It is that time again! Time to blow your mesmerizing candle cake, and hey, you’re another year older again! This moment to celebrate and be grateful for all the things you’ve accomplished, from all the things you’ve been through, good or bad. You may also see invitation samples.
Some even have a preferred theme, a great change from the usual and common ones we always see. And one of the most important things that you should include is, of course, the old-school invitation cards. They consist of various designs and styles and should match whatever theme you may have for your birthday sample. If you want a more unique type, our list of invitation cards are a great choice.
Baby Girl First Birthday Invitation Template
Baby Boy First Birthday Invitation Template
A birthday will always be one of the best celebrations that people revere, a celebration that holds a special place in our hearts. It is an occasion when a person or institution celebrates the anniversary of their birth. Birthdays are celebrated in numerous cultures often with a gift, party, or rite of passage.
Free Bowling Birthday Invitation Template
Editable Teddy Bear Picnic Birthday Invitation Template
Sample Happy Birthday Invitation Template
Free Birthday Invitation
Free Birthday Party Invitation
Free 50th Birthday Invitation
Free Retro Birthday Invitation
Free Surprise Birthday Invitation
1st Birthday Invitation
1st Birthday Invitation for Boys
1st Birthday Invitation Card
1st Birthday Invitation for Girls
Sample 1st Birthday Invitation
1st Birthday Party Invitation
Birthday Party Invitation
Frozen Birthday Party Invitation
Funny Birthday Party Invitation
Birthday Party Invitation Card
50th Birthday Party Invitation
Minnie Mouse Birthday Invitation
Sample Minnie Mouse Birthday Invitation
Printable Minnie Mouse Birthday Invitation
Minnie Mouse 1st Birthday Invitation
Minnie Mouse Birthday Party Invitation
Mickey Mouse Birthday Invitation
Baby Mickey Mouse Birthday Invitation
Mickey Mouse Clubhouse Birthday Invitation
Sample Mickey Mouse Birthday Invitation
Mickey Mouse Birthday Invitation Card
Printable Birthday Invitation
Printable Kids Birthday Invitation
Printable Birthday Invitation Card
Printable 21st Birthday Invitation
Importance of Celebrating Birthdays
A birthday celebration will only occur in every person’s life once in every year. This event also marks a very important milestone. Since this is one special occasion, people then will have this certain mindset to make the event as memorable and as significant as it can be.
Some are even willing to allocate a huge sum of money just to have a grand birthday party. There are also who are not affirmative with the idea. Regardless if they don’t spend that much for the event, as long as everyone is having fun, that is enough to call it “a memorable birthday” indeed.
Greeting a “Happy Birthday” to a friend, family member, relative, or to even your acquaintances is a recognition of the event in which a celebrant has no control over with.
It always feels amazing to recognize someone and make them feel more special and loved, especially on their special day. Also, birth signifies your beginning. The moment you were born on this planet, that marks the day of your birth.
It is a path to the never ending chance of existence, the chance to accomplish your one-of-a-kind mission in this world. Frankly speaking, a birthday is a chips-are-down occasion to be celebrated just as a country commemorates its birth or as an organization celebrates its founding.
Yet, it is more than just a blissful event of receiving gifts, it is a chance to dwell upon the day that a major event happened to celebrate and be thankful and to contemplate upon how well we are fulfilling our task in life.
Different Birthday Celebrations around the World
Generally, birthdays are receiving gifts, blowing of a candle cake, lots and lots of food, and the iconic birthday cake. But did you know that other countries celebrate birthdays differently, it may seem unusual from the basic ones we have, but for them, it’s already part of their tradition.
- An abundance of Piñatas and large parties in Panama. The piñata serves as the most necessary thing. They are usually made to resemble a character to correspond with a theme. It is filled with candy and confetti and is either hit with a stick or there are ribbons on it to pull. When the cake is served, the happy birthday song is often sung in two languages, Spanish and English. The cake is served with ice cream. The extended family is invited and sometimes up to 100 children are invited.
- Cake, candles, and song flow in the USA. A cake is baked, and birthday candles are put on top, usually in a form of a number candle to represent the celebrant’s new age. Then everyone sings the “Happy Birthday to You” song, and at the end of the song, the birthday celebrant blows out the candles. If all candles will be out with just one blow, his or her birthday wishes will come true.
