Just because somebody knows how a sport is played, it doesn’t always mean that they play that sport. In the same manner, we can never assume that a person is a fan of a sport just because they are familiar with the rules. But nevertheless, it’s probably safe to say that people do love to watch sports.
Whether you’re planning an actual sports event or simply a sport-themed party, we have the perfect invitation templates for that. If this is indeed what you need, check out the collection of downloadable sports invitation templates below, they are guaranteed to be high quality and also fully editable.
Elements of a Good Sports Invitation
In every design, there are elements, and these elements represent the different contents. Whether these are in the form of graphics or text, these elements contribute to both the beauty and the informativeness of the design. With invitations, it takes a few elements before it can be considered as a good invitation card.
- Organizer’s Name: Some refer to the organizer as the host, and they are the person/s who are actually behind the event. The organizer can either be a single individual, a group of people, or even an organization. Indicating their name/s on the invitation can give the reader an idea as to who made the event possible, which is a plus on the part of the organizers since it can give them the recognition they deserve.
- Request/Invitation Statement: This is the element that briefly informs that reader that they have been invited to something, and this statement can either be short or long, depending on the type of event. For sports events, the statement is usually short and is limited to just informing the reader to come to the event. However, for sports-themed events, the statement is usually longer and is written within the body of the message.
- Schedule: The schedule refers to both the date and time, which is a must in all types of invitations since it informs the readers when the event will take place.
- Venue: And lastly, the venue for the sports event. Almost always, sports events will take place in gymnasiums, stadiums, or parks with the exception of those sports that are held in different venues. Regardless of where the event is going to be held, you should indicate the name of the place on the invitation along with its complete street address. If ever you are still unsure whether people are familiar with the place, you may also mention a few landmarks surrounding the venue.
18+ Sports Invitation Templates
Here is the moment that you have longed been waiting for, the main feature of this article, the ten sports invitation templates that we have gathered for you. These template have been taken from multiple sources, but regardless of its source, they are all high quality and fully editable.
Basketball Ticket Invitation Template
Basketball Ticket Invitation Template
Football Invitation Template
Simple Golf Party Invitation
Baseball Party Invitation Template
Soccer Game Ticket Invitation Template
Baseball Birthday Invitation Template
Birthday Sports Ticket Invitation Template
Monochrome Sports Ticket Invitation Template
Artistic Bowling Invitation Party Sample
Baseball Birthday Sports Invitation Example
Minimal Bowling Party Invitation Layout
Custom Sports Event Invitation Format
Multipurpose Sports Theme Invitation Design
Final Cup Sports Invitation Template
Golf Anniversary Sports Invitation Design
Tailgate Party Sports Invitation Sample
Bowling Tournament Sports Invitation Layout
How to Create a Sports Invitation
Now that you’ve seen the templates, we’re not just going to leave you there without any clue what to do next. We will be providing you with more information starting with a step by step process on how you can make sports invitations using our templates.
- Pick out a theme: Before you begin designing your invitation, do you know what the theme of your event is? If so, then incorporate that theme on to the design. Having the theme of your invitation match the theme of your event can create a sense of consistency, which actually helps in building a positive impression.
- Decide on the size: After deciding on a theme, decide on how big you want your invitation cards. Invitations come in various sizes, and you’ll find out more about it below. For now, just take note that it is important for you to decide on a size first so you’ll have an initial idea on how much space is allotted to you.
- Draft the content: Once you have decided on a theme and an appropriate size for your invitations, the next step is to draft your content. Compose a draft early in the process so you can decide later on if the information written is good enough or if it still needs to be rewritten.
- Download a template: Once the pre-planning phase has been done, the next thing that you will need to do is to download a template. With templates, you no longer need to start all the way from the bottom, you can already get your hands on pre-designed invitations that only need to be edited.
- Edit the template: After downloading a template, it’s time for you to edit it. During the editing phase, you can either add or remove elements, or you may simply rearrange the elements that come with the template.
- Finalize: Finalizing the invitation design means deciding whether or not the elements used are all relevant, they are arranged accordingly, the needed information are supplied, and there aren’t any spelling or grammar errors. Once everything is good, go ahead and start printing them out. But if your design still needs further editing, then do the necessary changes.
