10+ Invoice Templates in Apple Pages
When it comes to transactions between a buyer and seller, the buyer will definitely want proof that he/she is going to receive what was promised in exchange for the price asked by the seller. Not only that, but both parties will want to remember important details such as when the transaction took place and what items were involved.
One document that’s made specifically for aiding with that would happen to be an invoice. This article is going to teach you all that you need to know in order for you to be able to properly make one.
Elements of an Invoice
When the time comes that you need to make an invoice, you should know that there a couple of basic elements that you must never forget to include. They are what guarantees that the document is able to serve its purpose: to provide both the client and the provider with all the details regarding the transaction that is about to take place between them.
So with that, here are the basic elements:
1. Company Information: The person who will be receiving the printed invoice will want to know exactly who he/she is doing business with. So all you have to do here is to put in the name of the company, along with other information such as contact details and the company’s address.
2. Date: It is very important that you do not forget to include the date in which the invoice was created and sent. This is because you might have to recall when the transaction happened, so knowing the date will definitely come in handy. When putting it in the document, make sure to include the month, day, and year.
3. Invoice: This is another important element that you must never forget to include. Take note that every invoice should have its own unique invoice number. This is because the invoice number is what you or the client/customer will be using in order to keep track of a particular transaction and all of its details. Just be sure that simple invoices do not have the same invoice number so that there won’t be any complications when trying to retrieve the one you need.
4. List of Goods and Services: Both parties will want to learn exactly what been provided. So it is here where you will need to point out what kind of goods and services the customer/client received, along with other information such as a proper description of each item, the quantity in which they were provided and so on.
5. Payment Details: This is where you will need to point out exactly how much the client/customer needs to pay the service provider in order to compensate for the goods and services that were received. Not only that but you it is here where you will also need to point out things such as the terms of payment, the method of payment, etc.
10+ Invoice Templates in Apple Pages
Cleaning Invoice Template
Graphic Design Invoice Template
Freelancer Invoice Template
Rental Invoice Template
Plumbing Invoice Template
Tax Invoice Template
Simple Invoice Template
Modern Invoice Template
Retail Invoice Template
Travel Invoice Template
How to Make an Invoice via Apple Pages
The next thing that you are going to have to learn is how to make the invoice. If you want the document to be able to provide both parties with the information that they need, then you have to make sure that you are able to make it properly.
So here are the steps that will allow you to come up with a proper invoice via Apple Pages:
1. Open Up Apple Pages: If you are going to make a sample invoice via Apple pages, then you will need to gain access to the program. Take note that Apple Pages can only be opened with an iOS device such as Macs. If you do not have one, then it is best that you use other programs such as Microsoft Word to help you in coming up with your invoice. If you do have one, then be sure to do the following:
- Click on the “Pages: icon.
- Choose from the list of templates that you want to use in order to make your invoice
- Click Choose to open a new document by using the template you selected.
If you like, you can use the same method to help you come up with other documents as well.
2. Make Your Invoice: Next is that you will need to actually make the invoice. Remember that you need to put in the necessary information in order for it to do what it is supposed to. So be sure to do the following:
- Take note of all the details regarding the transaction: When it comes to making your invoice, you have to check and see that you have not forgotten to include all of the necessary details. This includes everything from the name of the client and the company, to the goods and services that should be provided. If you are having trouble remembering, then you can check out the samples of templates to help remind you about what you need to put into your invoice.
- Remember to know who you are supposed to be sending it to: You want to make sure that the invoice you have made is sent to the right person. So all you have to do here is to know that person’s complete name, address, and contact details, then place them all into the invoice. That way, you won’t have to deal with problems such as sending it to the wrong person.
- Go with a proper format: When it comes to making any type of invoice, you have to consider the format that you are going for. What this means is that you need to think about the font and font size that you are going to use, as well as how the information should be presented. This is so that you can guarantee that whatever you put into the document are things that you and the client/customer can easily understand. If you don’t know what format you should go for, then you can check out the many different samples of invoices to give you an idea.
Tips for Making an Invoice
1. Calculate Everything Properly: The last thing that you want to happen is a customer or client complaining about overpaying for whatever he/she received. To avoid such problems, it is always best for you to check if you have calculated everything right. Be sure to consider everything from the amount of tax that has to be included to the quantity of every item that factors into the actual price.
2. Check to see if the invoice has all of the information it needs: Before you finalize the document and send it to the client/customer, it’s best that you check and see if it has all of the information it should have. Remember that this document is meaningless unless it has everything from the names of both parties and other details regarding the transaction. Do a double-check just to make sure that you don’t miss out on anything important.
Types of Invoice
Although you have managed to learn about the basic elements of an invoice and how to make one, the next thing that you need to learn would be the types that you can make. Remember that there are many different types of transactions, meaning that there are also many different types of invoices. So long as you know what types there are, you will be able to create the appropriate invoice for any transaction. So knowing that, here are a few examples:
- Medical Invoice
- Proforma Invoice
- Professional Invoice
- Sales Invoice
- Travel Invoice
- Service Invoice
- Sports Invoice
If you would like to learn more about the types of invoices that you can make, or if you want to learn about documents other than an invoice, then you simply need to go through our site until you are able to get all of the information that you are going to need.
What Format Is an Invoice Most Effective In?
There is no specific format that you should make your invoice in as just about all of them can ensure that the document serves its purpose. It’s all a matter of personal preference. If you feel like you want your invoice to look more creative, then you can opt to go for PDF. If you want it to be more professional, then you can decide to go with either Microsoft Word or Excel.
How Do I Easily Make an Invoice?
One of the quickest and easiest ways of making your very own invoice is by using a template. All you have to do on your end is to download the template you want to use, open it with the appropriate program, and then add or change any information that you think the document should have. If you like, you can even use the templates that are available in this article.
So long as you make full use of what this article intends on providing you, then you should be able to come up with an invoice that will deliver all of the much-needed information about a transaction.