When we hear about a tea party, we think of ladies in their dainty outfits eating and drinking small snacks together in a dainty setting. It is actually a formal and ritualized gathering that is characterized by the use of exquisite utensils like porcelain, china, or silver. The tea is drank together with a variety of foods such as slices of cakes, buns or rolls, cookies, biscuits, and scones.
The afternoon tea party can provide a great opportunity for intimate conversations and a refreshing, light meal. It is a popular practice in the Victorian and Edwardian ages but is still present in our modern society. Just like any party, it also needs an invitation. So, take a look at our collection of Party Invitation Templates.
Bridal Shower Tea Party Invitation
Surprise Tea Party Invitation
Birthday Tea Party Invitation
DIY Tea Party Invitation
Garden Tea Party Invitation
What Should Your Invitation Include
- What. There are many kinds of invitations, so you should indicate what the invitation is for and what kind of occasion is being celebrated.
- Where. You don’t want to get your guest lost or, worse, not being able to come because they don’t know where to go.
- When. Just like where, when the party is happening like the date and time should be indicated if you don’t want your guests to arrive while you are still preparing.
- RSVP. An RSVP with its deadline is needed in case you need an accurate count of who is coming in order to know how much food, drinks, and party wares you should prepare.
- Dress code. When preparing a themed party and you want your guests to come in specific attires, it should be stated clearly in the invitation.
These are the basic information you should include in your tea invitations that can also be applied to a Holiday Party Invitation. Make sure to check out other Invitation Templates on our website.
Princess Tea Party Invitation
Ladies Tea Party Invitation
Printable Tea Party Invitation
Vintage Tea Party Invitation
Kitten Tea Party Invitation
How to Make Your Party Stand Out
Whether you are having an elegant tea party or a tea party for children, you can make your party stand with some of these elements:
- Activities. Simple activities and party games are one sure way to keep your guests interested and not walk away out of boredom. Pictionary or charades are great examples; or you can place out tea leaves, tea bags, strings, and a stapler and have your guests make their own tea bags.
- Theme. If you want to go further with the decorations, try following a theme. It will liven up the occasion and give adults the reason to dress up and bring out their inner child. The food, music, tea, decorations, and outfits should work around the theme.
- Costumes. With a theme, you can also ask guests to wear costumes that are related to it. Costumes should be specified on the invitation even if you don’t have a theme. Usually, tea parties require formal attires if there is no theme.
- Music. What makes a party without music? For tea parties, low and soft music like classical and jazz are more appropriate than the ones in a dance party. You can also hire a music group to play in the background.
This page has several tea party invitation templates that you can choose according to your chosen theme. See our Vintage Party Invitation if you are going for a more classic look.