Utility bills and job invoices sample are usually given to consumers or clients in exchange of the products or services that they have acquired from service providers. Unlike a proforma invoice, these documents which state the services rendered and their corresponding cost would demand consumers to pay either in cash, credit or in instalment.
45+ Accounting Services Templates in PDF, Word, Excel, PSD, Google Docs, InDesign, Apple Pages, Google Sheets, Publisher, Apple Numbers, Illustrator - START DOWNLOADING
Simple Job Invoice Template
Invoice writing usually takes a longer time especially if it is done manually, especially for job invoices, since all services must be specified and contained in the document. But if you require templates of its kind, like contract job, work invoice, and auto repair invoice, you may further scrutinize the article below.
Auto Repair Invoice
What Is a Job Invoice?
A job invoice elaborates the service/s rendered to the client upon request. The format is similar to other invoices, such as freelance invoice template and invoice format templates.
Usually, a job invoice contains a number of essential elements and some are provided below:
- Company details, which refer to the service provider’s complete business name, its physical address, contact details, and registration numbers or licenses, if applicable.
- The scope of services, which have been provided to the consumer.
- Payment details, which refer to the monetary value of the transaction written in words and in numerical figures.
- Reference or the serial number of the invoice.
- Consumer details, which include some of its personal details such as name and contact information.
How to Turn a Job Estimate Into an Invoice?
Prior the release of an invoice, service providers first issue a job estimate to inform their customer of the cost of his request. A job estimate is almost reliable provided it has checked what services are actually required, with consideration to some unseen factors that might further add to the value as well.
You may turn a job estimate into an invoice through the following simple means:
- Using an invoice format base on Commercial Invoice Templates or Invoice Templates Invoice templates, you may just copy some of the contents of a job estimate in the invoice.
- Or, the consumer may just pay the exact amount given on the estimate while waiting for the issuance of the invoice afterward. The transaction, however, is a case-to-case basis.
Tips to Create an Effective Job Invoice Template?
Building your own job invoice template is easy as long as you know very well what you are doing. Be it in document or spreadsheet format, your template must be complete and reusable.
In creating an effective job invoice template, you bear in mind some tips below:
- You must create your template on an application which you think you fare better or you are excelling at. If your working knowledge is better in Msword than in MsExcel, you may choose the first one.
- Your template must be comprehensive and general so that it would a lot easier for you to edit some contents should you create another document which varies from that of the first one.
- You must never alter your main template by ensuring that you get to save each of your document individually.
- You may fix some of your template’s general content to make sure that they do not mess up when you create another one.
The presence of templates on your computers or laptop could definitely allow you to work on documents in a shorter span of time. The same way with your job invoice templates, basic invoice templates and contract invoice templates. Therefore, taking extra care of them must be observed and called for at all times.