A big day in your life is about to come, and you would want friends and family to be by your side during special occasion. Ask them to be officially there with a formal wedding invitation to send to them. You can hire someone else to do this or you could look up for a free wedding template to do it on your own.
The design of invitations vary from your taste. They can be all glittery, or they can be very minimal depending on you and your partner. Creating your wedding invitation takes time and effort right from the decision-making period up to the final production. However, it would still be worth it in the end.
Wedding Invitation Design
Photo Wedding Invitation
Wedding Anniversary Invitation Card Template
Wedding Invitation Card Template
Wedding Party Invitation
Traditional Wedding Invitation Template
Beach Wedding Invitation Template
Wedding Invitation Email Template
Country Wedding Invitation Template
Printable Wedding Invitation Template
Free Simple Email Wedding Invitation Template
Editable Wedding Thank You Invitation
Funny Wedding Invitation Design
Funny Destination Wedding Invitation
Funny DIY Wedding Invitation
Funny Email Wedding Invitation
Funny Personal Wedding Invitation
Funny Cartoon Wedding Invitation
Formal Wedding Invitation Design
Traditional Formal Wedding Invitation
DIY Formal Wedding Invitation
Formal Lace Wedding Invitation
Formal Destination Wedding Invitation
Formal Peacock Wedding Invitation
Formal Pocket Wedding Invitation
Floral Wedding Invitation Design
Floral Vintage Wedding Invitation
Floral Watercolor Wedding Invitation
Chalkboard Floral Wedding Invitation
Floral Letterpress Wedding Invitation
Modern Floral Wedding Invitation
Folded Wedding Invitation
Design DIY Folded Wedding Invitation
Tri-Fold Wedding Invitation
Square Folded Wedding Invitation
Pocket Folded Wedding Invitation
Beach Wedding Invitations Design
Beach Theme Wedding Invitation
Lace Beach Wedding Invitation
Rustic Beach Wedding Invitation
The Common Types of Wedding Invitations
There are loads of wedding invitations that you can find online You only have to search for wedding invitation designs, and your search result will come up with inspirational ideas for you to do. There are common types of invitations as well that you will see everywhere. Here is a list of those invitations and a brief breakdown of its contents. Find the perfect invitation for your big day from this list.
These cards are full of humor and less serious. They don’t necessarily have to be jokes. They could be a witty remark or a comical statement. Usually, these invitations are sent by those who are not having a formal wedding. Most couples who do this are hoping to have a lighter vibe for their ceremony. There are subtypes for a funny wedding invitation. It can be a variation of either of these:
- Funny Destination – This walks the guest into the story of how the couples met, got together, and finally about to get married.
- Funny DIY – From its name, this invitation is your own creation your very own remark imprinted on the invitation.
- Funny Email – You can customize any downloaded funny invitation and send it directly to anyone’s email as a surprise for the day.
- Funny Personal – A simple note is usually on the cover of this invitation. This will make it seem like you just told your guest the way you usually tell anyone anything.
- Funny Cartoon – This uses caricatures, animes, or any other cartoons to represent you as a couple. This is ideal if you want something less wordy.
If you are planning a traditional wedding with the classic processional march and entourage, then a formal invitation is very much appropriate for the event. It has fewer sparkles and more on swirls from the cursive typography. These formal invitations are also particular with the spacing and alignment of the content. The designs are always balanced with uniform text size. Designing a formal invitation is very meticulous. Here are a few sample ideas when making this type of invitation.
- Formal Lace – Make use of lacy texture and apply it in the design. It doesn’t have to be an actual lace. A vector image should suffice.
- Formal Destination – Similar to the funny destination, this also accounts the story of the couple but in a serious approach.
- Formal Peacock – This makes use of peacock feathers as the main showcase of the invitation. Often, the color of the feather contrasts the background to put emphasis on the design.
- Formal Pocket – A full-page formal invitation is stashed inside a customized envelope. Hence, the term formal pocket.
- DIY Formal Invitation – You can also start from scratch and make your own. Personalize each card with your creative thoughts.
This is the kind of invitation, you would want to send during a spring wedding. Some people say that flowers are good for weddings since it can symbolize the blossoming future of the couple together. This can be a bunch of flowers on the frame of your invitation card or a lightly dabbed watercolor-like print. The upside of a floral invitation is that the flowers give your card a very refreshing vibe. The common floral designs are as follows:
- Chalkboard Floral – It commonly uses dark background colors with a chalk-like text. The flowers are gently placed on top as an accent to the overall aesthetics.
