No matter how many people you have dated in the past, there will come a time when you will finally find someone with whom you want to spend our forever. Once you have found “the one,” then the wedding will follow. Although the wedding is one of the most important events any one can experience in their lifetime, there are a myriad of things that you need to prepare for your wedding. You may also see invitation examples.
60+ FREE WEDDING Templates - Download Now Microsoft Word (DOC), Google Docs, Apple (MAC) Pages, Adobe Photoshop (PSD), Adobe InDesign (INDD & IDML), Microsoft Publisher, Adobe Illustrator (AI), Google Sheets (SPREADSHEETS)
One of the important things that need your careful consideration are your wedding invitations. Of course, you want your friends and families to witness the biggest and most special day in your life so that is why you need to send out wedding invitations to them.
Destination Wedding Invitation Template
Nautical Wedding Invitation Template
Groomsmen Invitation Card Template
Camo Wedding Invitation Template
Halloween Wedding Invitation Template
Lace Wedding Invitation Template
Fairytale Wedding Invitation Template
Sample Destination Wedding Invitations
Destination Love Wedding Invitations
Destination Beach Wedding Invitations
Destination Wedding Reception Invitations
Sample Email Wedding Invitations
Wedding Shower Email Invitations
Sample Wedding Shower Invitations
Surprise Wedding Shower Invitations
Traditional Wedding Shower Invitations
Peacock Wedding Invitation
Wedding Celebration Invitation
Wedding Anniversary Celebration Invitation
Wedding Reception Celebration Invitation
Wedding Cocktail Invitation
Cocktail Wedding Shower Invitation
Cocktail Wedding Reception Invitations
What Is a Wedding Invitation?
Wikipedia defines wedding invitation as a letter requesting the recipient to be present during the event. It is usually sent out to the recipient at least five weeks before the scheduled wedding date. Many years ago, wedding invitation were usually written by hand. But with today’s modern technology, wedding invitations are commercially printed using the following different methods:
- Letterpress printing
- Compression plate process
- Offset printing
However, if you are an artistically inclined couple, you can go the traditional way and try handing out calligraphy wedding invitations (if you have a small guest list).
Importance of a Good Wedding Invitation Card
The aesthetic aspect of your wedding invitation cards can affect the first impression of the guests about your upcoming wedding. While first impression can be lasting, it is important to choose carefully the design of your wedding invitation card. Being able to choose the right design can do wonders in ensuring your guests that they will have a fun and memorable experience on your wedding day.
That is why before you send out wedding invitations to your guests, it is important to make sure that the graphic visualization of the card matches perfectly with your wedding theme. Say, if you and your loved one are planning for an out-of-town wedding, then make sure to give out destination wedding invitations to advise your guests that the ceremony will be held a few miles away from the comfort of home.
A good wedding invitation should be informative to your guests; thus, it must contain essential information such as the details of the wedding venue, date, time, names of the hosts and participants, and the dress codes. With this information, you give your guests enough time to prepare for the event.
While there are a number of soon-to-be-married couples who do not give much attention to the details of their wedding invitations or might even think that this is just a waste of time and money, a wedding invitation is a crucial element in making your wedding memorable to all of your guest. And if you think you are short on the financial department and cannot afford to use the services a printing press, there are a lot of free printable wedding invitations you can download on our website.
Wedding Announcement Invitation
Personalized Wedding Announcement Invitation
DIY Wedding Announcement Invitations
Wedding Lunch Invitations
Wedding Rehearsal Lunch Invitations
Bridal Wedding Lunch Invitations
Wedding Lunch Party Invitation
Wedding Event Invitation
Wedding Event Party Invitation
Wedding Ceremony Event Invitation
Printable Wedding Event Invitation
Wedding Peacock Invitation
Peacock Feather Wedding Invitation
DIY Peacock Wedding Invitation
Vintage Peacock Wedding Invitation
Garden Wedding Invitation
Garden Wedding Shower Invitation
Garden Themed Wedding Invitation
Garden Party Wedding Invitation
Designing the Perfect Wedding Invitations
While there are people who probably think that wedding invitations are just mere pretty pieces of paper, they are in fact the best tool for your wedding preparation and organization. So, how do you make your wedding invitations perfect and memorable to our guests? Simple, just take time to exert extra effort into your wedding invitations.
And since some of your guests will probably receive other wedding invitations, why not make yours stand out by making it unique and fun? So, below are some tips on how you can craft a wedding invitation that is just plain perfect!
