7+ Golf Party Invitation Designs & Templates
Unlike most sports, golf is not fast-paced and requires utmost patience and concentration on the part of the golfer. Each swing of their club requires precision, grace, and consistent motion, that’s how golf works. For all the golf aficionados, we have the resources that you need for all your golf-themed parties.
Below is a collection of various golf party invitation that you can download and use for your parties. Aside from the invitation templates, we also provided some guidelines and tips on how to create your own party invitations. With all these resources laid out, you’re guaranteed to make invitations that are worth keeping.
Elements of a Good Golf Party Invitation
1. Host of the party: The host refers to the person who is responsible for putting together the party, and they may or may not be the one doing all the planning. Oftentimes, a party is hosted by one person and is planned by another, although this is only common in large events wherein the host is unable to perform both roles. But regardless of the size of the party, make it a point to always acknowledge the host by indicating their name on the invitation.
2. Name of the honoree (if applicable): Only if applicable, you should also include the name of the honoree on the invitation, and this usually follows the name of the party host. The honoree refers to the person who is the reason behind why the party is celebrated. Examples of parties that have an honoree include birthday parties, graduation parties, and most parties that are thrown to congratulate a person for their achievement. But if ever the party doesn’t have an honoree, you may be allowed to skip this element.
3. Title or tagline: While this element is not really as necessary as the other ones on this list, it will actually help in making your party, as well as your invitations, stand out. Another advantage to having a title on your invitation is that it helps in setting the tone of the party, and it also makes your party invitation much easier to remember.
4. Date and time of the party: What’s the use of invitations if it doesn’t indicate the date and the time of the party? These two elements are some of the most essential ones on an invitation card due to the fact that they inform the reader exactly when the party is going to take place. Take note, that you may need to write the date and time in complete words if you are creating a formal invitation, but if are making a casual invitation, you may be allowed to use numbers and abbreviations.
5. Venue of the party: Another highly essential element that should be found on any invitation card is the venue, and the reason, why this element is important, is that this is meant to inform readers where the event is going to be held. When writing the venue, make sure to write both the name of the place and the complete street address regardless if the invited people are already familiar with it.
6. Host’s contact information: In cases wherein the invitee needs to talk to the host to ask questions or clarifications, they will often resort to calling the host either by phone or email. But how are they able to do that if the host’s contact information is not found on the invitation? This is exactly the reason why it’s better to be sure and just include your contact information on the invitation because you’ll never know when your invitees might need it.
7. An RSVP: And lastly, the RSVP which informs and reminds the invitee of their response to the invitation, verifying whether or not they are able to come to the party. RSVP stands for “Répondez s’il vous plaît“, which translates to “Please Respond”, and while this element is a must for formal invitations, you may still be allowed to use it even if you’re making invitations for casual parties.
7+ Golf Party Invitation Templates
Golf Party Invitation Template
Golf Invitation Template in PSD
Golf Birthday Event Invitation
Golf Baby Shower Event Invitation
Simple Golf Par-Tee Invitation Example
Golf Tournament Invitation
Golf Tournament Invitation Pack
How to Create a Golf Party Invitation
1. Think of a theme for the design of the invitation card: Before everything else, the first thing that you will need to do is think of a theme for your invitation cards, and this theme should always match with the one used for the party. The reason why you should have a matching theme is that it helps create a sense of consistency between the party and the invitation used for it.
2. Choose an appropriate size for the invitation card: Invitation cards can be small and compact, but they can also be big and impactful. Whichever seems more appropriate for you and for the event, go with that size. For your reference, a list is provided below in terms of the different invitation card sizes, be sure to pick one that works best for you.
3. Download a party invitation template: Once you have chosen a theme and a size that perfectly suits the party, you can now refer to the internet to find invitation templates that you can download. But why go someplace else when you have everything you need right here in this article? What you should do is scroll back up, look for an invitation template that fits your fits the theme and size that you have chosen, and then download it.