Simple Tips for an Excellent Sports Invitation Layout
In addition to the how-to that you have just read, here are a few simple tips that might help you out further in your process of making an exceptional sports invitation. The tips below aren’t just applicable to sports invitation cards, you can apply them to any type of event invitation.
- Don’t put in too much elements, this might result in making your invitation look too cluttered or distracting.
- In relation to the last bullet point, organize the elements properly and add a sufficient amount of white space to further de-clutter the layout.
- When choosing a font, go for those that are creative and easy to read.
- Add colors to the design, they can actually help in enhancing the design’s visual appeal.
Types of Invitations
When it comes to invitation cards, there are actually numerous types of invitations that you can choose from. Some types of invitations are intended for formal events, some for casual ones, and there are also types that can be used regardless of the theme. And without further ado, here is a list of the different types of invitations:
- Handwritten Invitations: These invitations indeed consist of a handwritten message, which is something that obviously requires a lot of time and effort to make. Thankfully, handwritten event invitations are ideal only for small events that are meant for no more than fifty people.
- Flat Invitations: Considered as the most basic type of invitation, these invitations consist of the most basic content that utilize only one side of the invitation card. However, the other side of the card can still be used, but only for decorative elements. Since these invitations are indeed flat, its contents are readily seen after the reader takes it out from its envelope.
- Folded Invitations: In contrast to the flat invitation type, these invitations are folded which means they come in multiple panels. However, most folded invitations only use two or three of the four panels: the cover page, one of the inner panels, and the back page. Since the contents of this type of invitation is kept hidden until the card is being unfolded, it actually helps in building a sense of anticipation of the part of the reader.
- Business Invitations: From the name itself, these invitations are meant for business related events. However, business invitations can be used not only for inviting people to events, seminars, or conferences, they can also be used to invite people or other businesses into becoming business partners. Since these invitations are being handled by and sent to professionals, they should always utilize a formal tone of voice..
- Electronic Invitations: In today’s generation, a lot of things are being made digital or paperless, and invitations are one of them. Just like the electronic mail and the electronic greeting cards, there are now electronic invitations which can be sent through the internet. While the more traditional printed invitations are still considered the most practical, e-invitations are ideal for those invitations that need to be sent to people who are far away.
Sizes of Invitations
Aside from just the different types, invitation cards come in a variety of sizes as well. Some invitations are small and compact, while some are also large. Below is a list of those different sizes, along with the type of paper material, and specific measurements when the card is folded and unfolded.
- Standard: 5.13″ x 7″ (Folded); 10.5″ x 7″ (Unfolded)
- A1: 3.5″ x 4.88″ (Folded); 7″ x 4.88″ (Unfolded)
- A2: 4.25″ x 5.5.” (Folded); 8.5″ 5.5″ (Unfolded)
- A6: 4.5″ x 6.25″ (Folded); 9″ x 6.25″ (Unfolded)
- A8: 5.38″ x 7.88″ (Folded); 10.63″ x 7.88″ (Unfolded)
- A9: 5.63″ x 8.63″ (Folded); 11.5″ x 8.63″ (Unfolded)
- A10: 5.88″ x 9.25″ (Folded); 11.75″ x 9.25″ (Unfolded)
- Small Square: 5.5″ x 5.5″ (Folded); 5.5″ x 11″ (Unfolded)
- Medium Square: 6.25″ x 6.25″ (Folded); 6.25″ x 12.5″ (Unfolded)
- Large Square: 6.75″ x 6.75″ (Folded); 6.75″ x 13.5″ (Unfolded)
FAQs about Sports Invitations
And if you are still in need of more information regarding invitation cards in general, we have taken the liberty of looking around the internet for Frequently Asked Questions related to it. Here are some of those questions along with their respective answers.
What is an invitation?
An invitation is a message written to inform a person that they have been invited to a gathering. Most formal invitations come with an RSVP, there are also times wherein an RSVP is used for an informal event.
What is the standard invitation size?
According to experts, the standard size for invitations is something between 4.25 x 5.5 inches to 5 x 7 inches.
While anyone can always claim that their invitation templates are better than others, we can definitely say that ours are indeed top-notch, you can even go back and check them out for yourself. Other than that, these templates are able to keep its quality at its best regardless of how much editing has been done. Don’t you think that’s a good enough reason to start downloading a template already?