If you try to conduct a survey and ask a number of women with regards to their ideal month that they would want their wedding to fall, you’ll come to realize that most of them would answer June. Many women actually want to tie their knot in the month of June because according to them, those who get married in June are the ones who will be blessed abundantly with prosperity and success. You may also see fall wedding invitations.
There are also other reasons as to why many women prefer this month to hold their wedding, some according to superstitious beliefs while some according to practicality. Regardless of your own reason for wanting to become a June bride, we have tons of wedding invitation designs for you to go through. Although we’re confident that you’ll be able to find what you need here, we suggest that you look around first before making up your mind. You may also see invitation examples.
Different countries mean different cultures, and with different cultures, there are also traditions that are being practiced. For most people, they are mostly following the Western wedding tradition but with their own unique twist. Below, we will find out some of the most interesting traditions that people from other cultures follow when it comes to weddings. You may also see calligraphy wedding invitations.
When a Congolese couple gets married, they are required to keep their excitement and happiness in check for the entire day of their wedding. In fact, the couple are not allowed to smile during the wedding ceremony up until the reception. If they do smile, it would give the impression that they weren’t serious about marriage.
In a rather unusual tradition, the groom will shoot arrows—without the arrowheads, of course—to his wife using a bow, and afterwards, collect those arrows and break them in half. This gesture is said to symbolize assurance that their love will last forever. You may also see photo wedding invitations.
In this culture, instead of the bride trying to prepare their body by shedding some weight prior to the event, they would rather have themselves packed by eating a lot during the days that lead to the wedding date. According to them, this would symbolize that the husband is wealthy and the wife is well-fed.
Let your invitees feel like they are about to embark on a something meaningful and memorable with this creative boarding pass wedding invite template. For sure, your invitees will keep their copies of the free invitation as a souvenir.
Looking for something visually simple but also appealing? Then you may want to consider using the marriage invitation template above.
This elegant wedding invitation template comes with four uniquely designed monograms, but what are monograms? A monogram is an image that contains two or more letters—usually the initials of people—written in an elegant manner to form one symbol. For this template, the monogram contains the first letters of the couple’s names and is placed as a header for the invitation card.
In an act that would teach the newlyweds the virtue of working together, they will need to spend the first few hours or even days of being husband and wife cleaning the piles of broken dishes around the venue. These porcelain dishes are broken by the guests of the wedding by throwing it to the ground, and this gesture is said to ward of evil spirits.
The Lebanese term for the sample wedding ceremony is Zaffeh, which involves a lot of shouting, loud music, and belly dancing at the groom’s and bride’s houses. This is to show happiness and excitement for the couple who are about to be joined by marriage.
In a gesture that is said to protect the couple from bad fortune, the father of the bride spits on his daughter’s head and chest just as they leave the village after their wedding. You may also see modern wedding invitations.
During the wedding ceremony program, each guest is given a stone and are asked to hold it for the entire duration of the ceremony. By the end of the event, the guest are then asked to place the stones in a decorative dish called a unity bowl. Once all of the guests have placed their stones inside the unity bowl, it will be given to the couple as a souvenir, which they will then display inside their home to remind them of the support given to them by their friends and family.
Ever since the start of this article, you are probably wondering why many people dream of having their weddings in the month of June, and we mentioned that some do it due to superstition while others do it due to practicality. Aside from those two, there are tons of other reasons as to why women love to become June brides, and we will find out below. You may also see sunflower wedding invitations.
1. The month of June is named after Juno, the goddess of marriage, who is said to bless couples with success, prosperity, and happiness if they are wedded in her month. You may also see Disney wedding invitation designs.
2. People from the medieval times took a bath only once every year, and it usually fell between May to June—the middle months of a year. Because of this, getting married in June would mean that the brides still smelled fresh from their recent bath. It is even said that the purpose of the bride’s bouquet is to make them smell a lot more pleasant. You may also see funny wedding invitations.
3. According to a Roman tradition, getting married in May can bring bad luck to the couple since it is the month when the Feast of the Dead as well as the Feast of the Goddess of Chastity take place. However, getting married a month after is totally fine. You may also see trifold wedding invitations.
4. Because June marks the start of the summer season—and this season is usually very warm and humid—it makes shorter wedding dresses an ideal style.
5. Also, this month makes for a perfect outdoor reception because of the beautiful summer sunsets.
6. Movies such as “June Bride” and “Seven Brides for Seven Brothers” have reinforced the tradition of getting married during this month. You may also see pocket wedding invitation designs.
7. And for a more practical reason, a couple who gets married in June will be paying a much lesser amount for their respective income taxes and will also receive substantial refunds. It is said that married people have more obligations than single ones, which is why their income tax rates are lower. You may also see free wedding invitations.
8. Lastly, couples choose the month of June for their wedding to allow them to time the birth of their child so as not to interfere with their harvest work. You may also see handmade wedding invitations.
Make your event worth announcing by using this unique wedding invitation template. As you can see from the sample above, this template closely resembles a newspaper.
Want your wedding invitations to look like a movie poster? Now you can with this exceptionally romantic wedding invitation template.
Consistently remind your invitees about the date of your wedding, and with this printable wedding invitation template, it would be almost impossible for them to forget it.
During the planning of a wedding, there are things that one should and should not do in order to make the event successful. And during the planning phase comes the making of the invitation cards, which is also another crucial part of the wedding. It is very important that these invitations are able to work well since they give out a first impression of the event and they also set the tone. Below are some things that you can and can not do with invitations.
1. On the front page of the invitation card, DO write the bride’s name first before the groom’s. This is simply according to etiquette, and there have been instances wherein this tradition isn’t followed.
2. Whatever the motif is for the entire wedding ceremony and reception, DO stick with that for the invitation design’s color scheme just to be consistent.
3. Because wedding invitations usually indicate the flow of events as well, DO keep a copy of the beautiful invitation just in case you’ll need it as a guide.
4. Even though you have included an RSVP on the invitation, whether it included on the sample invitation card itself or printed separately, DO reach out to the people you are inviting and remind them for their response.
5. For most formal designs, the number of font types should be limited. For wedding invitations, DO NOT use more than two fonts. One is fine, two is ideal, but three is too much.
6. When including an RSVP, DO NOT set its deadline very close to the date that you have sent the invitation. Give the invitee enough time to make up their minds or to set their sample schedules.
7. Some couple hold pre and post wedding events such as bridal showers, wedding rehearsals, and post-nuptial gatherings. When creating invitations, DO NOT include these events, focus on the wedding day itself.