- Make sure to carefully organize the information of your wedding. You can start by making list of guests. This will help you determine of the number of guests who will be attending the event. Do not also forget to include vital information, such as the whos, whens, wheres, dress codes, and accommodations. Additionally, if your guests will be traveling lengthy distances and are not quite familiar with the wedding venue, do not hesitate to include directions or a mini map. This will help make your guests remember the details clearly.
- Decide on the wedding theme. After you have finalize your guest list and other important wedding information, you will need to make sure that the theme of your invitation will perfectly match with the theme of your wedding celebration. Setting the theme helps your guests have an idea of what to expect on your wedding.
- Make them anticipate and look forward to the big day. Surprise them with a decorative and fancy-looking envelope when they open their mailboxes, as this gives a sense of excitement that something great is about to happen. This will make them look forward to attending the event.
- Make them feel special by choosing the right wordings and phrases. Choosing the right font for your wedding invitation can also create an aura of love and appreciation. You can make your wording and phrases personal, but make sure to proofread them to save yourself from any grammatical or spelling errors.
- Decide on the wedding motif. If you do not have time to design your wedding invitations and would prefer to download them online, make sure to effectively choose the right color scheme for your wedding invitation. Expert designers recommend to limit the colors to 3 at most. Extremely colorful wedding invitations can be overwhelming to look at. You can get some inspirations from these beautiful watercolor wedding invitations.
- Templates are one way to go. While there are a wide selection of wedding images and backgrounds that you can choose from, it is important to choose the one that would reflect your wedding celebration. You can check out these amazing printable vintage wedding invitations or this collection of the best photo wedding invitations. You can download whatever fascinates you for free!
Incorporating these ideas into your wedding invitations can make your guest see that you have poured your whole heart and soul for the preparation of your wedding day. This will make them more excited to attend the celebration of you and your bride’s love.
Wedding Party Invitation
Wedding Anniversary Party Invitation
Wedding Celebration Party Invitation
Wedding Reception Party Invitation
Handmade Wedding Invitation
Handmade Beach Wedding Invitation
Handmade Paper Wedding Invitation
Vintage Handmade Wedding Invitation
Floral Wedding Invitation
Watercolor Floral Wedding Invitation
Chalkboard Floral Wedding Invitation
Floral Garden Wedding Invitation
Photo Wedding Invitation
Photo Wedding Invitation
Photo Wedding Shower Invitation
Personalized Photo Wedding Invitations
Pocket Wedding Invitation
Lace Pocket Wedding Invitation
Handmade Pocket Wedding Invitation
Square Pocket Wedding Invitation
Email Destination Wedding Invitations
Basic Types of Wedding Invitations You Can Choose From
Wedding invitations are not created equal, which is a good thing, because if they are, it would be extremely boring. Wedding invitations can come in different stationery or printing techniques. However, it is highly important that you will be able to choose the right combination. Before you choose the one perfect for you, make sure to take note of your wedding style, personal requirements or preferences, and your budget. To make the task easier on your part, you can get some useful insights from these modern wedding invitations.
But before you start browsing the internet, we have gathered here a list of the common types of wedding invitations for a quick rundown.
- Handwritten Wedding Invitations – As what the it implies, this type of wedding invitation are written by hand. Despite the modern printing machines, handwritten wedding invitations remained one of the popular choices among soon to be married couples. One of the most commonly used technique for handwritten wedding invitations is calligraphy. What is great about this is that you are guaranteed that your wedding invitations are carefully crafted by hand.
- Engraved Wedding Invitations – Engraving technique was first used in 1642. The process involved in this technique can be complicated because the wording of the invitation is usually carved onto the copper plate. The carved plate is placed in the press and inked. The paper used for the invitation will then be printed with inked plate.
- Letterpress Wedding Invitations – Whether you are looking for a classic or modern wedding invitation, the letterpress is the perfect choice for you. It uses a metal plate to indent the text and graphics into a thick paper or stationery. Using this time tested technique can effectively reflect both tradition and elegance.
- Contemporary Wedding Invitations – What sets this type of wedding invitation apart from the others is that it incorporates a variety of colors and designs, such as a photo of the soon-to-be-married couple or artistic pictures of flowers. This is the perfect choice if you want to customize your wedding invitation.
- Digital Wedding Invitations – Over the passing years, this type of wedding invitation is becoming an increasingly popular choice among couples. It is a practical way to save money and time because you will only have to invest in a high quality digital printer. This is the perfect choice if you prefer to download geometric wedding invitations from the internet. The benefits that comes with digital wedding invitations is that it showcases vivid, dramatic colors and detailed designs while getting your desired number of invitations within a short period of time.
Now that you have learned everything you need to know about wedding invitations, it would not be too hard for you to choose the one that reflects your personal style and preferences. Just make sure choose what your heart truly wants.