A baby shower is done to celebrate the coming of the additional member of a family. It is a way to show the excitement of people about the expected birth of a child. There are different ways that a baby shower may be celebrated and there are also a lot of activities and programs that are associated with the execution and implementation of the occasion. Moreover, there are also a lot of variables that are taken into consideration before an actual baby shower takes place.
The above mentioned items are only a few of the reasons why a Baby Shower Invitation has to be made. Creating one will help the guests to be guided with the things that they can expect from the baby shower. More so, it can also help them to properly show their support to the soon-to-be mother. In many traditions and cultures, it is customary to give gifts that the new born may use in his / her first months of life. These gifts are given in this event which in turn can make the woman who will give birth to be more at ease, joyful and thankful for another blessing that she will soon have.
Baby Boy Shower Invitation
Cute Boy Shower Invitation
Chalkboard Boy Shower Invitation
Camo Baby Boy Shower Invitation
Dinosaur Themed Baby Boy Shower Invitation
Boy Shower Invitation Wording
Chevron Baby Shower Invitation
Chevron Elephant Baby Shower Invitation
Chevron Print Baby Shower Invitation
Gold Glittering Chevron Baby Shower Invitation
DIY Baby Shower Invitation
Creative DIY Baby Shower Invitation
DIY Baby Shower Invitation Card
DIY Princess Baby Shower Invitation
Email Baby Shower Invitation
Sample Email Baby Shower Invitation
Personalized Email Baby Shower Invitation
Gender Neutral Baby Shower Invitation
Modern Gender Neutral Baby Shower Invitation
Rustic Gender Neutral Baby Shower Invitation
Die Cut Gender Neutral Baby Shower Invitation
The Baby Shower Host
The creation of the baby shower invitation greatly relies on the decision of the baby shower host. Technically, anyone can host a baby shower especially if they want to make the woman to whom it is for to feel appreciated and special during a particular day before she gives birth. However, A baby shower is usually organized and put into life by any of the following people:
- The female siblings of the pregnant woman can invite people to celebrate with their sister. It is a form of familial support that allows the soon-to-be mother to be happy during another life chapter that he is to experience as a woman.
- The mother and/or the mother-in-law of the pregnant woman can also host a baby shower. This can be a way of encouraging the soon-to-be mother to be strong and to enjoy the process of giving birth to a child as they have already experienced it.
- The close friends of the woman can also be the people behind a baby shower. This is usually done by women who have been friends for a long period of time and those who wanted to celebrate with their friend in a very special moment. It is most special if it will be the first baby to be born from a person who is a member of a group.
- It may not be customary, but the husband of the soon-to-be mom can also create a baby shower to show his support as the father of the baby.
- Nowadays, the office mates and other people who know the pregnant woman actually hosts a baby shower as they want to celebrate with her.
Since baby showers may occur a number of times before the actual birth of the child, there are no limits on how many baby showers may be hosted by various entities.
The Invited Guests of the Baby Shower
Your baby shower invitation must have information about the guests who are invited to the celebration. This is very essential for the following reasons:
- Your guests need to have an idea on who they can expect to see during the baby shower.
- It will be more comfortable for the guests if they will be aware of the people who they will celebrate the occasion with.
- There are groups of people who wanted to celebrate the baby shower in a more intimate and personal manner.
With this, the people who can be invited as guests in a baby shower celebration are as follows:
- It can be a baby shower for the close friends of the couples.
- A baby shower can also be a venue for the friends of the soon-to-be mom to gather together.
- There are baby showers that are only for the family members of the couples.
- It can be a celebration that includes the colleagues and workmates of the woman.
- Moreover, it can be a combination of any of these attendees to make the celebration bigger.
Guidelines in Selecting the Invited Guests
Before creating the baby shower invitation, you must first consider the selection of the invited guests so you can prepare a baby shower invitation design, a program and other party needs and materials that are appropriate to the guests whose presence is most likely requested during the baby shower. A few of the guidelines that you may follow in the guest selection process are as follows:
- You first need to identify the amount of money that you are willing to spend for the occasion. This can be an issue that the soon-to-be mom may face or it can also be the decision of the host of the baby shower. This is very important as the more guests you invite, the bigger amount of money that you will be required to spend.
- Speaking of guest count, the next thing that you need to think of is the number of guests that you want to invite. You need to have an initial count of the number of people that you want to accommodate as it will dictate the location of the party, the set-up design and the program that you can implement in the space where the celebration will be held.
- Know the groups that you want to include in the celebration. It can be the close friends of the couple, just the girlfriends of the woman who will give birth, or any other groups that wants to celebrate the occasion through hosting it altogether.
- Identify the age range of the guests that you want to invite so you can have an idea of the proper designs and event programs that you will soon execute.
Aside from the invitation, hosts, and the guests of a baby shower, other things to consider in planning a baby shower party include the Baby Shower Menu and the Baby Shower To-Do List.
Mickey Mouse Baby Shower Invitation
Mickey and Minnie Mouse Baby Shower Invitation
Mickey Mouse Clubhouse Baby Shower Invitation
Nautical Baby Shower Invitation
Nautical Girl Baby Shower Invitation
Handmade Nautical Baby Shower Invitation
Blank Nautical Baby Shower Invitation
Owl Baby Shower Invitation
Customized Owl Baby Shower Invitation
Colorful Owl Baby Shower Invitation
Floral Owl Baby Shower Invitation
Printable Baby Shower Invitation
Printable Jungle Themed Baby Shower Invitation
Blank Printable Baby Shower Invitation
Printable Twin Baby Shower Invitation
Royal Baby Shower Invitation
Royal Prince Baby Shower Invitation
Royal Blue Damask Baby Shower Invitation
Purple and Gold Royal Baby Shower Invitation
The Date of the Baby Shower
It is very important for a baby shower to include the accurate date of the baby shower execution. Baby showers should be done four to six weeks before the due date of the pregnancy. Moreover, the only general rule is to host the baby shower before the baby is delivered.
