declining the invitation is done by sending back the RSVP or response card sent with it. If a reply card has not been included, you may write a response letter. The most important thing to remember is that you send out your response as soon as possible so that the dinner host or hostess can prepare for the event accordingly.
You have reached the end of this article on dinner invitation card templates. We hope that you have gained useful knowledge on how to navigate the world of dinner party planning. Do not forget to refer back to this article to refresh your mind on the dos and donts of making your own dinner invitation card templates.