- File Formats
There are times where a company has to make a delivery of products to a customer that’s from another country. Should that be the case, the provider must be able to come up with a document that’s able to produce all information regarding what has been handed over.
This is when a commercial invoice will definitely be helpful as it’s what’s most commonly used during trades done with those across international waters. This article is going to teach you all that you need to know in order for you to be able to make one with the help of an invoice template.
If you plan on making a commercial invoice, then you should know that there are a couple of elements that you’re going to have to make sure are always present. Should any of them be missing, then the document won’t be able to either provide the information that the recipient needs, or be valid for use at all.
So with that in mind, here are the basic elements that you should in any good commercial invoice:
1. Company Details: It’s here where you’ll need to write down the basic information of the company that’s responsible for providing whatever the customer needs. Make sure to include the company’s name, address, and contact details.
2. Invoice Number: Every invoice will require an invoice number as it can be used to keep track of a particular transaction. So should you wish to recall the details of a previous order, then all you would need is to remember the invoice number to find the specific transaction that you need to go through.
3. Details of the Recipient: The company that’s providing the products will want to point out who exactly they’re for. This means that they’ll need to include the details of the person that they’re sending it so as to ensure that everything makes its way to the right person. Just make sure to include the persons’ complete name, address, and signature.
4. Item Details: You’re going to have to make a list of all the items that the company providing, as well as other details such as their individual prices and the total amount that has been paid or needs to be paid by the recipient.
Now that you’ve managed to learn what it is that you should be placed inside a commercial invoice, the next thing that you’re going to have to learn are how you should go about in making one. Although this won’t necessarily be the hardest thing that you’re going to be doing, it’s still important that you learn the proper steps to ensure that the one you make contains everything that it needs.
So with that in mind, here are the things that you need to do in order for you to come up with a proper commercial invoice:
1. Know Who You’re Supposed to Send it To: When it comes to making something that’s similar to receipt, you have to make sure that you know who you’re making it for. This is for the sole purpose of pointing out the name of the customer or client that you’re dealing with, all to guarantee that there’s no mistaking this person’s identity. What you’ll need to write down is the recipient’s name. It’s important that you include the first name, last name, and middle initial to ensure that you know exactly who the products and invoice are for.
2. Point Out the Details of the Company Responsible for Providing the Invoice: Not only will you need to share information about the recipient, but you’ll also need to do the same thing for the company that will be doing the providing. It’s pretty much the same when you had to write down the details of the customer as all you have to do is to write down the company’s name, address, and contact details. Just make sure that you do so in a complete manner and you shouldn’t find any problems.
3. Share the Information Regarding What Was Provided: It’s here where you’ll be focusing on the items that have been exchanged between the parties involved. Be sure that you are able to include the following in the invoice:
You should know that there are many different types of commercial invoices and that each of them is meant to provide information on different types of transactions. It’s best that you know exactly what they are so that you can figure out which one you’ll need to make for the right situation. So here are a few examples:
If you would like to learn more about the other types of the invoice you can make, then you simply need to go through our site until you can get the information that you need.
For those of you who are required to make an invoice, then know that the standard size would be that of your typical A4 or US. If you want specific measurements, then this would be 8.5 by 11 inches. Take note that some invoices can be slightly larger or smaller depending on the company that makes it, but so long as it’s within close range of the standard size then it shall retain its professional look.
There are a lot of different programs that you can use to help you create one, with Microsoft Word as the one that’s commonly being used until today. It’s all a matter of knowing which one you’re comfortable with in terms of using and which one has the tools that you need.
Yes. All you’ll need to do is to download a commercial invoice template, open it with the program that you’ve installed, and make whatever changes you think are necessary. If you like, you can make use of all the templates that are available in this article should any of them be of help.
Know that while making one may be easy, you have to make sure that you know what you’re supposed to so that it’s able to contain everything that both parties need to know about a particular transaction. So go through this article and make the most out of the information that has been presented.