16+ Sample Invoice Templates – AI, PSD, Google Docs, Apple Pages
When a buyer and a seller have come to an agreement regarding how a transaction will take place, both parties will want to make sure that they are aware of all the details. This includes everything from what products/services will be exchanged, the amount of money that has to be paid, etc.
One of the best tools that’s made and used to contain these pieces of information would be an invoice samples. This article is going to teach you all that you need to know in regards how you should go about in creating your own invoice.
Elements of an Invoice
No matter what kind of invoice you end up making, whether it’s a restaurant invoice, rental invoice, or even a delivery invoice, you have to make sure that you don’t forget to include any of the basic elements. They’re what’s going to help both the buyer and the seller know all about the details regarding the transaction that takes place between them.
So with that, here are the basic elements that just about every invoice is going to need:
1. Company Information: Every invoice will need information regarding the company that is responsible for its creation. You have to make sure that you include everything from the name of the company, its address, and even its contact details. That way, the buyer can guarantee that he/she is aware of the identity of the invoice’s creator.
2. Date: Be sure to put in the exact date in which the invoice was made. Include the month, day, and year so that there won’t be any questions regarding when it was created.
3. Invoice Number: It is very important that just about every invoice has its own unique invoice number. The reason for this is because this can help sellers recall which invoice belongs to which particular transaction, allowing them to pull up details whenever needed. So be sure that this is always included in every invoice made and that there are no two invoices with a similar number.
4. List of Goods and Services: The seller that is responsible for creating the invoice must make sure that he/she provides all of the details regarding what is to be handed over to the buyer. Make sure that information such as descriptions of every item and the quantities that they are to be provided in are all present in the invoice.
5. Payment Details: Here is where you will need to point out details such as the amount of every individual item, the tax that will be factored into the price, and the final amount that the buyer will need to pay in exchange for the products/services provided.
6. Payment Terms: Every invoice will need terms regarding how payment should take place. Standard payment terms will vary based on the industry, the company’s preference and the relationship between the buyer and seller. It’s also important to make mention of the penalties if these terms are not met. That includes everything from late fees to any additional payments that the buyer will need to make that will be added to the total bill.
10+ Invoice Templates in Word
Basic Invoice Template
Invoice Example Template
Invoice Format Template
Event Planner Invoice Template
Hostel Invoice Template
Royal Resort Invoice Template
Ice Cream Invoice Template
Graphic Design Invoice Template
Cleaning Invoice Template
Simple Invoice Template
Modern Invoice Template
Tax Invoice Template
Retail Invoice Template
Rental Invoice Template
Plumbing Invoice Template
Freelancer Invoice Template
Travel Invoice Template
How to Make an Invoice in Word
Now that you know exactly what should be in an invoice, the next thing you will need to do is to learn how to actually make one. Even if you already know what it should contain, you still have to make sure that the invoice is able to present the information clearly and properly to the buyer. That way, neither party should have any issues regarding the transaction between them and how it’s to be handled.
So with that in mind, here are the steps that will allow you to come up with an invoice:
1. Use Microsoft Word: If you are going to make an invoice with Word, then you are going to have to make use of a Word program. And what better program to use other than Microsoft Word? If you already have it installed into your computer, then be sure to do the following steps:
- Click on “File” and then click on “New”. Enter “invoice” in the “Search for online templates” field and then press “Enter” to bring up the gallery of invoice thumbnails.
- Choose from the lists of templates to see which one you want to use. Click on one so that you can enlarge it in a preview window, giving you a better idea about what you’re trying to make. Click “Create” to copy the invoice template into a new Word document.
- From all the dummy text in the invoice template, select the ones that you want to change. For example, click “[Buyer’s Name]” and replace it with the actual name of the buyer in the transaction.
- Edit the template with commands on the Word ribbon and the Table Tools ribbon. What this means is that you can choose to make changes to things such as the colors of the tables in the invoice and how the information is to be presented.
2. Include the Basic Elements: Should you decide to not use the template and start from scratch, then you will need to go back to “File”, click on “New”, and then select “Blank Document”. You will then be provided with a document with absolutely nothing in it, meaning that you can now start making your invoice. As you are going about its creation, you will need to make sure that all of the basic elements are included. That’s everything from the company information, item details, invoice number, etc.
If you want to make sure that you include everything the document needs, then you may simply view the many different samples of invoices that you can find just about anywhere online and use those as a reference.
Tips for Making an Invoice
- Go with a proper format: When it comes to making an invoice, you have to guarantee that you end up making one that the buyer will easily be able to read and understand. So what this means is that you will need to consider things such as the font and font size, as well as how you will present the pieces of information that you want the invoice to be able to. Again, you may simply take a look at all of the different samples of invoices and use them as a reference.
- Check for any corrections that need to be made: Before you even think about finalizing the invoice and sending it to the buyer, you have to make sure that it has no mistakes on it. You want to avoid issues such as the buyer complaining about the inaccuracy of the total amount that has to be paid or the services/products that was asked for. So to avoid that, simply do a thorough check on the document and make any necessary corrections.
Types of Invoices
Now is the time for you to learn about the many different types of invoices that you can make. Know that each type of invoice is made for different transactions. Knowing what they are will give you a good idea as to which one you should create for the right situation. So here are a few examples:
- Service Invoice
- Sales Invoice
- Proforma Invoice
- Professional Invoice
- Medical Invoice
- Travel Invoice
- Sports Invoice
Should you wish to learn more about the different types of invoices that you could possibly create, then all you have to do is to go through our site until you are able to acquire all of the information that you are going to need.
What are the methods for paying the invoice?
You can decide to pay via electronic transfers, credit cards, checks, or even directly through cash. The sellers should give buyers more options to pay rather than limit them to just one or two. That way, it can help guarantee that the buyer is able to make the payment on time.
What should happen if the buyer fails to make the payment?
At first, additional payments such as late fees will be included in the total amount that the buyer has to pay. Should the buyer continue to fail in making the payment, then the seller has every right to ask for compensation for what has been provided. These are usually covered in the terms section of the invoice so it’s best that you make sure that all the details are in it. You can also check out invoice templates in a word.
Although making an invoice may not necessarily be hard, but you still have to make sure that you are able to create it well. So long as you are able to make the most out of all the information that has been presented in this article, then you should not have to worry about not being able to make a proper invoice.