It is very important to set the date of the baby shower for the following reasons:
- It allows the invited guests to know the date of the baby shower.
- It helps the guests to take a time off from their schedules and reserve the date for the baby shower.
- It helps in the planning process as the steps and procedures may be done properly especially when a planning timeline will be followed.
Baby Shower Theme
The baby shower theme is very important to be incorporated in the design of the baby shower invitation. Selecting the baby shower theme should be guided by the following:
- It should be related to the gender of the baby.
- It should be able to reflect the personality of either the mom or both of the baby’s parents.
- It should be based on a particular interest or subject focus.
The baby shower theme that you may select if the baby is a boy are as follows:
- You may select the common option of using different hues of blue.
- Use nautical patterns and make it look appropriate to the celebration by artistically interpreting the items that you will include in the pattern.
- You can also make use of cars and other toys that small boys like to play with.
- Moreover, you can select a theme that has something to do with adventure and video games that are commonly associated to male kids.
- Different kinds of sports may also be used as a theme for a baby shower for a boy.
If the baby shower is for a girl, a few of the themes that you may select from are as follows:
- You can use light and soft items like ribbons and feathers.
- Anything that is colored pink can actually be used as a design material in the theme of the baby shower.
- You can use a variety of symbols that are incorporated to a baby girl like ribbon bows, sparkles and pink milk bottles.
A baby shower invitation can also be a way to invite people to attend a gender reveal that will be held in the baby shower program. It has become a fad nowadays to announce the gender of the baby in a specific baby shower. A gender reveal program which may be included in the list of the activities to be written in the baby shower invitation are as follows:
- Gender reveal through party games.
- Colored party favors and foods which are usually cakes with a specifically colored center.
- Fireworks display that are colored depending on the gender of the baby.
If you will announce the gender of the baby during a baby shower, a gender neutral invitation should be used to provide the guests with the information that they need regarding the party. The themes that you may apply in the party and in the baby shower invitation if you want to keep the gender of the baby in secret first are as follows:
- Baby camps
- Jungle adventure
Any theme that is not associated with a gender and is child-friendly is a great theme to be used to keep the guests excited about the baby’s gender. Other than our samples of baby shower invitation templates and formats, our Baby Shower Banners and Baby Shower Flyers are also available for download.
Surprise Baby Shower Invitation
Surprise Sprinkle Baby Shower Invitation
Thank You Note for Surprise Baby Shower
Surprise Office Baby Shower Invitation
Unique Baby Shower Invitation
Unique Decorative Baby Shower Invitation
Unique Minnie Mouse Baby Shower Invitation
Unique Safari Baby Shower Invitation
Vintage Baby Shower Invitation
Vintage Airplane Baby Shower Invitation
Vintage Circus Baby Shower Invitation
Vintage Travel Baby Shower Invitation
Diaper Baby Shower Invitation
Diaper Party Baby Shower Invitation
Diaper and Beers Baby Shower Invitation
Folding Diaper Baby Shower Invitation
Diaper Shaped Baby Shower Invitation
Homemade Baby Shower Invitation
Homemade Giraffe Baby Shower Invitation
Realistic Homemade Baby Shower Invitation
Homemade Envelope Baby Shower Invitation
Baby Showers for Fathers
Though it has been normal to celebrate a baby shower for a soon-to-be mother, the trends keep on adjusting to the society and the activities that are done by the masses. This is one of the reasons why a baby shower for a soon-to-be father is also done nowadays. This is for the sole purpose of allowing the man to also celebrate and be excited with the coming of his child.
The activities in the program for a baby shower intended for the celebration of the soon-to-be father may include any of the following:
- Beer drinking and having fun with the male friends of the person who will soon be a father.
- Watch sports events and other activities that men usually want to do together.
- Fishing and enjoying each other’s company over a barbecue party.
- Play video games and talk about life in general.
Due to the nature of the activities of baby showers for fathers, these parties are usually done in the following places:
- Bars, pubs, and/or restaurants
- The house of the soon-to-be father’s friends
- Sports arenas
- The soon-to-be grandfather’s house
- A lake or any bodies of water where the men can go fishing
- Any location appropriate for the celebration to be held
If you will celebrate a baby shower in this manner, make sure to include the information that it will be for the father’s celebration in the baby shower invitation.
The Date of Sending The Baby Shower Invitation
With all the information that we have provided, the next thing that you need to think of is the date that the baby shower invitations will be sent out. A few guidelines in selecting the official date of giving the baby shower invitations to your guests are as follows:
- It is highly suggested to send the baby shower invitation a month before the celebration. It is not necessary that all the plans should already be laid out before sending the invitation. As long as the major items like the location and the date are settled, the couple can already give out initial invitations.
- Assure that you will consider the working hours of the guests who you will invite and the activities that they do on a daily basis just so there will be lesser up to no reasons on why they cannot make it to the party.
Once the baby shower invitations have already been given out, the next thing that you need to do are the following:
- Remind your guests to mark the date of the baby shower and reserve their time for the particular event.
- Let the guests be aware of the deadline of either their confirmation or rejection to attend the event depending on circumstances.
- Be sure that you will update the guests should there be any changes in the details or the program written in the baby shower invitation.
More than our baby shower invitation template samples, you may also be interested to browse through and download our samples of Baby Shower Checklist so you will be guided if all the items that you need to do in the planning and implementation process of the baby shower are already done. Also, our Whale Baby Shower Invitation Samples are also available for download if you want to have a more specific design sample that you may follow in the creation of the baby shower invitation that you will use.