In businesses and organizations, it is very common for them to regularly introduce and exchange information because it helps them to grow and network. These are done during conferences, which is defined as a gathering of professionals who talk about a specific topic. Conferences also come in various types depending on the subject matter being discussed.
Just like any other event or gathering, it is only proper that you invite people by sending them invitations. This way, you’ll be able to maintain a professional image towards them. To assist you in creating exceptional conference invitations, we have a collection of invitation templates as well as other relevant information below that you can use.
1. Name of the conference organizer: Most of the time, this element contains the name of the business that’s calling for the meeting, but there may also be times wherein a specific person is actually acknowledged on the invitation for their efforts of organizing the entire conference meeting.
2. Title of the conference meeting: This element simply serves to inform the reader regarding the event they’re being invited to. And since this professional gathering is held yearly, you actually have the choice of including an ordinal number describing the event. This way, you’ll be able to easily keep track of the sequential order of the conference meetings every year.
3. Agenda of the conference meeting: This answers the question regarding what the conference meeting is going to be about or what possible topics are going to be discussed. This is simply to give the invitees a heads up and to prepare themselves for the discussions that will take place during the conference.
4. Complete date and time of meeting: A complete date consists of the month, day in numbers, year, and the day of the week. These details should all be included on your invitation card along with the time that the conference meeting will begin.
5. Venue of the conference meeting: Almost always, a business’ or organization’s conferences are held at their own offices in order to save on expenses, but there may also be times wherein the conference is held someplace else. Regardless of which, you should still mention the venue of the conference on the invitation card by indicating the name of the place and its street address.
6. The contact information of the organizer: The invitation card should also contain the contact number of the people in charge of the conference, you may even specify the name of the contact person if you wish. This way, invitees who have concerns regarding the event can easily reach out to the organizers to address it.
7. An RSVP: Considering that a conference meeting is mostly attended by professionals, the organizers should maintain professionalism even on the invitation cards. Because of this, an RSVP should be included with the formal invitation. This way, they’ll also be able to make adjustments to the accommodation based on the number of confirmed attendees.
1. Choose a size for your invitation cards: Before everything else, you should decide on how small (or how big) you want your invitation cards to be, you may even decide on the orientation or the shape in order to make it unique. For your reference, you may scroll down to see a section listing down the different invitation card sizes.
2. Prepare your content especially the invitation statement: Unless you’re planning to write a long invitation statement, this step will simply have you write down a draft of the relevant details on the invitation such as the ones mentioned in the elements section above. If you wish to write a longer invitation statement, it would probably be best to utilize a folded invitation and use the inner pages for it.
3. Download a conference invitation template: It’s time to get your hands on an invitation template. By downloading one, you’re already helping yourself big time thanks to the elements and the design that already come with the template. This way, you won’t have to start all the way from the bottom.
4. Edit the downloaded invitation template: After downloading a template, you can then proceed directly to the editing phase. Here, simply make modifications to the design and add the content based on what you have prepared. Before proceeding to the next step, be sure to proofread the content first.
5. Make an RSVP card: As mentioned in the introduction, a formal occasion will require the use of an RSVP card. While most of our invitation templates already come with an RSVP, you might be able to download one that doesn’t. If this is the case, you can either download an RSVP card template or just make one from scratch.
6. Print your invitation and RSVP cards: Once everything is ready, the final step in the process is taking your invitation design to the printing stage. Regardless if you have a guest list or an estimation of the number of attendees, you should always print extra copies of your invitation because you might need to send out more at the last minute.
1. Party invitation: Basically, a party invitation is a type of invitation that hosts send out to people asking them to come to their party. Birthday party, graduation party, or farewell party, whatever party it will be, this type of invitation is the ideal choice.
2. Business invitation: Any gathering of people that has to do with a business will use this type of invitation. Business invitations are perfect for inviting people to seminars, conferences, and meetings and it may even be attended by people outside the company or organization.
3. Formal invitation: Unlike the party invitation type that’s casual themed, this one requires you to follow a strict set of rules such as the use of an RSVP card and the way that the date and time should be written. Formal invitations are commonly used in wedding celebrations, anniversaries, and even funeral gatherings.
4. Travel invitation: Otherwise known as a visa invitation, this is used when a citizen of a foreign country wishes to invite either a family member, relative, or a friend to visit them. This is then presented by the recipient to that country’s embassy when they apply for a visa.
5. Electronic invitation: This type of invitation has a very similar nature to the email wherein it can be sent right away through the internet without having to print it. Various websites offer this service for free with or without having to register for an account.
It is a request that is written on a card inviting the reader to attend an event or gathering. Oftentimes, an RSVP is also used with the invitation.
The RSVP—which stands for répondez s’il vous plaît or “please respond” in English—serves to inform the event host whether the invitee is attending or not, which allows them to make the necessary adjustments.