How to Write a Visa Invitation Letter?
A visa invitation letter is a letter that the applicant's host writes and sends to the embassy. The letter intends to help the applicant in settling in a foreign country. Analysis from the Pew Research Center said that 22.4 million people applied for a US visa in 2017. With that huge number of application, immigration gets a lot of letters from residents who want to accommodate future immigrants. If you have a friend or a family member who's coming to your country and you want to help him settle, you need to write a visa invitation letter. Read some of our tips below to get you started.
1. Give Your Info
State your name, full address, and passport information in the first paragraph of your sample letter. This gives the immigration officers a clear background about you. You may also include your job and the address of your workplace.
2. Explain the Relationship
Give the applicant's name and explain your relationship with him or her. The applicant can be someone related to you or an acquaintance. Be honest in writing this part of the letter. You can also state the kind of visa the applicant has, such as a tourist visa and a visitor visa.
3. State Your Status
You need to let the immigration officers know your status in the country. If you're a permanent resident or possess a work visa, you have to be transparent about your status of residence. It increases the chances of the applicant in getting the visa he needs.
4. End Nicely
Wrap up your letter warmly. Prompt response from the immigration office by leaving your contact information. Encourage them to give you updates regarding the applicant's request for a visa.
What does a visa stand for?
The word visa stands for Visitors International Stay Admission. It's a document that allows you to stay in a particular country at a certain period of time for any purpose.
What are the kinds of visa?
The kinds of visa are:
1. Transit visa - This visa is valid for 3 days or less. You use a transit visa when you land on a country on the way to your next destination.
2. Tourist visa - This kind of visa is valid for a certain period for travel purposes or attending an occasion such as a wedding.
3. Student visa - This visa is for students who study abroad.
4. Business visa - It's also known as work visa. This is used by workers employed in a foreign country.
5. Immigration visa - Foreigners who married natives of a certain country get this visa.
What are the documents needed in a visa invitation letter?
A visa invitation letter needs some supporting documents. These include:
1. The host's scanned copy of ID or passport.
2. Written proof of home ownership
3. Income statement (for the applicant's financial support by the host)
4. Itinerary (for applicants who apply for tourist visas)
What are the other information that you can include in a visa invitation letter?
As a host, you need to state if you will support the applicant financially. You also have to include his length of stay in the country, the applicant's purpose of visit. Depending on your financial capability, you can cover his airfare back and forth.
Is it easy to get a visa?
Getting a visa is a long process. You have to spend a lot of money and wait for a long time for an approval.