- Floral Letterpress – This is like a full-spread invitation with the flowers dominantly placed on the sides.
- Modern Floral – Unlike the previous ones, this uses vector swirls and outlines of flowers instead of the full photo.
Disney Wedding Invitations Design
Disney Fairytale Wedding Invitation
Retro Disney Wedding Invitation
Disney Cinderella Wedding Invitation
Disney Destination Wedding Invitation
Castle Wedding Invitations Design
Fairytale Castle Wedding Invitation
Castle Themed Wedding Invitation
Disney Castle Wedding Invitation
Cinderella Castle Wedding Invitation
Cartoon Wedding Invitation Design
Cartoon Wedding Invitation Card Design
Personalized Cartoon Wedding Invitation
Cartoon Couple Wedding Invitation
Lace Wedding Invitation
DIY Lace Wedding Invitation
Vintage Lace Wedding Invitation
Lace Floral Wedding Invitation
Lace Pocket Wedding Invitation
Modern Wedding Invitation Design
Modern Square Wedding Invitation
Modern Destination Wedding Invitation
Modern Day Wedding Invitation
Planning for a Wedding Invitation
It’s not just the whole wedding ceremony and reception that needs planning. Even the little details need it too. One of which is your wedding invitation that needs to be sent to your guests. It should be done beforehand since it needs ample time for both design and production. There are certain points to consider and you might just need some tips to help you sort things through. With that, here are a few things you need to think of when planning your wedding invitation.
The Quantity to Produce
Before you start designing, list down the people you are planning on sending the invitations to. This will help you estimate the quantity and the amount you need to allocate for the invitation. If you are on a budget, you can then adjust what design you are to use so it would fit in. Usually, the intricate the design is, the costly will the charge be for the printouts. Have an estimate on the number of people to know how many to make Ideally, one per couple or per family is enough.
The Theme to Apply
Take note of the theme you want to follow. Traditionally, the color motif of the invitation follows the color motif of the wedding. You can stray from tradition, however, and explore different themes to apply for your cards. There are plenty of themes for you to choose from. It could be one of the following.
- Beach – A beach wedding invitation is very casual and are most likely minimal. It uses cool colors and looks very light on the eyes.
- Southern – If you are looking forward to being having a cowboy vibe on your invitations, the Southern or rustic theme is right for you. It uses shapes and objects plus a typography that depicts southern spirit.
- Bohemian – Stay close to nature and apply some rustic designs on your invitation. The materials are mostly made of recycled products like a paper twine and the likes.
- Vintage – Be in touch with old class. The vintage theme doesn’t only mean classic, but it can also be retro that brings nostalgia on your wedding invitation.
Pocket Wedding Invitation
DIY Pocket Wedding Invitation
Square Pocket Wedding Invitation
Tri-Fold Wedding Invitation
Tri-Fold Pocket Wedding Invitation
Tri-Fold Photo Wedding Invitation
Rustic Tri-Fold Wedding Invitation
Wreath Wedding Invitation
Watercolor Wreath Wedding Invitation
Floral Wreath Wedding Invitation
Rustic Wreath Wedding Invitation
Laurel Wreath Wedding Invitation
Printable Wreath Wedding Invitation
Special Wedding Invitation
Special Day Wedding Invitation
Special Handmade Wedding Invitation
Printable Special Wedding Invitation
Bride Wedding Invitation Design
Blank Princess Bride Wedding Invitation
DIY Bride Wedding Invitations
Bride Magazine Wedding Invitation
What Style Will You Use?
Different styles have been mentioned above. Make your choice on what style to use and add it to the theme you want. You can experiment with the combinations or you can go for the usual themes and styles that are commonly used. These are other styles that you can apply:
- Tri-Fold Invitations – This has three sides which you can fill in with details. This won’t need any envelope anymore. This looks presentable without the extra expense of buying holders for the invitation.
- Wreath Invitations – This style showcases the watercolor-like art of wreaths that encloses the written texts. This looks creative yet uses minimal colors.
How Will You Send It?
You also need to consider how you want to send your invitations. A separate budget is set for this on top of your invitation design and production budget. There are different ways that you can send them. One is through a trusted courier to have it received by the guest in a few days or you can go for the traditional mail, which takes longer days. Another way is by personally giving it, which costs close to nothing aside from your time, effort, and gas money.