- Everyone’s birthday is celebrated on New Year’s Day in Vietnam. The Vietnamese do not know or recognize the exact day they were born. A baby turns one on Tet no matter when he or she was born that year. Children say they were born in the year of the symbol of the lunar calendar for that year.
These are just some birthday traditions in different countries that we now know. Generally, regardless if we have various styles when it comes to celebrating a birthday, it still signifies one thing, and that is being grateful for another year in this world.
Other related topics: Birthday Examples
Frozen Birthday Invitation
Disney Frozen Birthday Invitation
Sample Frozen Birthday Invitation
Personalized Frozen Birthday Invitation
50th Birthday Invitation
Funny 50th Birthday Invitation
Surprise 50th Birthday Invitation
50th Birthday Invitation Card
Minecraft Birthday Invitation
Printable Minecraft Birthday Invitation
Minecraft Photo Birthday Invitation
Minecraft Birthday Invitation Card
Minecraft Birthday Party Invitation
Star Wars Birthday Invitation
Lego Star Wars Birthday Invitation
Printable Star Wars Birthday Invitation
Star Wars Birthday Invitation Card
60th Birthday Invitation
Surprise 60th Birthday Invitation
Sample 60th Birthday Invitation
Funny 60th Birthday Invitation
60th Birthday Invitation Card
Free 60th Birthday Invitation
In the Gregorian calendar, February in a leap year has 29 days instead of the usual 28, so the year lasts 366 days instead of the usual 365.
A person born on February 29 may be called a “leapling” or a “leaper.” In common years, they usually celebrate their birthdays on February 28. In some situations, March 1 is used as the birthday in a non-leap year since it is the day following February 28.
Technically, a leapling will have fewer birthday anniversaries than their age in years. This phenomenon is used when a person claims to be only a quarter of their actual age, by counting their leap-year birthday anniversaries only.
Some Random Birthday Facts That Might Interest You
- The melody for the Happy Birthday song was first written by two sisters namely, Mildred and Patty Hill.
- Germans take birthdays very seriously. They even receive a half-day of vacation. The most common gifts among friends include flowers and wine.
- The world’s most expensive birth certificate was auctioned in March 1997, for US $84,146, and it was from Paul McCartney.
- Today or every day, there are at least 15 million people who are celebrating their birthday.
- There’s something called “the birthday paradox” which means that if there’s at least 23 people in a room and that there’s a 50/50 chance at least two people will share the same birthday. But if you increase the people in the room to 60 or more (probably will create a stampede!), then there’s a 99% chance that two people or more will have the same birthday.
- The biggest recorded birthday cake in the world was made in 1989 for the 100th birthday of Fort Payne Alabama. This record breaking cake was in the shape of Alabama and weighed 128,238 pounds 8 ounces with over 16,000 pounds of icing.
- World population has increased by around 76,570,430 since your last birthday. In the time it takes you to read this another five babies will have been born.
- Even though you might celebrate your birthday every year, your actual birthday only occurs once every 7 years! Not counting the leap years, the date you were born on moves each year to the following day of the week. This means your annual celebration is actually for your birth date—not your birthday—and in reality your birthday which is the exact day you were born on happens only every 7 years!
- In Brunei, their Sultan hosted the world’s most expensive birthday party. It is to celebrate his 50th birthday on July 13, 1996. The total sum was a whopping US $27.2 million. Three concerts featuring Michael Jackson costs US $16 million of the total amounts.
- A very long time ago, it was only kings who are allowed to have birthday parties because no one else was considered important enough to have a celebration.
You might find some of these trivia are unreal but believe or not, all of these are recorded and are all true. Some are just willing to do everything or spend millions just to celebrate a birthday party, amazing isn’t it?
