As the popular saying goes, “Simplicity is beauty,” subtle visual elements are as, if not, more effective. Designers need not to be extreme when trying to make any design into a certain look—be it rugged, sweet, cool, or even futuristic. Excessive use of design trends often results in its inability to communicate information and losing its visual appeal.
Just like the subtle Photoshop textures we have compiled on this page, you can incorporate them to any design task and create a stunning visual image that screams simplicity at its finest. Contrary to popular belief, subtle textures can also express something unique or innovative when used appropriately and with good taste.
Also, see our other Free Textures available on our site, which are especially selected and curated for your every creative need.
61+ Designer Templates in Word, Excel, PSD, Google Docs, InDesign, Apple Pages, HTML5, WordPress, Publisher, Apple Numbers, Illustrator - START DOWNLOADING
Photoshop Subtle Grunge Textures
Photoshop Distress Subtle Texture
Subtle Neutral Canvas Texture
Vintage Subtle Textures
When to Use These Subtle Textures
Subtle textures have certain characteristics, but they can be used for a variety of purposes and occasions.
- On website backgrounds. This kind of texture is great for backgrounds of Web pages as they do not steal the spotlight from the important elements of your personal blog or business website.
- On designs that need an oomph. Although they are simple in nature, a little bit of grey and subtle color will give your design a little edge than any plain and solid image. These textures are also creative and original.
- On designs with texts. Aside from using a solid color for your background that compliments the color of your text, why not use a subtle texture to put a quote into a text image that is more sophisticated and trustworthy?
- On other design practices. These Photoshop Texture Sets can be used as great alternatives to patterns, gradients, and filters. They can be used as an overlay to any image, elements, or shapes to achieve a desired effect.
Subtle Concrete Texture
Subtle Fabric Texture for Photoshop
Dark Subtle Texture
Subtle Photoshop Dirt Texture
Why You Should Use Subtle Textures
They can be a great tool to create stunning designs and images. Subtle textures are easy to use as well as apply in your design or any creative work, so you should use them.
- For a polished look. An empty background could give your page’s visitor an impression of an unfinished job. A background with subtle textures can make them feel that the page their viewing was done with thought, thus valuable.
- For designing minimalist. Minimalist designs generate more retention and better understanding of the information presented by visual tools. Excessive design elements turn off viewers but not with subtle textures.
- For avoiding emptiness. Putting a background on any creative work can be a pain in the neck. You don’t want to leave your object to appear floating in nowhere and or its environment have an empty feeling.
- For professionalism. While most loud textures and colors create a fun and energetic atmosphere, subtle ones convey a laid-back but still interesting mood, especially when used in business collateral.
The textures found here can be downloaded for free and comes in high-resolution PSD, PNG, and Vector EPS formats that you can choose from depending on what you need and how you are going to use them. Don’t forget to check out all of our Texture Collections on Template.net.