4. Edit the downloaded invitation template: Downloading a template doesn’t mean you can already use it right off the bat, you still need to edit it in order to add in a little bit of you to the design. The first things that you will need to edit are the graphical elements, and since these are already present on the template when you download them, you no longer need to gather images or illustrations for your design. However, if you choose to replace the graphics on the template with your own, you are allowed to do so.
5. Proofread for any errors: After editing the design on the template and adding in the relevant details of the party, the one final step that you will need to take before printing out your invitations is proofreading it. Proofreading involves checking the content for any misspelled words, or in this case, misspelled names and addresses. Be sure to proofread your work to prevent the risk of misleading your guests on a wrong date or a wrong location.
6. Print out your invitations: And once your work has been deemed to be free of any errors, you can now proceed to print out your invitations so that you can send them off to their respective recipients afterward.
Simple Tips for an Excellent Golf Party Invitation Layout
- De-clutter the design by applying a good amount of white space.
- Between creativity and simplicity, the latter is more presentable and attractive.
- Don’t use more than three font types, this will usually result in making the layout distracting.
Types of Invitations
1. Party invitation: A formal party invitation is a type of invitation that is mainly used for inviting people to a party, and this party may range from small and private ones to large and more extravagant parties. Most party invitations have a casual tone, although you may still be allowed to incorporate a few elements or styles from formal invitations if you prefer, and this includes the RSVP and the way the date and time are written.
2. Event invitation: An event invitation is a broader type since it covers all types of events that involve a gathering of people. Among the different types of invitations, this one is probably the most widely used because of its highly versatile nature.
3. Wedding invitation: Unlike the other types of invitations, this one is intended to be used for one purpose only, and that is to invite guests to a wedding ceremony and reception. Almost always, wedding invitations consist of multiple pages since aside from just conveying the details regarding the wedding, it also mentions the roles of some of the guests. Also, wedding invitations come with an RSVP since it is considered as a formal occasion.
4. Business invitation: In all business-related gatherings such as meetings, conferences, and seminars, the business invitation is the most appropriate type of invitation to use for gathering guests or audiences. But the great thing about business invitations is that aside from the ones mentioned, they can also be used by one business to invite another to be the former’s business partner. And of course, business invitations should have a formal tone as well.
5. Handwritten invitation: A handwritten invitation is something that is quite uncommon since they require extra time and effort on the part of the person preparing it. This type of invitation is indeed written by hand and is only ideal for events that are attended by no more than fifty people.
Sizes of Invitations
- Standard: 5.13″ x 7″ (Folded); 10.5″ x 7″ (Unfolded)
- A1: 3.5″ x 4.88″ (Folded); 7″ x 4.88″ (Unfolded)
- A2: 4.25″ x 5.5.” (Folded); 8.5″ 5.5″ (Unfolded)
- A6: 4.5″ x 6.25″ (Folded); 9″ x 6.25″ (Unfolded)
- A8: 5.38″ x 7.88″ (Folded); 10.63″ x 7.88″ (Unfolded)
- A9: 5.63″ x 8.63″ (Folded); 11.5″ x 8.63″ (Unfolded)
- A10: 5.88″ x 9.25″ (Folded); 11.75″ x 9.25″ (Unfolded)
- Small Square: 5.5″ x 5.5″ (Folded); 5.5″ x 11″ (Unfolded)
- Medium Square: 6.25″ x 6.25″ (Folded); 6.25″ x 12.5″ (Unfolded)
- Large Square: 6.75″ x 6.75″ (Folded); 6.75″ x 13.5″ (Unfolded)
FAQs about Golf Party Invitations
What are some of the best online invitation sites?
- Paperless Post
How to save money when making DIY invitations?
- Start looking around early to find a good deal.
- Use a standard-sized envelope.
- Simplify your design.
- Download an invitation template from Template.net.
Whether you’re an actual golfer or just an avid fan, these invitation templates are perfect for you and your event. These templates are more than just beautiful, they are also highly functional and fully editable. If you’re looking for something that you can use for making your party invitations, the templates above are what you need.