Letters are used in different transactions and information exchanges. There are a lot of entities who make use of letters in many ways possible since there are various contents that a letter can encapsulate. There are kinds of letters that are used in business processes while there are also a few that are written for casual or personal usage. If you want to create a letter that you will send to someone, make sure that the format of the letter is appropriate to the purpose of usage and that the information written in the letter are properly allocated, well written and organized.
The Letter Format varies on the purpose on why it will be used and the entities that are involved in the transaction which is the reason why the letter has to be made. Since there are a variety of letters available in different industries, fields and circumstances, one must be able to assess the timely usage of letters and how he or she can fully maximize the advantages of using a particular letter for a specific transaction. Along with Letter Formats, content creation should be more than considered so you can relay the message that you want the receiver of the letter to know.
Letter of Intent Template
Employment Offer Letter Template
Sample Business Letters
Professional Business Letter
Business Letter Format
Thank You Letters Sample
Interview Thank You Letter
Scholarship Thank You Letter
Personal Thank You Letter
Sample Letters of Recommendation
Free Sample Letter of Recommendation for Teachers
Letter of Recommendation for Scholarship
Sample Letter of Recommendation for Student
Sample Letters of Request
Letter of Request for Accommodation
Sample Letters of Complaint
Formal Letter of Complaint
Letter of Complaint to Parents
Consumer Letter of Complaint
Letters are commonly used in business processes especially for those transactions that are needed to be documented. More so, it also provides professionalism in the exchange of messages that are needed to close a business deal or any corporate undertakings.
If you will write a Business Letter, here are a few items guidelines that you may follow:
- Make the business letter simple. You do not need to use a lot of words in your letter as people in the business industry usually want the exact details right away so they can devote their time to more productive activities. It will also be easier for them to know the information that they need to be aware of.
- Maintain focus on the subject matter. Make sure that the letter is focusing on the main topic that is needed to be discussed. Put all the important information in the first paragraph of the letter and group the supporting details on the next paragraphs that you will write.
- Assure that the purpose of the letter is being served. Create cohesion in terms of all the items that you will put in your business letter. The purpose of creating the letter should be clear may it be for business follow-ups, new and suggested corporate transactions, partnership requests or any other reasons why an entity needs to send a letter to a business.
- Be aware of your spacing. Make sure that you will leave spaces in each paragraph and that all the sentences are properly placed, indented if needed, and visually pleasing.
- Justify the letter for a more professional overall letter appeal. It is very important for business letters to look as neat as possible. Assure that all the paragraphs are justified so that there will be a better visual flow while the receiver of the letter is reading the content that you have written.
- Use font sizes, faces, and styles that are business-like. Do not veer away from structured and clean fonts as they are always professional looking and appropriate to be used in any kind of business letter. Suggested font sizes for business letters range from ten (10) to twelve (12).
Samples of Business Letters
A few samples of business letters are as follows:
- Sales letters are used by businesses to provide information about their products and services offerings to clients. It can also be a way of marketing the business and acquiring new clients which will lead to a wider market share. Sales letters may be given by the business to existing clients who would like to create a purchase, new clients to whom the products and services of the business will be introduced, or to other businesses where possible collaborations and team ups may be done.
- Complaint Letters are very common in the business industry. This type of letter is usually written by the consumer of a business who has been disappointed by the services that the business has provided. It can also be a way of stating the items that are considered to be the down side of the products of the business. Though complaint letters usually have a negative note, it should still be written professionally for the business to come up with appropriate answers and resolutions.
- Acknowledgment letters are sent by businesses to their customers to assure them that they are aware of the transaction being done and that follow-ups will be given until the transaction has already been closed. On the other hand, this can also be written by the clients if s/he would like to let the business know that a particular purchase has already been finished or a specific request regarding a transaction has already been granted.
- Inquiry letters are also sent by clients to a business. This is done for the main purpose of knowing more information about the details of a business’s product and service offering. More so, it can also be used to gather details about the business and their nature of operations.
