Even in an era of minimalist designs and flat icons, vintage textures and patterns have yet to lost its popularity among designers. It is still a great way to give a strong personality to your graphic or web design ideas by setting an atmosphere of timelessness. The vintage look is composed of a vast range of styles which could span decades as well as genres.
Seeing how designers of today are able to bridge the gap between the past and the present is amazing. Getting inspiration from the design movements of pre-Photoshop, pre-Sketch, or pre-Illustrator times, they were able to create something old to something new again. With this, we have gathered some vintage paper Photoshop textures for you to download and use.
61+ Designer Templates in Word, Excel, PSD, Google Docs, InDesign, Apple Pages, HTML5, WordPress, Publisher, Apple Numbers, Illustrator - START DOWNLOADING
Vintage Art Paper Textures
Damaged Vintage Paper Texture
Vintage Folded Paper Texture
25 Vintage Paper Textures
Antique Vintage Paper Texture
Vintage Old Paper Texture
High-Resolutiom Vintage Paper Texture
Watercolor Vintage Paper Texture
Identifying a Paper Texture with Vintage Style
Vintage paper textures are identified with the following factors:
- It evokes nostalgia. The nostalgic properties of a texture or pattern which reminds you of your childhood are some of the ways to identify a vintage style from the others. Examples of these are appearance and qualities of the object.
- It comes with age. Another factor is the perception of age. As time influences how things appear, signs of the aging processes, such as slight pixelation, yellowing, curled or ripped edges, and damage or decay, are easy to spot.
- It has a certain visual style. Aside from nostalgic value and aging being hallmarks of vintage design, picking up visual pointers and cues such as colors and decorations that reference a certain era is a great way to associate something to the vintage aesthetic.
4 Vintage Paper Textures
Vintage Grunge Paper Texture
Seamless Vintage Paper Texture
Vintage Folded Paper Texture
Why You Should Use Vintage Paper Textures
Here are some reasons and benefits on why you should use vintage paper textures:
- To grab attention. Using vintage paper textures to highlight titles, headings, icons, and buttons provide a classic feel to these elements. If used wisely, it can separate the element from the rest of the content and guide the user’s eye directly to the object.
- To enhance information structure. In order to enhance the effectiveness of an information architecture, one can use these vintage paper textures in lines, boxes, or contrasting backgrounds to separate the content of a Web page into logical divisions.
- To build an identity. Vintage paper textures can be used by websites or products to build an atmosphere other than displaying information in their content. It is one way to enhance the website’s identity, which will enable users to identify with the brand.
- It is classic and timeless. The vintage look gives designs a sense of timelessness and classic feel to your designs. With its raw and organic nature, it provides more options in designing stuff associated with objects from the past.
- It has an unpolished finish. Vintage patterns are perfect to use in designs that require an old-fashioned and rough finish. Whether it’s a movie poster or a classic product advertisement, it is a stark contrast to any polished designs.
- It can be elaborate without looking overdecorated. With its old and aged effects, you can add more interesting and elaborate aspects in your design. It allows you to experiment and be more crafty to create some edgy masterpieces.
For more retro or classic ideas, don’t forget to see our collection of old paper textures as well.