Kids Birthday Invitation
Kids First Birthday Invitation
Free Kids Birthday Invitation
Kids Birthday Invitation Card
Kids Birthday Party Invitation
Kids Birthday Dinner Invitation
Surprise Birthday Invitation
40th Surprise Birthday Invitation
50th Surprise Birthday Invitation
60th Surprise Birthday Invitation
Surprise Birthday Party Invitation
Surprise Birthday Invitation Card
Princess Birthday Invitation
Disney Princess Birthday Invitation
Pirate and Princess Birthday Invitation
Printable Princess Birthday Invitation
Princess 1st Birthday Invitation
Birthday Photo Invitation
Mickey Mouse Photo Birthday Invitation
Sample Photo Birthday Invitation
Frozen Photo Birthday Invitation
Photo collage Birthday Invitation
Birthday Photo Invitation Card
Vintage Birthday Invitation
Free Vintage Birthday Invitation
Vintage Birthday Invitation Card
Vintage Carnival Birthday Invitation
Vintage Circus Birthday Invitation
Vintage Birthday Party Invitation
Birthday Invitation Card
Happy Birthday Invitation Card
First Birthday Invitation Card
Birthday Party Invitation Card
Royal Birthday Invitation Card
Free Birthday Invitation Card
DIY Birthday Invitation
Free DIY Birthday Invitation
Printable DIY Birthday Invitation
DIY Birthday Invitation Card
DIY Frozen Birthday Invitation
DIY Princess Birthday Invitation
Hello Kitty Birthday Invitation
Free Hello Kitty Birthday Invitation
Printable Hello Kitty Birthday Invitation
Hello Kitty 1st Birthday Invitation
Hello Kitty Birthday Party Invitation
Baby Birthday Invitation
Baby’s 1st Birthday Invitation
Baby Boy Birthday Invitation
Baby Birthday Invitation Card
Nautical Birthday Invitation
Nautical 1st Birthday Invitation
Nautical Birthday Invitation Card
Nautical Birthday Party Invitation
Retro Birthday Invitation
Vintage Retro Birthday Invitation
Retro Birthday Party Invitation
Retro Birthday Invitation Card
Free Retro Birthday Invitation
Chalkboard Birthday Invitation
Chalkboard 1st Birthday Invitation
Chalkboard Birthday Invitation Card
Printable Chalkboard Birthday Invitation
Chalkboard Birthday Party Invitation
Invitations will never be missed out when throwing a birthday party. It will always be part of the preparation. If you want to display your creativity, and you prefer to create invitations manually. Then below are some simple steps for you to follow.
DIY steps for birthday invitation card
- Always remember to use inviting words such as “you’re invited to….” “come join us for…” or “help us to celebrate.” Put this at the top part of your invitation card. Ensure to make it more fascinating and appealing. Use a positive tone always and never use negative or foul words.
- Choose the appropriate theme. You need to make sure to select a stunning selection of themes designed to express a range of aesthetic moods. Choose one that speaks to you, and then enjoy the exhilaration of customizing it to make it your own.
- Decide on your image. However, you want to incorporate images into your invitation, always match it with the theme that you have. Upload or search for the perfect graphic to complement your text, and then change, crop, zoom or collage it to create an eye-catching invitation.
- Do not forget to add necessary details. Be particular about everything your guests should know and what to expect for the event. The important information that you need to add are the following: Detail where the party is, when will it be, and what time it will start. These information will then be put right below the title. In case a birthday is a surprise, stress out the importance of promptness, and do not forget to add “Sshhh” so that they will know that it is a top secret. Inform your guests to arrive at least 1 hour prior the guest of honor, just in case anyone shows up late.
- Inform your guests in advance what to bring. If the party will be held at a pool, beach, or some other event, provide details to your guests as to what they will need to take part in the activity. You do not want someone to be left out of an activity because they were unaware of what they needed to have. On the bottom part of your invitation, you may write “Things to bring” and then list out important items guests will need.
- Inform your guests to RSVP. This will allow you to keep track of how much food, drinks, or other goods you may need. The last thing on the invitation should be a request for RSVP. You can provide your phone number, address, or email address. It depends on you if you want them to call you up, reply through mail, or send a response via email.
For those who still prefer fast and easy way, invitation templates are the best choice. You only need to select whatever design it is that you like or that you think will match to the event. You can download it, and make some alterations. Simple, isn’t it? Good thing we offer a wide range of invitation card design such as office birthday invitation, Minnie Mouse design, or princess birthday design. We have them all. These are download-ready and are for free! So what are you waiting for? Download your own copy now.