Sample Cover Letters
Cover Letter Sample Application
Cover Letter for Internship
Sample Formal Letters
Sample Formal Complaint Letter
Sample Formal Invitation Letter
Sample Formal Resignation Letter
Free Sample Letters of Recommendation for Teachers
Letters of Recommendation for Teacher of the Year
Letters of Recommendation for Teacher from Principal
A basic letter usually have the following information written on it:
- The return address or the location of the letter writer
- The date that the letter has been written and sent which should include the exact month, day, and year of letter curation
- The inside address or the recipients’ formal, permanent, and/or company address
- Information about the expected receiver of the letter
- A salutation which may be formal for business letters and casual for personal letters
- The body of letter that states the purpose of writing the letter and the details supporting the letter’s purpose
- A complimentary closings
- The signature of the person who wrote the letter
- The name and other needed information of the letter writer
A thank-you letter is written to show the appreciation of the person who wrote the letter to the receiver of the specific letter. A few samples of a thank-you letter are as follows:
- Interview Thank-You Letter
- Scholarship thank-you letter
- Personal thank-you letter
- Recommendation thank-you letter
- Wedding thank-you letter
- Graduation thank-you letter
Letter of Request
Request Letters are usually used in the business and corporate environment as there are transactions that are needed to be requested before it is being provided either by the company or the department or division that can grant the specific request. A letter of request may also be used in any professional transactions where there is a need to formally ask for approval of implementation, acquisition and/or execution. A request letter is written by an individual or a group to ask or request for something from an entity. A few samples of requests letters are as follows:
- Promotion request letter
- Request for accommodation letter
- Letter of request for payment
Free Sample Letters of Recommendation for Employment
Personal Letter of Recommendation for Employment
Letter of Recommendation for Nurse Employment
Sample Resignation Letters
Letters of Resignation from a Job
Letter of Acceptance of Resignation
Free Sample Letters of Retirement
Letter of Retirement from Employer
Letter of Retirement Format
Real Estate Letters
Real Estate Introduction Letter
Free Legal Sample Letters
Independent Legal Advice Letter
Cover Letters for Job Application
Cover Letter for Freshers Job
Complaint Letters are usually written if a client is dissatisfied with the products or services that he or she has purchased or received. Moreover, it can also be used by clients who believe that improper or poor customer service has been implemented by the business with regards to the transaction where they are involved.
There are a variety of complaint letters used in a wide range of transactions and a few of them are as follows:
- Legal complaint letters
- Business complaint letters
- Personal transaction complaint letters
- Tenant or residential complaint letters
- Parents complaint letters
Letters that are used for recommendation usually states the positive qualities and competencies of the person to whom the letter is for. Recommendation Letters can be in different forms which can be any of the following:
- Faculty recommendation letter
- Employee recommendation letter
- Academic recommendation letter
- Graduate student recommendation letter
- Promotion recommendation letter
- Volunteer recommendation letter
The references who will write the recommendation letter vary on the kind of recommendation that is needed by the entity requesting for the specific letter. A few of the usual references who are requested to write a recommendation letter are as follows:
- Thesis advisers
- Program coordinators
A basic resignation letter includes the following information:
- The date that the resignation letter was written
- The name of the employee who will resign and his or her job position and work description
- The effective date of the resignation
- The number of service days that the employee will render before the effective date of the resignation
- The reason of the resignation
There are a lot of reasons why a resignation letter has to be made and a few of them are the following:
- There is a new job offer from a different company that has better salary package and employee benefits.
- There is no professional growth in the company where the employee is currently working.
- There are downsides in terms of the systems and protocols being followed by the business.
- The employee is not happy with his or her workplace any longer.
- Other personal reasons that the employee has to deal with.
With all the letters that you may select from, there sure is a lot of studying that is needed to be done to assure that the letter that you will use for a specific transaction is well curated. Other than our samples of letter templates, you may also be interested to download our Samples of Travel Poster Templates.