Formal letters are useful tools in dealing with professionals, school administrators, business owners, employers, and other individuals whom a person would interact with in a formal setting.
If you are in the process of writing a formal letter sample, feel free to refer to the Formal Letter templates on this page. These templates can guide you as to the proper content, layout, and format of the type of formal letter which you are writing.
Employee Recognition Letter Template
Interview Appointment Letter Template
Company Bonus Letter Template
Resignation Letter Template in PDF
Format of Resignation Letter in PDF
Best Resignation Letter in PDF
Resignation Letter from School in PDF
Cover Letter Template in PDF
Job Application Cover Letter in PDF
Cover Letter for Internship in PDF
Cover Letter Format Template in PDF
Experience Letter Template in PDF
Work Experience Letter in PDF
Work Experience Request Letter in PDF
Teaching Experience Letter in PDF
Job Application Letter in PDF Template
Cover Letter for Job Application in PDF
Job Application Letter with Resume in PDF
What Is a Formal Letter?
A formal letter is a letter which is written for a formal purpose. When we say a formal purpose, it usually has something to do with any of the following:
- Job applications
- Employee management
- Business proposals
- Academic applications
- Government-mandated applications or registrations
- Organizational membership applications
- Lease applications
- Lending applications
- Formal notifications
There are still numerous formal reasons for writing a formal letter. Basically, whatever information which a person needs to communicate in a professional tone or manner must be written in a formal letter. Just as there are various reasons for writing a formal letter, there are equally as many types or kinds of formal letters. On this page, we have a diverse collection of formal letters created in order to cater to varying purposes. To know which type of formal letter is appropriate for your purpose, browse through our collection on this page.
What Must Be Included in a Formal Letter?
A formal letter can have slight differences when it comes to content but more or less, formal letters follow similar format or layouts. The following are the basic parts of a formal letter:
- Formal Salutation
- Body of the Letter
- Formal Closing
- Complete Name of the Letter-Writer
What Is a Resignation Letter?
A resignation letter is a letter submitted by an employee to his/her employer or manager whenever he/she has decided to leave his/her job position. There are several reasons which can serve as a valid ground for resignation. Of course, depending on the company policies, some grounds for resignation may or may not be allowed. The following, however, are the most common reasons which are widely considered as valid:
- The employee’s pregnancy complications
- The employee’s health or medical condition which incapacitates him/her from the efficient performance of his/her daily tasks
- The employee’s relocation or the relocation of his/her significant family members
- The employee’s fitness for retirement due to old age as prescribed by their company rules on proper retirement
- The employee’s financial needs which require him/her to find a job with a higher salary
Aside from the resignation letters on this page, you may also check out our wider collection of Resignation Letter Templates, which contains various types of resignation letters. You may access these templates by clicking on the link provided.
Appointment Letter in PDF Template
Simple Appointment Letter Format in PDF
Appointment Letter for New Employee in PDF
Teacher Appointment Letter in PDF
Business Letter in PDF Template
Business Proposal Letter in PDF
Basic Business Letter Format
Offer Letter in PDF Format
Job Offer Letter Format in PDF
Professional Offer Letter Format in PDF
Internship Offer Letter in PDF
Free Offer Letter Template
Letter Format in PDF Template
Resignation Letter Format in PDF
Appointment Letter Format in PDF
Experience Letter Format in PDF
Relieving Letter Format in PDF
Joining Letter Format in PDF
What Is an Appointment Letter?
An appointment letter is basically any type of letter which involves appointments. The following are situations which call for the writing of an appointment letter:
- It is written by employees who seek to address a pressing issue regarding their jobs to their direct manager or the chief executive officer.
- It is written by employees who wants to be considered for a promotion and thus, asks the manager involved to meet up with him/her in order to assess whether such employee has got the basic qualifications required of the sought after promotion.
- It is written by ordinary individuals with legal concerns to a lawyer in order to give a lawyer an overview of his/her case with the hopes that such a lawyer would agree to a primary appointment in order to review the merits of his/her case.
- It is written by citizens of a state in order to request a meeting with a government official in order to extend his/her concerns regarding a particular concern in their community.
Indeed, there are hundreds of reasons why anyone would want to request an appointment with another person. Whatever the reason for appointment, it is only proper that the request be done through an appointment letter, in which case, you may refer to our relevant templates on this page.
What Is a Landlord Reference Letter?
A landlord reference letter is a type of recommendation letter which is written for the purpose of helping a person who is aiming to rent or lease a particular property or get the lease approval of the owner or the landlord. In writing this letter the following areas must be addressed:
- The person’s employment condition as well as the sufficiency of his/her salary to cover the rent proposed by the landlord as well as the utility bills that goes with it.
- The person’s reliability when it comes to paying his/her bills on time
- The person’s good moral character in order to assure the property owner or landlord that the security of the place would be preserved as well as its establishments and buildings
For more references, check out our collection of Rental Reference Letter. Access these templates by clicking on the link provided.
Reference Letter in PDF Template
Landlord Reference Letter in PDF Template
Employment Reference Letter in PDF
Acceptance Letter in PDF Template
Job Offer Acceptance Letter in PDF
Formal Offer Acceptance Letter
Academic Acceptance Letter in PDF
Letter for Student PDF Template
Reference Letter for Student PDF
Recommendation Letter for Student PDF
Letter of Sponsorship for Student PDF
What Is a Business Proposal Letter?
A business proposal letter is any letter which is intended to communicate a business proposal. There are several types of business proposals which can be made thus there are equally as many types of business proposal letters. The following are the situations in which a business proposal letter would be proper:
- A business proposal letter is written by a business owner in order to invite another business owner to forge a business partnership with his/her company or business.
- A business proposal letter is written by a prospective business owner who wants to ask an existing corporation to fund his/her business ideas with the condition that such corporations would receive parts of the profit should the endeavor be successful.
- A business proposal letter is written by a marketing analyst in order to provide insightful and strategic business plans in order to increase profits and improve the overall quality of a business’s products, services, and employee management.
- A business proposal is written by a vendor to a prospective buyer or customer in order to invite him/her to avail the products/services of his/her company.
What Is a Job Offer Letter?
A job offer letter is the letter which is usually sent by any of the following individuals:
- A hiring manager
- A recruiter
- An employer
- A business owner
- A human resource manager
- A human resource staff or associate
The purpose of this letter is to invite a chosen job applicant to work for the company. Usually, a job offer letter is a result of several applicant screening processes which have been conducted by the any of the abovementioned individuals. This letter must contain the following information:
- The specific title of the job position which is offered
- The basic responsibilities and tasks expected
- The basic salary
- The incentives and benefits available should the job applicant decide to accept the job offer
- The process of regularization
To know more about this specific format, check out our collection of Offer Letter Templates for reliable resources.