Textures play a vital role in ensuring that a design can stand out through its original and unique appearance. A texture should not only be pleasing to touch but it also should be visually striking. Graphic designers take a lot of time to make sure that the textures that they will create are fitting to the material or item where these textures will be used. The use of textures is one of the most powerful tools for creating compelling graphic art without relying on the complexity of different elements. They can evoke emotion and bring life to any design.
Part of the reason textures are so useful to designers is the relative ease of the integrating one into a design if a high-quality textured image already exists, not to mention the endless possibilities. That is why on this page, we gathered a collection of Stone Textures as great additions to your arsenal of Photoshop tools and will help give your design process a boost. Most of these textures are free to download, but you may have to check for restrictions if you’re planning to use them commercially. So, scroll down and choose your pick.
Stone Wall Textures
Stone Block Wall Texture
Interior Stone Wall Texture
Dry Stone Wall Texture
Stone Cladding Textures
Natural Stone Cladding Texture
Exterior Stone Cladding Texture
Stone Tile Cladding Texture
Stone Floor Textures
White Stone Floor Texture
Stone Pebbles Floor Texture
Seamless Stone Textures
Seamless Sandstone Texture
Seamless Dark Stone Texture
Free Seamless Stone Texture
Minecraft Stone Textures
Minecraft Stone Slab Texture
Minecraft Age Stone Texture
Why Use These Stone Textures
Using textures is a powerful technique in producing lifelike design projects. There are many ways on how to use these stone textures to produce compelling and lifelike design projects and some of them are discussed below.
- They bring organic life to your designs. Stone textures infuses life and brings a solid characteristics and beauty when implemented into your design. They are perfect to use for designs that require a rough and natural finish.
- They create experimental designs. Textures include a broad spectrum of elements that gives you results that are only limited by the imagination. These stone textures, along with other kinds like Rustic Textures, lets you create unique and even experimental graphic compositions.
- They solicit visual interest. Textured graphics can be used in your designs to feature depth and detail, which generate a lot of visual interest from the audience. Putting clean elements over a stone background creates an overall striking image.
- They build three-dimensional layers. Having a static image is one thing, but using textures to create a sense that your image is three-dimensional is another. Stone textures in a combination of opacity and transparency adjustments can help you achieve this effect.
- They make a bold statement. Using nonconventional patterns such as the ones on this page fuse with other elements like typography produces variations and diversity in designs that creates a powerful statement without the need for complicated design compositions.
- They allow more elaborate designs. With the stone texture’s unconventional qualities, you can add more interesting aspects to your design. It allows you to experiment and be more crafty to create some cool and edgy masterpieces.
- They give you more freedom. You usually get a uniform and rigid textures for designs but with these textures, you can get both strong and subtle textures in one which eliminates the restrictions you usually have when designing realistic images.
For more choices of different textures, you can also take a look at our collection of Wall Textures.
Paving Stone Textures
Regular Paving Stone Texture
Paving Cobble Stone Texture
High Quality Paving Stone Texture
Tileable Stone Textures
Tileable Rough Stone Texture
Tileable Grey Stone Texture
Tileable Rock Stone Texture
Stone Brick Textures
Modern Stone Brick Texture
Polished Stone Brick Texture
Cracked Stone Brick Texture
Stone Ground Textures
Sand Stone Ground Texture
Granite Stone Ground Texture
Abstract Stone Ground Texture
Photoshop Stone Textures
Photoshop Mixed Stone Texture
Photoshop Realistic Stone Texture
Photoshop Gravel Stone Texture
When to Use Stone Textures
From time to time, you would want to employ stone textures into your design especially if you want to produce high-quality and photorealistic designs with a distinct look and feel. Stone textures have characteristics that can be used for a variety of purposes and occasions like the following.
- On website backgrounds. When you play with its transparency and opacity, this kind of texture is great for backgrounds of webpages as they do not steal the spotlight from the important elements of your personal blog or business website.
