When it comes to payments for transactions, you may be familiar with invoice receipts, which state the cost of the transaction and the fact that it has been paid for. Of course, if you have a small business, you might want to use an invoice template so as to give you more options for their use.
45+ Accounting Services Templates in PDF, Word, Excel, PSD, Google Docs, InDesign, Apple Pages, Google Sheets, Publisher, Apple Numbers, Illustrator - START DOWNLOADING
Small Business Invoice Template
Your own invoices can take different forms, such as a retail invoice, depending on the nature of your business. This might be a good reason to use small business invoice templates, being able to make your invoices however you please. This way, you can be sure that your invoices are exactly how you want.
Small Business Invoice in Excel
Simple Small Business
Why Would You Want to Use Small Business Invoice Templates?
There are several benefits that would come of using tools like billing invoice templates and invoice templates such that would entice you to use them yourself, such as:
- Automated invoices, as you can use the basic template as the basis to make all your invoices from now on.
- Flexibility of use, as you can fill up the invoices with whatever categories you want so as to let them serve any kind of business you have.
- Time-saving, as the existence of the templates saves you from having to make your templates from scratch.
How to Write a Small Business Invoice
Writing your own small business invoice templates is much like making any other kind of business invoice, as these invoices are much alike.
- Start by including your company’s name, contact information, and address, and the recipient’s details afterward.
- Also include the date and invoice number near the top.
- Below, arrange the different categories like item description, quantity, and price into a table. Give each category its own column so that you can find out each one’s price.
- Include space for the total so that you can find out how much everything costs.
- At the bottom of the page, also include payment methods so that customers have that information.
Small Business Management
Small Business Tax
Guidelines for Using Small Business Invoice Templates
As with most basic invoice templates, there are some tips you may wish to keep in mind. After all, tools like proforma invoice templates can only do so much of the work themselves. So when you get around to filling in some of the data yourself, you may do well to use these tips to assist you with using the templates.
- Do not forget to include any parts. This includes contact information and invoice numbers, so that you can be contacted in case of any disputes.
- Keep your invoice simple. This way it is easier for your clients to understand it themselves. This also makes it easier for yourself, as you can more easily refer to the invoice in case of disputes.
- Double-check before finishing. This way you ensure that you have not omitted anything, and that your total is summed up correctly.
- Make sure to include individual prices to see how they add up. This way makes it easier to sum it up, and allows clients to do the calculations themselves to ensure correct calculations.
While you may want to use these templates, there are others available on this site, in case you need something more than what this page can provide.