- For 3D modeling. A nice stone wall or pavement created using these textures provides the modern, edgy look that is perfect for 3D modeling or industrial themes which are great in producing high-quality and photorealistic designs.
- When creating icons. With its ability to blend in the background, stone textures are also great for icons to use as the background for texts and other objects instead of using solid and loud complementary colors.
- For logos. Just like icons, these stone textures can also be used in creating logos as a background or skin for its elements. They are great for industrial companies like the ones that produce or manufacture construction materials.
- When creating labels. Stone textures can help labels be more three dimensional especially when proper usage of shadows are applied in the design process. This helps the product to look more interesting. You can also do this when creating labels for your personal things especially when this kind of texture fits your personality and aesthetic.
- On designs that need an oomph. Although they are simple in nature, a little bit of gray and subtle color will give your design a little edge than any plain and solid image just like what these stone textures give. These textures are also creative and original.
- On designs with texts. Aside from using a solid color for your background that compliments the color of your text, why not use a subtle stone texture to put a quote into a text image that is more sophisticated and trustworthy?
- For other design practices. These stone textures, along with other textures such as Splatter Textures, can be used as great alternatives to patterns, gradients, and filters. They can be used as an overlay to any image, elements or shapes to achieve the desired effect.
High Resolution Stone Textures
High Resolution Coral Stone Texture
High Resolution Red Stone Texture
High Resolution Flat Stone Texture
3D Stone Textures
3D Max Stone Texture
3D Stone Square Texture
3D Artificial Stone Texture
Blender Stone Textures
Blender Sculpt Stone Texture
Blender Broken Stone Texture
Blender Road Stone Texture
Marble Stone Textures
Light Cream Marble Stone Texture
Black and White Marble Stone Texture
Stone Concrete Textures
Stone Stamped Concrete Texture
Stone Concrete Grunge Texture
Stone Concrete Cement Texture
How to Use Stone Textures in Design
While textures have been a trend in design for a long time, its overuse and frequent misuse have left a bad taste and its benefits overlooked. Here are some tips and ways to ensure textures guide the user’s eye and emphasize the key elements instead of being the main focus of your designs.
- Choose your textures logically. Make sure to choose textures that are relevant and logical to the subject of your design. For example, Aluminum Textures will make a lot of sense when used in websites for industrial companies. It should help build identity, rather than just looking good.
- Consider what you are trying to achieve. It’s easy to get carried away when using textures but you have to keep in mind the final effect that you want to achieve and make sure that your vision is perfectly executed. Dwelling too long in choosing the right texture will never get you done.
- Make sure it serves a purpose. Using stone textures for aesthetic purposes may require some more thought before finalizing your design. If it doesn’t improve your design, take it out. Using stone textures for subtlety and nuance sounds like a better plan and a better way to go about it.
- Ensure that the text where you will place the texture is still readable. It is one thing to design a text, and another to make it standout while still being understood. As an artist, it is your responsibility to make sure that the stone texture that you will use will not make the text not readable.
- Never sacrifice quality for loading time. Using textures on your web pages can require some loading time especially when used as backgrounds or other larger elements. Yet, you don’t need to sacrifice the quality of your texture. Repeating texture patterns is a good way to save time.
The stone textures you find on this page can be a great tool to create stunning designs and images. They are easy to use as well as apply in your design or any creative work. They have certain characteristics but they can be used for a variety of purposes and occasions. They are gathered here to help you create a rich artwork and a masterpiece that you can surely be proud of. Also, the textures can be downloaded for free and comes in high-resolution PSD, PNG, and Vector EPS formats that you can choose from depending on what you need and how you are going to use them.
We have a huge spectrum of texture and other art elements available on the site, so feel free to browse and find just the right ingredient for your designs. With that being said, don’t forget to check out at our compilation of Rainbow Textures for more unique and fun texture ideas.